OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has always bothered me from Day-1. If you opened the door and saw someone obviously dead wouldn't you immediately dial 411? Why investigate what other family members had died? Perhaps the murderer was still lurking in the area waiting to kill anyone else around? You wouldn't know what time the crime happened. It could have been just a few minutes ago.

Also wouldn't you be in total shock and barely able to explain anything to the 911 operator? How would you even know how the victim died?

So you aren't sensible and check out the other homes of the same family 7 miles away. You see babies crying and clearly unharmed. Are you then going to just leave them there knowing the police in the country are usually another half an hour away? If you spend more than a second to determine the adults have been shot and therefore don't need an ambulance wouldn't you also tell 911 there are babies that are not hurt but need diapers and formula?

The only reason to enter all of the trailers and homes is to have an excuse of why your DNA is all over the place. Anyone that discovers someone has been killed wouldn't keep looking for more bodies unless they had a very good reason to do so.

This has always bothered me from Day-1. If you opened the door and saw someone obviously dead wouldn't you immediately dial 411? Why investigate what other family members had died? Perhaps the murderer was still lurking in the area waiting to kill anyone else around? You wouldn't know what time the crime happened. It could have been just a few minutes ago.

Also wouldn't you be in total shock and barely able to explain anything to the 911 operator? How would you even know how the victim died?

So you aren't sensible and check out the other homes of the same family 7 miles away. You see babies crying and clearly unharmed. Are you then going to just leave them there knowing the police in the country are usually another half an hour away? If you spend more than a second to determine the adults have been shot and therefore don't need an ambulance wouldn't you also tell 911 there are babies that are not hurt but need diapers and formula?

The only reason to enter all of the trailers and homes is to have an excuse of why your DNA is all over the place. Anyone that discovers someone has been killed wouldn't keep looking for more bodies unless they had a very good reason to do so.
Good point! How would anyone "know" the babies weren't hurt? Internal injuries aren't obvious. What if they had been hit or kicked? They needed medical evaluation- which I am sure they got.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

This has bothered me from day 1 - why were the police so seemingly in the dark about the operations of this family? Clearly they didn't appear to be on the LE radar.

"Thick as thieves" means they're very closely involved with each other's lives. The kids of most of the police and assistants went to school with those of the victims. They saw each other at church, Derby races, and local sports events. In a small town everyone knows everything about everyone. Gossip is the major source of excitement. So that's why the real reason the Sheriff is resigning after 7 years at the end of May.

There's an understanding in very poor towns that families must feed their children and there aren't many alternatives available. After all the uranium mine should have opened a year ago. With the loss of many potential jobs, and only one of the family group working consistently as a nurse's aid, how are babies going to be fed? Who's going to pay for the medical bills?

Originally the men would hunt and fish for food, grow a few crops, and lie about their age to get into the military. It was easier when most were born at home with the assistance of midwives and there weren't birth certificates. If you were tall and strong from trying to grow greens and pick wild berries, and you could easily handle a gun, you'd enter the army when you were a young teen to send half your pay home to your hungry family. The youngest American to be killed in WW II was later proven to be 13-years-old, and not 18 as he had claimed.

Just as the military overlooked underage recruits, so did the police realize the necessity of making and selling moonshine as one of the few means of survival available. When prohibition was lifted many turned to the manufacture and sale of illegal drugs. With all of your family members helping out you could then be generous to those in the town in worse circumstances. As long as town folks didn't steal, crash their old cars while under the influence, or allow the cartels to take over their operations the police all knew to look the other way. Usually their salaries were supplemented too so that they could send their kids to college to get a good job.

Look at the number of teens in the community dropping out of school having acquired few real skills, and having multiple kids with different baby daddies and momas. What's the real alternative for many? Poverty and desperation goes hand in hand with child and spousal abuse.

"Thick as thieves" means they're very closely involved with each other's lives. The kids of most of the police and assistants went to school with those of the victims. They saw each other at church, Derby races, and local sports events. In a small town everyone knows everything about everyone. Gossip is the major source of excitement. So that's why the real reason the Sheriff is resigning after 7 years at the end of May.

There's an understanding in very poor towns that families must feed their children and there aren't many alternatives available. After all the uranium mine should have opened a year ago. With the loss of many potential jobs, and only one of the family group working consistently as a nurse's aid, how are babies going to be fed? Who's going to pay for the medical bills?

Originally the men would hunt and fish for food, grow a few crops, and lie about their age to get into the military. It was easier when most were born at home with the assistance of midwives and there weren't birth certificates. If you were tall and strong from trying to grow greens and pick wild berries, and you could easily handle a gun, you'd enter the army when you were a young teen to send half your pay home to your hungry family. The youngest American to be killed in WW II was later proven to be 13-years-old, and not 18 as he had claimed.

Just as the military overlooked underage recruits, so did the police realize the necessity of making and selling moonshine as one of the few means of survival available. When prohibition was lifted many turned to the manufacture and sale of illegal drugs. With all of your family members helping out you could then be generous to those in the town in worse circumstances. As long as town folks didn't steal, crash their old cars while under the influence, or allow the cartels to take over their operations the police all knew to look the other way. Usually their salaries were supplemented too so that they could send their kids to college to get a good job.

Look at the number of teens in the community dropping out of school having acquired few real skills, and having multiple kids with different baby daddies and momas. What's the real alternative for many? Poverty and desperation goes hand in hand with child and spousal abuse.
Around here in North Georgia girls are having babies just so that they can get insurance! Girls working minimum wage jobs and not having babies can't afford it, so they have a choice, get knocked up or pay the penalty at tax time. So sad! 😞 MOO

Around here in North Georgia girls are having babies just so that they can get insurance! Girls working minimum wage jobs and not having babies can't afford it, so they have a choice, get knocked up or pay the penalty at tax time. So sad! �� MOO

When I lived in WV a few years ago, my dentist also worked at the local regional jail. He told me that people would do something to get arrested just so they could get dental work done because they didn't have insurance.

When I lived in WV a few years ago, my dentist also worked at the local regional jail. He told me that people would do something to get arrested just so they could get dental work done because they didn't have insurance.
I believe that 100%.
My 💜 is with the families through this unimaginable time. May they find a moment of peace in the next few days!

uploadfromtaptalk1462187175417.jpg
This is stuck in my head.
Family loyalty means a lot, I get it, but sometimes, people need just a little nudge. MOO

Would it be unusual to hear four to five shots if someone was shooting at a wild animal in the middle of the night? I ask this because I wonder if FR's house was hit first is it possible that the shots were heard at CRsr's home but they thought nothing of it and so they didn't react and arm themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr