OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reportedly, DS said that Kenneth was acting paranoid, citing the cams, dog and locks. But nothing indicates that Chris sr and Gary were expecting trouble or Frankie, either. Did Kenneth know something that he didn't share with Chris or Gary or Frankie? And all of Kenneth's paranoia didn't do him any good......someone got into his camper and murdered him. Seems like it would have been someone that he knew, did not suspect, and let in. ??????? JMO

Why would IJ want revenge over paternity? Was he involved with one of the victims?

I don't think so. I think there was confusion because the OP says he is blaming it on the baby mama's.. Which I believe had something to do with him being reported. I think it's clear who the parents are of the children that are survived, as well as the one that was with a relative, and he is not in any of those.

With that said, we can't discuss the parents of the minors except for the names that have been released in MSM.

I have questions for those who have alluded to me being out there with my gang theory. And to the ones who keep saying IJ has been cleared. Why is it so crazy to think that a person who flashes gang signs and wears gang symbols would keep with his gang code of not letting an insult go unpunished? Where is the link or info that says he's been cleared? By his own admission he is a suspect. LE searched his house, took his clothes and took his cellphones. When asked why, he blames it on baby mamas. Really! So the number one reason your a suspect doesn't come to mind? you have to blame it on baby mamas. I also do not like how he repeats what everybody says about Dana Rhoden, I'll give you the shirt off my back. His responses are not sincere to me. I just don't understand how it's crazy to discuss this guy but not crazy to discuss DS?? http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

Isaiah Jones and the fact that he was questioned can be discussed. His statements in the press can be discussed. LE has made no statements about Jones (who in some articles is identified as Larry Jones) being a suspect or cleared, only that they are aware of the Facebook threats and are looking into that as one of several possible leads. Mr. Jones opted to self identify as a suspect in an article on April 26th. Then on the 28th he is quoted as saying “I talked with the police. And I'm not even a suspect. They know that it was not me.”

Rusty Mangold, like Jones, has been named in the press and that can be discussed. The press has printed some of his Facebook posts about the dispute and the murders. That is all up for discussion.

Keep in mind the following as you do

Police have made no comment on Mongold and Jones’ claims, due to the ongoing investigation. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-threats-clear-ohio-murders-article-1.2617899

While police have revealed no suspects or motive in the killings, the presence of marijuana grow sites near the bodies have led many to believe the murders were drug-related. - See more at: http://www.detroitnewstime.com/regi...e-at-the-wrong-time.html#sthash.qBuPJUat.dpuf

Donald Stone, family member of the Rhodens, who discovered Kenneth's body, is not a suspect (the gossip boards notwithstanding) under Websleuths definition. You may discuss his interviews, statements, reported actions and behaviors, 911 call, etc. you may not sleuth him or accuse him of being the killer. you may identify things about his statements or actions that you feel are odd, unusual or do not make sense.

Same goes with Bobbie Jo, who discovered another crime scene. Discuss her 911 call, any public statements, etc. Do not sleuth her or suggest she is involved in the killings.

I'm only lurking here off and on now and not posting much. A lot of this mornings thread is stuff that everyone went over in earlier threads so folks may want to go back and read those threads.

In reading this stuff- girls have babies so they can get insurance, one long post about Appalachia life from someone that obviously does not live here and has NO clue what they are talking about- some of this is so off the mark its not funny. No wonder those poor people in Piketon are mad at the way the media is portraying them. We don't have "gangs" period. We don't get arrested so we can have dental insurance. <modsnip>

I don't think so. I think there was confusion because the OP says he is blaming it on the baby mama's.. Which I believe had something to do with him being reported. I think it's clear who the parents are of the children that are survived, as well as the one that was with a relative, and he is not in any of those.

With that said, we can't discuss the parents of the minors except for the names that have been released in MSM.

What's odd is he says they (baby mamas) called (on the 22nd) because of the reward money but Jeff Ruby didn't announce the reward money until the day after (on the 23rd) he was questioned.

I just don't get nothing heartfelt out of IJs interview. He acted like he was saying what he had to because mama was standing there. I'm more inclined to believe that he told his mama that them girls both said he was on the phone with them. And he was just repeating what he heard other people say about shirt off his back. I'm going to go back and look but I think he was also absent from his uncles heartfelt apology. If I had 2 family members involved I would be apologizing for the behavior of both.

IJ is not a parent of the kids and I think he's already been cleared. Not thinking a teenager here. And for someone like that I don't think they would go to Kenneth's house or even multiple houses unless they were next to each other.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mamamumbles, if you have a link to LE saying that IJ has been cleared please provide it, that would be important info and affect whether he was open for discussion or not. Thanks.

I'm only lurking here off and on now and not posting much. A lot of this mornings thread is stuff that everyone went over in earlier threads so folks may want to go back and read those threads.

In reading this stuff- girls have babies so they can get insurance, one long post about Appalachia life from someone that obviously does not live here and has NO clue what they are talking about- some of this is so off the mark its not funny. No wonder those poor people in Piketon are mad at the way the media is portraying them. We don't have "gangs" period. We don't get arrested so we can have dental insurance. <modsnip>
You might not have gangs, but apparently in the last few years you had cartels there, which is just a huge gang! Everywhere has problems.

mamamumbles, if you have a link to LE saying that IJ has been cleared please provide it, that would be important info and affect whether he was open for discussion or not. Thanks.
I meant questioned and released but used poor wording so I don't have anything about him being cleared. I thought on one of the earlier threads we couldn't talk about him, but cool if we can!

Isaiah Jones and the fact that he was questioned can be discussed. His statements in the press can be discussed. LE has made no statements about Jones (who in some articles is identified as Larry Jones) being a suspect or cleared, only that they are aware of the Facebook threats and are looking into that as one of several possible leads. Mr. Jones opted to self identify as a suspect in an article on April 26th. Then on the 28th he is quoted as saying &#8220;I talked with the police. And I'm not even a suspect. They know that it was not me.&#8221;

Rusty Mangold, like Jones, has been named in the press and that can be discussed. The press has printed some of his Facebook posts about the dispute and the murders. That is all up for discussion.

Keep in mind the following as you do

Donald Stone, family member of the Rhodens, who discovered Kenneth's body, is not a suspect (the gossip boards notwithstanding) under Websleuths definition. You may discuss his interviews, statements, reported actions and behaviors, 911 call, etc. you may not sleuth him or accuse him of being the killer. you may identify things about his statements or actions that you feel are odd, unusual or do not make sense. Do not sleuth him or suggest he is involved in the killings.

Same goes with Bobbie Jo, who discovered another crime scene. Discuss her 911 call, any public statements, etc. Do not sleuth her or suggest she is involved in the killings.
Isaiah and Larry are two seperate people. Both were involved in the ride out to Union Hill rd to fight. They are cousins. I don't think the press has mixed them up. It looks more like to me that people have them mixed up. The Larry guy was taken in by his dad to be cleared. Isaiah was taken in after a traffic stop.

I meant questioned and released but used poor wording so I don't have anything about him being cleared. I thought on one of the earlier threads we couldn't talk about him, but cool if we can!

I had to do a lot of reading and re-reading of articles on him. Not everyday someone self identifies as a suspect when LE have not. Unusual circumstance that I haven't seen come up often ;)

I have questions for those who have alluded to me being out there with my gang theory. And to the ones who keep saying IJ has been cleared. Why is it so crazy to think that a person who flashes gang signs and wears gang symbols would keep with his gang code of not letting an insult go unpunished? Where is the link or info that says he's been cleared? By his own admission he is a suspect. LE searched his house, took his clothes and took his cellphones. When asked why, he blames it on baby mamas. Really! So the number one reason your a suspect doesn't come to mind? you have to blame it on baby mamas. I also do not like how he repeats what everybody says about Dana Rhoden, I'll give you the shirt off my back. His responses are not sincere to me. I just don't understand how it's crazy to discuss this guy but not crazy to discuss DS?? http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

I think it is misleading to see "gangs" as being primarily motivated towards violence by retribution for insults--following some "code."

I think that the reality is that when "gangs" are examined more deeply they are in fact found to serve as end-user distribution chains for precisely the kind of product that the Rhodens were involved in. Gang killings have far more to do with economics than ego. They are about protecting turf, sales turf, and reining in lower-level members who may be tempted to "go it alone," or skim profits or fail to deliver with cash in a timely fashion when product is fronted. I don't say this to in any way minimize the deadliness of gang behaviors--only to point out that it is less random than many suppose.

And every teenager who pumps their ego by flashing gang signs is not capable of pulling in back-up or fire-power.

I cannot rule out a gang involvement in this killing--because I have no clue as to how the Rhodens were distributing their product. Whether they were dealing with gangs in cities, or if they had a Mexican connection providing transport, etc. But I don't see that kid with the Facebook beef as being central.

What I do wonder about, however, is the specific event that led up to the FB rant. It sounded as if some of the Rhodens were "protecting" some turf--driving out folks (like that kid) who by chance or intention were driving by.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-in-ohio-massacre.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

According to this article there was a Gorman-Rhoden family fued in the derby world, according to the Gorman involved, this story is completely false. He states via a Rhoden family members fb that CR was at his house daily helping him work on derby cars & that he also talked to Frankie on a daily basis. So we can rule out a derby connection as a motive.

You might not have gangs, but apparently in the last few years you had cartels there, which is just a huge gang! Everywhere has problems.

"If" there are any cartels here- they would not infiltrate a family as large as this one. There would be absolutely no benefit to inviting a cartel in when there are family members capable of doing everything that needs to be done. If you are going to have a family grow operation you would invite as few outsiders as possible and it would be on the hush hush. Family members involved would not talk- and there would be many in the family that wouldn't know.

Cartels have been discussed ad nauseam in earlier threads.

Ohio adopted the Medicaid Expansion in the Affordable Care Act in 2014, so anyone earning at or below 138% of the federal poverty level is now eligible for Medicaid. Prior to 2014, adults were not eligible unless they had minor children or were aged, blind or disabled. In spite of the Medicaid Expansion, Ohio provides very scant public financial support of any kind. IMO, there isn't much financial incentive for a low income single woman to have children, and no incentive to do so for health care coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski