OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in the sentencing phase of the trial, a mitigating factor could be that some sleuthers think the murderer(s) benevolently "spared" the lives of the babies...............JMO lol

I would have agreed with you yesterday. Now I honestly think that was just a weird coincidence.

4/20 is the biggest day of the year for selling pot. There would've been a lot of cash in one of those homes. Probably close to $25,000. I think this is somebody who wanted to get his hands on that cash. Somebody who was mad because Gary was brought in to help with the business instead of himself. Somebody who said in interviews that Kenneth was always willing to give him a loan.
Link please?
Also, where is your information regarding what cash they did or did not have coming from?

We are talking about reporters giving a portion of a statement here though. Yesterday one got a statement from Gary's father and it became that Chris Jr and Gary were found together.

We don't know how much even Gary's father knows yet. It might be that Gary was only shot three times, that could end up being the case.. But we just don't know for sure yet because there has only been info from the media on that.

That is just something we need to remember, it still falls into speculation in absence of an official report.

Like I said I believe what his father said, I'm not a we. jmo idk

Maybe the killer waited for Hanna's baby to be born because he couldn't kill Hanna until she got home from the hospital.

Although, I really don't think the timing had anything to do with her.

I think someone felt left out. Somebody was mad because Cousin Gary was getting a bigger cut than he was.

Someone who thought he was on the inside but suddenly realized he was on the outside.

Someone who smoked a little meth, got really enraged, got really strong, and went on a killing mission. Killed Kenneth first. Then had to kill everybody who might know who was so mad at Kenneth & Chris. Who had witnessed a fight the night before, or heard about it from family members?

My primary drawback with this theory is that I don't think a person like that would have the patience, forethought, mental acuity, and skill level to pull off a crime of this magnitude. Especially considering the apparent lack of evidence discovered.

Yes. Or something like that. All this speculation about waiting for the baby to be born, etc. is not based on anything. It's total conjecture. It's making up a story to explain the kids left alive.

If this was an ordered hit to take out the business, there would be no need to kill the babies. Because it's business. This is every bit as likely. In my opinion much more so.

Excellent post , thank you

Okay. No reason for everyone to get salty about everyone's opinions. Some are asinine. Some of us have theories that we KNOW are asinine. We have limited information. Some have gone as far to go through every public record they've found or found things online or on FB, or things have reminded them of other cases. While others of us go on just what we read here. We are all here to theorize, not actually crack the case. I think all of the theories are interesting, some lead us into another theory, some knock other theories out of the water, some are far more plausible than others, despite multiple theories being possible. And every time I come up with one, I'm able to argue it. And then I'm able to argue that. Some have read far more deeper into the family aspect through court records than others. Some of us can relate to country life and why things don't seem abnormal in that aspect, while others of us live in the city and don't understand country life in its entirety. Some of us have reason to suspect certain people, while others have reasons to suspect others. The truth is right now that there are MANY possibilities on who is behind this. Some believe everything MSM says or Daily Mail. It doesn't matter. We are all here for the same reason, we want justice because REGARDLESS of the activities this family participated in, there was a lot of love and many people have said they were good people. Children lost their parents. People lost cousins, aunts, uncles, kids, grandkids. We are all different and all have different opinions based on things we've read, learned, or gone through in our own lives. No reason to belittle people for opinions. We are all posting opinions. If we posted actual facts with what LE has said, we wouldn't have much to talk about. We are all speculating. No reason to get panties in a bunch. Nobody is right or wrong. Until we have the answers. Some theories are more plausible than others. Absolutely.

JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The article re El Chapo strikes me as being directly on point. While I don't know enough to distnguish El Chapo from Zorro, I do strongly believe that the growers/producers in Pike County are simply links in a chain that begins with Mexican crime lords and ends with distribution by folks aligned with Crips and Bloods. And I think that these franchises are somewhat less clear than a legit business model would. Now, I don't know the nature of the beef, but this continues to look to me like a show of power. Whatever the transgression commited by the Rhodens--which could have been sharing info about competitors with LE, skimming profits, drawing the line at growing and refusing to engage in shattering or meth production, or dealing directly with distributors and cutting the Mexicans out.

Personally I am no Dewine fan, but I do believe there is truth in his rather inelegant statements. This killing is not like some rather random shoot-ups followed by suicide--as fits both some shootings by people beset by mental illness, as well as some relationship rages--where the killer presumes they will be caught and makes a suicide part of the event.

I do think Dewine is right in suggesting this one is going to take awhile. Columbus recently saw a legal take-down of one of the street-gangs involved in distribution. It was apparently years in the making. End of the day it would seem that a lot of cases rested on various arrestees agreeing to testify against one another. In this case, I would imagine that the shooter(s) are fairly small fish--and may have left the country (or certainly the county) by now.

Interesting comment in the article by the Sheriff who reported having received threats--from the Mexicans--against his children. Says he let them know if their children are hurt then LE will fight back. Just an ironic little message considering children in this case were left unharmed.

One more thought. LM--who I think must be taken with a grain of salt--said look at custody. Seems odd. Think however if he wasn't talking about custody of children, but chain of custody of evidence. LE recently intercepted a rather large shipment of weed from CA. Maybe it wasn't all destroyed (or there were rumors along those lines).
I agree, this is very complex and will indeed take awhile.
That shipment IMO. Has a lot to do with this case in one form or another. Also, I am so glad the restaurant owner rescinded his reward, I do believe he could have had some repercussions otherwise.

Someone asked earlier about bikers in the area around the time of the murders. I was at the Serpent Mound on that Saturday. There was a volunteer training that afternoon which was scheduled to be held at the large shelter. At the last minute a group wanted the shelter for a wedding. There were a lot of bikers there that day. Who calls and asks for a shelter 2 days before the wedding was supposed to take place? I found that to be odd. Anyway, there were a lot of bikers there that day also. Why the questions about bikers? Is there any info that any of the victims were involved in a biker group?

I agree, this is very complex and will indeed take awhile.
That shipment IMO. Has a lot to do with this case in one form or another. Also, I am so glad the restaurant owner rescinded his reward, I do believe he could have had some repercussions otherwise.

I agree, the Shatter Bust keeps popping into my head. Even though nothing has linked it to this.

People angry enough to kill others and leaving kids isn't abnormal. It takes a lot to kill someone, it takes even more to kill a child and/or baby.

There are even professional killers that won't kill kids. People in prison will go after people that do things to kids.

There is a weird code of ethics and morals where some killers draw the line with kids.
Yes! I was just about to type something similar in agreement to your post.

Someone asked earlier about bikers in the area around the time of the murders. I was at the Serpent Mound on that Saturday. There was a volunteer training that afternoon which was scheduled to be held at the large shelter. At the last minute a group wanted the shelter for a wedding. There were a lot of bikers there that day. Who calls and asks for a shelter 2 days before the wedding was supposed to take place? I found that to be odd. Anyway, there were a lot of bikers there that day also. Why the questions about bikers? Is there any info that any of the victims were involved in a biker group?

I think it was just a random theory of biker gang being involved. It was briefly touched on, I don't remember the specifics. I think someone, again, grasping for straws and possibilities.

I don't think she was a casualty either. Otherwise they could have killed everyone while she was in the hospital instead of waiting until she got home.
That's assuming this was a planned murder and not something spontaneous.

The thing about the new mother that intrigues me - is how would the intruders know she was asleep? A four day old baby normally keeps a mother up all hours of the night? Right? For HR to be found with baby in arms in bed - she had to be asleep?The odds of an intruder entering when she WAS NOT asleep would be pretty high? No? In her case - how would they presume she was not awake tending to her child? Makes me wonder if the killer/s were in that location to begin with and they struck once they were sure HR was asleep. First time here. Hope I'm doing this correctly??

If somebody cared about well being of the children, that somebody wouldn't kill a bunch of people in front of these children. I am just saying...

Of course that's true; no one in their right mind, who truly cared about children, would have done this! With that said, the children not being killed is a message. What that message is is unclear; whether the message is "I/We don't touch children" (to rationalize their actions...) or "This time the adults; next time it will be the children" (meaning this could have been a warning to others...), we don't really know. When an arrest(s) occurs, you can be sure that the perp(s) DA will use the fact that they spared the children's life to humanize them and possibly take the DP off the table. JMO ~

I don't know about biker group but unless I was dreaming I believe I saw a picture of KR on a motorcycle. The picture would have been on a news site as I don't look at FB or any other site regarding this case.

Not dreaming here's the pic

422f4e4f7c14ebb376edbf6808150d31.jpg

The thing about the new mother that intrigues me - is how would the intruders know she was asleep? A four day old baby normally keeps a mother up all hours of the night? Right? For HR to be found with baby in arms in bed - she had to be asleep?The odds of an intruder entering when she WAS NOT asleep would be pretty high? No? In her case - how would they presume she was not awake tending to her child? Makes me wonder if the killer/s were in that location to begin with and they struck once they were sure HR was asleep. First time here. Hope I'm doing this correctly??

I guess that's another thing we don't know. Was her house casually walked into, was she by chance just laying in bed with the baby and if a gun was put to her head didn't move, did she plead for her life or her kids life, we just don't know. Just because she was in bed doesn't necessarily mean she was asleep JMO. While it's likely she was considering we suspect she was at DR's and others were killed, we still just don't have that information set in stone. JMO.

Hi there :)

I think that the killer(s) probably didn't expect her to be much of a threat, asleep or not.

I don't know about biker group but unless I was dreaming I believe I saw a picture of KR on a motorcycle. The picture would have been on a news site as I don't look at FB or any other site regarding this case.

Not dreaming here's the pic

422f4e4f7c14ebb376edbf6808150d31.jpg

I think it was just mentioned as a theory. Like a biker gang was mad they were running their turf. Many people own bikes not at all related to a biker gang or associated with. I think it was just one of thousands of theories mentioned as a possibility. I remember somebody asking if large groups of bikers were in the area but since the weather had been nicer many are out on bikes, and many groups get together and cruise country roads, we see it all the time out here when 20 bikes drive by. JMO.

Well obviously. Anyone planning this is not going to go at noon when everyone is at work and it's broad day light.

This was planned, for sure.

What I'm trying to say here - and this is my last post I swear - is that because it was done at night for cover and to be sure the targets were at home, several of the dead could have just happened to be there and became collateral killings to eliminate witnesses.

I think these were cold methodical killers with a mission, so they took them out as well to completely cover their tracks. jmo jmo jmo

Kenneth's killing seems especially important because of the distance. He had to be a target. Not sure about the women or teens at all.

I am really hoping that investigators have had a long "conversation" with DS. JMO

Thx for the info. I asked about bikers because, like it or not, the Dayton area has long been a hub of illicit crime in the midwest. It is a fact known to most anyone who has worked in LE intelligence and that goes back 30 years. It is believed much of the Dayton distro and wetwork is carried out by motorcycle gangs or aspirants because they are organized, ruthless, readily mobile and have transitory employment. Whether they were here or not is for someone else to call. Worth a look IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadea02