OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to thank K.L.P. for the map with info. Excellent work!

Re: search warrants, very hopeful they'll crack this case.

Kenneth would factor in because if he was one the ones there the night the carload of people went out there to fight then he would be on the retaliation list. Gang violence and what these younger ones are willing to risk is getting crazier and crazier everyday. I've seen some brutal stuff the last two years.

Agreed that there is brutal stuff.

But, I do think that what makes headlines is frequently lacking in context. Columbus Ohio recently saw major arrests in one brutal gang that had operated here for a good long while. While a lot of killings look, superficially, to be nonsensical, or ego-related, the role of turf is an economic one. Competitors who threaten to take over a customer base (as opposed to joining in with existing "organizations") do so at a high level of peril. And there have been some gruesome battles over sales turf. But what the public tends to see are simply isolated drive-bys, killings that make no sense (including a stunning carelessness when it comes to children becoming collateral damage). I would suggest that these things are far less random than they would appear to be. And the folks on the ground, LE-wise, have a much greater knowledge than the general public of the motives and patterns.

I don't personally have a theory about Mexican cartel vs urban gangs as distributors in this particular event. I do believe, however, that Pike County is merely the tip of an iceberg. Folks there are primarily growers of a cash crop, which being illegal, has to be distributed through some nasty channels. And it follows a long history of providing illegal product that dates back to moonshining (still carried out). I remain curious about what else may have been sought or found on the property (thinking meth and smash) and whether there are any deeper connections (such as Rx stealing or connection to "pill mills." These things would certainly not surprise me.

But I will reiterate, IMO this was business, not personal. And in business it pays to follow the money. And to take a risk this size (killing an entire family), there must have been considerable pay-off, beyond theft of cash on hand. I believe that this was about turf protection--long-term. Anyone else growing in Pike County, and surrounding areas, probably has a pretty good idea who is calling the tune and who to stay in good with.

Re: search warrants, very hopeful they'll crack this case.
Would be nice to know if they were for the Rhoden place or somewhere else. They would also tell us what they are looking for. One would think these have some kind of identitying info, whether suspect or what they are looking for, in it.

There is a possibility they just decided to seal any search warrants like this so they don't set off that they are on to something.

Ohio adopted the Medicaid Expansion in the Affordable Care Act in 2014, so anyone earning at or below 138% of the federal poverty level is now eligible for Medicaid. Prior to 2014, adults were not eligible unless they had minor children or were aged, blind or disabled. In spite of the Medicaid Expansion, Ohio provides very scant public financial support of any kind. IMO, there isn't much financial incentive for a low income single woman to have children, and no incentive to do so for health care coverage.
Thank you!

If they are PIKE County warrants, does that mean for places ONLY in Pike county? JMO

I'm not sure what some of you all were looking for on the down website. But it's back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen lots of comments regarding multiple facebook pages, I believe the answer lies in Facebook games. I don't think it is anything other than that. There was a time, when Facebook games were all the rage, my "country" family got into them to the point they would set alarms for 3-4 am to get what was cooking off the stove (in the game). I don't understand, but it seems it was a thing, and my guess is this was the reason that multiple people in the family have multiple facebook pages. I don't think its nefarious.

Karin Johnson WLWT ‏@karinjohnson 1m1 minute ago West Portsmouth, OH
Update from AG:more than 100 items of evidence have been sent to BCI crime laboratory for DNA, ballistics, latent print, & trace analysis.

Karin Johnson WLWT ‏@karinjohnson 2m2 minutes ago West Portsmouth, OH
Pike Co update from AG: more than 450 tips received by both BCI and the Pike Co Sheriff's Office, all of which are being investigated.

Karin Johnson WLWT ‏@karinjohnson 2m2 minutes ago West Portsmouth, OH
AG: BCI & Pike County Sheriff investigators have conducted 128 witness interviews and witness contacts as part of the ongoing investigation.

https://twitter.com/karinjohnson

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the mods on this thread. You guys are doing an amazing job!

I'm leaning towards locals. Family, friend, or foe. But local.

You know what your comment about not having gangs made me remember? In high school, there were a few groups of tight knit friends who were "wannabe" tough kids for lack of a better phrase. Do you think it's possible there are any groups like that in the area? Not necessarily bona fide. But wannabes? Just wanting to fit in with a group?
This is my opinion and based on my town- which is the exact same size and make up of Piketon. We have tight knit groups of kids- they grew up together. They are related through marriages, boyfriend/ girlfriend relationships, parents, school functions (football and band) and will stick together like glue. But they are not gangs and would find being called a gang offensive....as I do.

But, I do think that what makes headlines is frequently lacking in context. Columbus Ohio recently saw major arrests in one brutal gang that had operated here for a good long while. While a lot of killings look, superficially, to be nonsensical, or ego-related, the role of turf is an economic one. Competitors who threaten to take over a customer base (as opposed to joining in with existing "organizations") do so at a high level of peril. And there have been some gruesome battles over sales turf. But what the public tends to see are simply isolated drive-bys, killings that make no sense (including a stunning carelessness when it comes to children becoming collateral damage). I would suggest that these things are far less random than they would appear to be. And the folks on the ground, LE-wise, have a much greater knowledge than the general public of the motives and patterns.

I don't personally have a theory about Mexican cartel vs urban gangs as distributors in this particular event. I do believe, however, that Pike County is merely the tip of an iceberg. Folks there are primarily growers of a cash crop, which being illegal, has to be distributed through some nasty channels. And it follows a long history of providing illegal product that dates back to moonshining (still carried out). I remain curious about what else may have been sought or found on the property (thinking meth and smash) and whether there are any deeper connections (such as Rx stealing or connection to "pill mills." These things would certainly not surprise me.

But I will reiterate, IMO this was business, not personal. And in business it pays to follow the money. And to take a risk this size (killing an entire family), there must have been considerable pay-off, beyond theft of cash on hand. I believe that this was about turf protection--long-term. Anyone else growing in Pike County, and surrounding areas, probably has a pretty good idea who is calling the tune and who to stay in good with.

All of this.

I could see the 3 year old maybe sleeping unobserved in another room, but I really can't imagine the two babies sleeping through the shootings without waking and crying.

I believe both kids and both parents were in the same bed at Frankies. I believe the newborn was in bed with Hanna at the other house.

Dear LE,
We need you to have this wrapped up by 5 pm (central) today. K?

Thanks,
teh et al.

This is precisely how it looks to me and very well put also.

Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong fb page, but I don't see gang signs. I see a middle finger.

I am just now getting on for the first time since last night and I am not really caught up with #7 yet, but there was someone that posted a question to me on #7 and I didn't want to be rude and not answer. :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dayna769
You can get some info from the auditors site. However to see actual deeds and track history you have to go to the recorders site and I am on my phone currently and don't have access to it right now. I will find it later. You can google it though and have to go through a few clicks to get there. The recorders site is where you can see the actual deeds and names of all the people and who actually owns the et al properties.

These?

https://www.pikepa.org/recdeed.html

https://www.uslandrecords.com/uslr/UslrApp/index.jsp

Docs I've looked at there so far have certainly answered some questions I've had.

I've been somewhat mentally lazy by just relying on you to dig stuff up from there. Much appreciated, by the way. :loser:

The answer to your question is yes. That is the website I was talking about and more specifically this page is for Pike County: https://www.uslandrecords.com/ohlr3/controller

Also, KKearns mentioned that she only saw tax records or something on the site. I can't really remember exactly what you said KKearns, but you responded to me as well. You can see actual deeds, documents, power of attorney... once you do your search, names will pop up on the right side of the screen. Pick the name you want and then it pops up with that persons records. Click on whichever one you want and then a "Details" screen shows up, but what most people don't know is that below the "Details" section there are 3 more lines in blue that say PDF Viewer, Quick Viewer and Tiff viewer. When you click on one of those it pulls up the actual document. I use quick viewer because then it just opens up in the same window. Hope that answers your questions. I put a little pic below with a red arrow to show where you click to see the documents.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Document2.jpg
    Document2.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 409
Would be nice to know if they were for the Rhoden place or somewhere else. They would also tell us what they are looking for. One would think these have some kind of identitying info, whether suspect or what they are looking for, in it.

There is a possibility they just decided to seal any search warrants like this so they don't set off that they are on to something.

They've gotta be onto something... Right? Ugh, I'm so nosy, I don't like the secrets lol. I understand why, but us WS'ers gotta know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back