OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That literally had me in tears. I can't even explain how nice it was to see someone humanizing complete strangers (to me) instead of ripping apart every inconsequential aspect of their lives.

I am in tears too. Really upset. I feel sick. How can these people go on?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-in-ohio-massacre.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

According to this article there was a Gorman-Rhoden family fued in the derby world, according to the Gorman involved, this story is completely false. He states via a Rhoden family members fb that CR was at his house daily helping him work on derby cars & that he also talked to Frankie on a daily basis. So we can rule out a derby connection as a motive.

Many other people are involved in the derby scene. While I agree it's unlikely it's related, I wouldn't say we can rule it out completely as a motive because one family said something on FB. JMO.

I think it is misleading to see "gangs" as being primarily motivated towards violence by retribution for insults--following some "code."

I think that the reality is that when "gangs" are examined more deeply they are in fact found to serve as end-user distribution chains for precisely the kind of product that the Rhodens were involved in. Gang killings have far more to do with economics than ego. They are about protecting turf, sales turf, and reining in lower-level members who may be tempted to "go it alone," or skim profits or fail to deliver with cash in a timely fashion when product is fronted. I don't say this to in any way minimize the deadliness of gang behaviors--only to point out that it is less random than many suppose.

And every teenager who pumps their ego by flashing gang signs is not capable of pulling in back-up or fire-power.

I cannot rule out a gang involvement in this killing--because I have no clue as to how the Rhodens were distributing their product. Whether they were dealing with gangs in cities, or if they had a Mexican connection providing transport, etc. But I don't see that kid with the Facebook beef as being central.

What I do wonder about, however, is the specific event that led up to the FB rant. It sounded as if some of the Rhodens were "protecting" some turf--driving out folks (like that kid) who by chance or intention were driving by.
. It's actually becoming more and more common for these younger gang members to do as they please. The last couple of years an evolution has been taking place. There is a lot of murders happening that were not ordered or approved. A quick look at the past year of your daily newspaper and you can probably spot quite a few right off the bat.

Here is the racial make up of Pike County:
The racial makeup of the county was 96.72% White, 0.89% Black or African American, 0.74% Native American, 0.18% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.07% from other races, and 1.36% from two or more races. 0.56% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

That's a fact. It's probably not "right" but its fact. People run with tight family groups, and families bind together. If someone showed up that was perhaps from Cincinnati to live with a relative and they were raised in a different society they might flash "gang signs" but they would stick out like a sore thumb. Inner city gangs have not infiltrated Appalachia yet.

Here is the racial make up of Pike County:
The racial makeup of the county was 96.72% White, 0.89% Black or African American, 0.74% Native American, 0.18% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.07% from other races, and 1.36% from two or more races. 0.56% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

That's a fact. It's probably not "right" but its fact. People run with tight family groups, and families bind together. If someone showed up that was perhaps from Cincinnati to live with a relative and they were raised in a different society they might flash "gang signs" but they would stick out like a sore thumb. Inner city gangs have not infiltrated Appalachia yet.

Further- I think when all is said and done, the "pipeline" is going to be going south through Kentucky with other FAMILY members. I'd bet anything that "gangs and cartels" have nothing to do with this operation.

And here's another fact- Greenup Kentucky is 97.1% white.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-in-ohio-massacre.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

According to this article there was a Gorman-Rhoden family fued in the derby world, according to the Gorman involved, this story is completely false. He states via a Rhoden family members fb that CR was at his house daily helping him work on derby cars & that he also talked to Frankie on a daily basis. So we can rule out a derby connection as a motive.
At this point I don't think anything can be ruled out by us. Being friendly with someone for a long time doesn't mean something didn't happen later.

Investigators and prosecutors previously said marijuana grow operations of a commercial scale were found at three of the four murder scenes. At least one of them was indoors.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...-victims-in-pike-county-shooting-could/nrCgY/

In August 2012, Ohio law enforcement officers found "a major marijuana grow site in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel," according to a press release DeWine's office issued at that time. Investigators discovered about 1,200 marijuana plants -- which were destroyed -- and evidence of two abandoned campsites they believe belonged to Mexican nationals.

bbm

On Monday, DeWine told WHIO that the possibility of a Mexican drug cartel connection has not been ruled out, and that investigators are looking at everything but added that there's currently no evidence to indicate the cartel was involved in the killings. DeWine would not say if there was forced entry at any of the four homes where the eight victims were killed, if they were tortured or if there was more than one killer.

