OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What reason? As far as I can tell right now there is no evidence the killer (or killers) waited for HR to come home from the hospital. Maybe she just happened to be home from the hospital.

Generalizing.

Also, all of the kids were left alive, why not wait until she has her baby.

Other reasons, I'm unable to discuss.

They specifically let the children live... It just occurred to me that if they let the children live that night- they had to know that someone would be coming early in the morning.. Otherwise why would they be so kind as to spare the child's life but then let it starve to death? Maybe It's because they KNEW someone would be out the next morning.

They specifically let the children live... It just occurred to me that if they let the children live that night- they had to know that someone would be coming early in the morning.. Otherwise why would they be so kind as to spare the child's life but then let it starve to death? Maybe It's because they KNEW someone would be out the next morning.

Or maybe they didn't care if children lived or died. Children were too young to ID them so they weren't killed.It doesn't mean there was any concerned about well being.

Fabulous point!!

I definitely think this was planned. Not spontaneous. There is a reason HR was home from the hospital with the baby and not pregnant. JMO.

I would have agreed with you yesterday. Now I honestly think that was just a weird coincidence.

4/20 is the biggest day of the year for selling pot. There would've been a lot of cash in one of those homes. Probably close to $25,000. I think this is somebody who wanted to get his hands on that cash. Somebody who was mad because Gary was brought in to help with the business instead of himself. Somebody who said in interviews that Kenneth was always willing to give him a loan.

I would have agreed with you yesterday. Now I honestly think that was just a weird coincidence.

4/20 is the biggest day of the year for selling pot. There would've been a lot of cash in one of those homes. Probably close to $25,000. I think this is somebody who wanted to get his hands on that cash. Somebody who was mad because Gary was brought in to help with the business instead of himself. Somebody who said in interviews that Kenneth was always willing to give him a loan.

I'm not saying the murders occurred because of the baby. I'm more generalizing that they just weren't trying to kill the baby. JMO. Regardless, this was pre-meditated.

Exactly. And this points me toward it being someone who knew the family well. They didn't want the innocent to die. They didn't want to kill a pregnant Hanna because her baby didn't "deserve" to die. (Not that any of them did, I'm just thinking like the killer(s))

But they made it a STRONG point to WAIT until she had the baby and came home. Because she had to be taken out, but they didn't want the innocent to go with her.

Someone cared enough to PLAN in advance to save the babies from death. They didn't tear through and kill anyone in their way. They took out the EXACT people who they felt needed to go, and no one else.

Or they simply didn't need to kill the children because children are too young to make an ID.

My question exactly. Why was it a businessman the first to offer to step in and offer money to catch the killer(s), and yet LE and the AG literally beg during each presser for people to call in if they know anything, even if they think it is irrelevant? They set up crimestopper funds regularly and for much less. Just seems so strange to me. This whole case is bizarre. We are a week in and...nothing.
Well because they are getting leads and tips as they said. They are still following them through.

I'm not saying the murders occurred because of the baby. I'm more generalizing that they just weren't trying to kill the baby. JMO. Regardless, this was pre-meditated.

I agree. I don't think they occurred BECAUSE of the baby. I will forever and always believe that Chris Sr. was the patriarch and the reason for this whole massacre. It was his immediate family that was taken out. And whomever did it, felt that those people HAD to go, and no one else.

But I do and will always believe that they didn't plan this before the baby was born because they didn't want to kill the innocent. So they waited until a day or two after Hanna came home so that they could kill her without killing the baby.

And in my opinion, someone didn't want the babies to die. They may not have cared about their "well-being", that's obvious since they scarred the children for life - but they didn't want the innocent to die.

In my opinion, every person that died HAD to die in the killer(s) mind. And I think it all surrounds Chris Sr.

This is all my opinion from everything I've read and seen and analyzed.

Or they simply didn't need to kill the children because children are too young to make an ID.

Yes. Or something like that. All this speculation about waiting for the baby to be born, etc. is not based on anything. It's total conjecture. It's making up a story to explain the kids left alive.

If this was an ordered hit to take out the business, there would be no need to kill the babies. Because it's business. This is every bit as likely. In my opinion much more so.

Yeah it's amazing how it only took a few days from my opinion being swayed..i definitely didn't think cartel was a crazy thought but now I think that theory is close to 100% unlikely.

So now looking back at that press conference where they talked how sophisticated/etc it all was, that does surprise me now too..I know that was a big theme here earlier.

Maybe it just meant that the crime scene was covered up and obviously that the killer(s) tried to manipulate or make it look, however you want to say it. jmo.

But it's been acknowledged that Gary's friend list went from public to private last night right? Is that ok to ask? Don't want to get banned on my 3rd post.

GR's friends' list hasn't been public since I started following this case a few days ago. I think a poster confused his "followers" with "friends."

Welcome to Websleuths!

Yes. Or something like that. All this speculation about waiting for the baby to be born, etc. is not based on anything. It's total conjecture. It's making up a story to explain the kids left alive.

If this was an ordered hit to take out the business, there would be no need to kill the babies. Because it's business. This is every bit as likely. In my opinion much more so.

What makes you decide HR was involved and needed to die then if it's "buisness"?

3 year olds talk. They can also identify people.

Yes, and I bet if these "innocent" children were around 10, killers wouldn't car if they were "innocent" or not.

Look I really think this was a hit. I think it happened under cover of darkness for obvious reasons. When it's dark outside, people are probably home and sleeping, so, more victims, but at least there's a good chance you get all the players. Everybody gets killed. Except those obviously not involved or able to say what happened.

The article re El Chapo strikes me as being directly on point. While I don't know enough to distnguish El Chapo from Zorro, I do strongly believe that the growers/producers in Pike County are simply links in a chain that begins with Mexican crime lords and ends with distribution by folks aligned with Crips and Bloods. And I think that these franchises are somewhat less clear than a legit business model would. Now, I don't know the nature of the beef, but this continues to look to me like a show of power. Whatever the transgression commited by the Rhodens--which could have been sharing info about competitors with LE, skimming profits, drawing the line at growing and refusing to engage in shattering or meth production, or dealing directly with distributors and cutting the Mexicans out.

Personally I am no Dewine fan, but I do believe there is truth in his rather inelegant statements. This killing is not like some rather random shoot-ups followed by suicide--as fits both some shootings by people beset by mental illness, as well as some relationship rages--where the killer presumes they will be caught and makes a suicide part of the event.

I do think Dewine is right in suggesting this one is going to take awhile. Columbus recently saw a legal take-down of one of the street-gangs involved in distribution. It was apparently years in the making. End of the day it would seem that a lot of cases rested on various arrestees agreeing to testify against one another. In this case, I would imagine that the shooter(s) are fairly small fish--and may have left the country (or certainly the county) by now.

Interesting comment in the article by the Sheriff who reported having received threats--from the Mexicans--against his children. Says he let them know if their children are hurt then LE will fight back. Just an ironic little message considering children in this case were left unharmed.

One more thought. LM--who I think must be taken with a grain of salt--said look at custody. Seems odd. Think however if he wasn't talking about custody of children, but chain of custody of evidence. LE recently intercepted a rather large shipment of weed from CA. Maybe it wasn't all destroyed (or there were rumors along those lines).

What makes you decide HR was involved and needed to die then if it's "buisness"?

3 year olds talk. They can also identify people.

Right. There are lots of cases solved by the testimony of a 3 year old witness.

I still think there may be a connection to KY.

I find it a coincidence that Gary who had been busted for indoor grow operations was there working on indoor grow operations.

Gary had connections to a group that did a lot of work going to Detroit, trafficking.

It is very possible the Rhodens decided to get more involved and decided to cut some middle men out.

Also on this community, it is very possible there was anger over something silly.

I still say Chris is the center of it.

I'm not buying one of the witnesses doing the killing right now, he was very good friends and not just related, to one of the deceased.

The more time goes by without any arrests, the more I lean toward cartel.

You can argue there is no proof that these kids were left alive for a reason, but there is no proof they weren't left alive for a reason either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What reason? As far as I can tell right now there is no evidence the killer (or killers) waited for HR to come home from the hospital. Maybe she just happened to be home from the hospital.

Agreed. I think it's coincidental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members