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/crime-law/autopsies-of-victims-in-pike-county-shooting-could/nrCgY/

I would assume that LE knows if all the bullets came from the same weapon by now and what that weapon was. jmo

You also cannot discount the possibility of a suppressed smaller caliber handgun, something like a .40 or 9mm, which likely would not have audibly carried to another dwelling. But that suggests a higher order of battle beyond a home grown spree killer. If you have a few months and a few hundred dollars, most people eligible to possess a firearm can legally purchase a suppressor. Not saying one was used here, just that it is a possibility, like anything else. I suppose one could also use a pillow or cushion as a poor man's sound muffler.

How do we know the infants were 'spared' as opposed to just being overlooked in the dark? I see nothing in the way of any mercy displayed by this monster. To say the killer shot the mother of a new baby but spared the child is a perverse mutation of any compassion that I know of. Until someone says otherwise, overlooked is my operative word.

This case is just over the top in so many ways...

I'm leaning toward, if they heard it they'd not think anything about it. The two homes are about a tenth of a mile apart. We hear gunshots often around here and don't think anything about it. It's just common. Sometimes it's us, sometimes it's folks down the road, but when you live out in the country around here you just figure it was someone scaring off a wild animal or target practicing or hunting.

. It's actually becoming more and more common for these younger gang members to do as they please. The last couple of years an evolution has been taking place. There is a lot of murders happening that were not ordered or approved. A quick look at the past year of your daily newspaper and you can probably spot quite a few right off the bat.

We have gangs here and not even the gang activity of really big cities.

They would stick out like a sore thumb in a place like Piketon. There isn't even gang activity in the country here 20 miles from the city.

We have gangs here and not even the gang activity of really big cities.

They would stick out like a sore thumb in a place like Piketon. There isn't even gang activity in the country here 20 miles from the city.

Our inner city kids that came to the country and were throwing up gang signs and talking tough were exactly that.. All talk. I'm not very suspicious of IJ. He's a hormonal teenager. JMO.

Further- I think when all is said and done, the "pipeline" is going to be going south through Kentucky with other FAMILY members. I'd bet anything that "gangs and cartels" have nothing to do with this operation.

And here's another fact- Greenup Kentucky is 97.1% white.

I'm leaning towards locals. Family, friend, or foe. But local.

You know what your comment about not having gangs made me remember? In high school, there were a few groups of tight knit friends who were "wannabe" tough kids for lack of a better phrase. Do you think it's possible there are any groups like that in the area? Not necessarily bona fide. But wannabes? Just wanting to fit in with a group?

Stippling said:
How do we know the infants were 'spared' as opposed to just being overlooked in the dark? I see nothing in the way of any mercy displayed by this monster. To say the killer shot the mother of a new baby but spared the child is a perverse mutation of any compassion that I know of. Until someone says otherwise, overlooked is my operative word.

This case is just over the top in so many ways...

I could see the 3 year old maybe sleeping unobserved in another room, but I really can't imagine the two babies sleeping through the shootings without waking and crying.

Our inner city kids that came to the country and were throwing up gang signs and talking tough were exactly that.. All talk. I'm not very suspicious of IJ. He's a hormonal teenager. JMO.
Well if you go downtown here you will encounter gang activity likely, even in my area you will see wannabes. I live in a very diverse area, but in the country they would be spotted in a hot second and the entire community would know they were there in no time.

[video=twitter;727158899510534145]https://twitter.com/karinjohnson/status/727158899510534145[/video]
49ab2929fe8c951155dd64b2b2c56134.jpg

Interesting. They are working hard for nothing to leak out.

Familiarity breeds contempt is what I think of with the dogs at locations, (2) that I am aware of Kenneth's & Dana's at this time seemed to not alert to the killers. With Kenneth's dog it seems that brownie, iirc was in the camper with Kenneth, we know from weather reports that it was a pleasant evening/nite temperature wise, could Kenneth have had a window open/and shot threw the screen? was the money down around his legs, (if true) been his money that he tucked up above him and when the shooting or shot was fired the money fell on him? I know that's a stretch. :) it could happen. maybe... With Dana's house iirc we have not heard how they were found, what if they were shot threw the windows as well. Don't recall hearing about Frankie & Hannah having a dog. Seems the home with all the blood and moving the one body, (or so it was said) Chris & Gary, I wonder if one fell asleep on the couch like lots of people and that caught the murderer off guard and the fight began. jmo idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214