OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned the statics to show that IJ was probably not accepted into a family hierarchy. Any family hierarchy in pike county but his own. He would an an outsider as I seriously doubt he was born there. To clarify, there are family clans in pike county but there are NO gangs. White, black, yellow or purple. No gangs.
I'm addressing the fact that a few posters have assumed IJ is in a gang.

I wondered about that when I read the article, but it made it sound like they would all be open. Hard to imagine...

It did sound like that. I have been to a funeral before where it was a suicide. The person had a gunshot wound to the head and they had an open casket. It was clearly visible that part of his scull was gone. It was shocking to me that they chose to have it open. I can't imagine how it would be with the Rhoden's, but I guess that is the family's decision. Not mine.

I'm addressing the fact that a few posters have assumed IJ is in a gang.

Okay sorry. All I've heard all morning is about gangs and cartels in pike county. Maybe a few years ago they found a Mexican camp but no one heard about it til now and I'm not even convinced that's true. It seems like a lot of people on the thread have no clue what a rural county is. There is NO inner city anything in Pike County. I'm just getting tired of hearing about gang acruvity in pike county when I know for a FACT that there is none

When a case goes quiet like this one, it happens a lot that people tend to get rather adamant about their theory being correct - it just gets difficult in the insane amount of speculation to remember that's all it is, speculation.
That includes things like 'they must have heard the gun shots' or 'the babies were spared'. Spared implying (IMO) that it was on purpose. But we do not know that. Yes, the little ones lived.... thankfully! But take just Hanna's case - she was shot multiple times. The baby was right next to her. It had to have blood on it (I hate saying 'it' and I know the gender is known, but I don't want to use it for privacy reasons). There's no way to know (for us, I'm sure LE knows) if maybe the baby was grazed by a bullet, or even if one of the shots was meant for the baby. Or overlooked, like you said. We can guess on probability, but we don't know.

Same as with 'they had to have heard the shots'. My ex-husband was an avid hunter but you could fire a gun next to him if he was sleeping and he'd sleep right through it. There were many men in his family that would sleep through anything. I'm not convinced anyone would have heard anything. If anyone, IMO Hannah would have. She was likely the most 'programmed' to wake up with the kids and hear their noises.

Speculation is all we can do here but sometimes it tends to get odd when cases go so quiet and we're desperate for news.

I can understand being convinced others didn't hear anything. But would the murderer(s) have taken that chance? I say no.

Okay sorry. All I've heard all morning is about gangs and cartels in pike county. Maybe a few years ago they found a Mexican camp but no one heard about it til now and I'm not even convinced that's true. It seems like a lot of people on the thread have no clue what a rural county is. There is NO inner city anything in Pike County. I'm just getting tired of hearing about gang acruvity in pike county when I know for a FACT that there is none
Yeah, I don't know much about country/rural life. But I know for sure that stereotypes and racial bias are alive and well. There's evidence of it in this thread. No one assumed Chris Jr was in a gang, and he was online in fights, but as soon as a Black kid does it, they're in a gang! Not cool.

I am just now getting on for the first time since last night and I am not really caught up with #7 yet, but there was someone that posted a question to me on #7 and I didn't want to be rude and not answer. :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dayna769
You can get some info from the auditors site. However to see actual deeds and track history you have to go to the recorders site and I am on my phone currently and don't have access to it right now. I will find it later. You can google it though and have to go through a few clicks to get there. The recorders site is where you can see the actual deeds and names of all the people and who actually owns the et al properties.

These?

https://www.pikepa.org/recdeed.html

https://www.uslandrecords.com/uslr/UslrApp/index.jsp

Docs I've looked at there so far have certainly answered some questions I've had.

I've been somewhat mentally lazy by just relying on you to dig stuff up from there. Much appreciated, by the way. :loser:

The answer to your question is yes. That is the website I was talking about and more specifically this page is for Pike County: https://www.uslandrecords.com/ohlr3/controller

Also, KKearns mentioned that she only saw tax records or something on the site. I can't really remember exactly what you said KKearns, but you responded to me as well. You can see actual deeds, documents, power of attorney... once you do your search, names will pop up on the right side of the screen. Pick the name you want and then it pops up with that persons records. Click on whichever one you want and then a "Details" screen shows up, but what most people don't know is that below the "Details" section there are 3 more lines in blue that say PDF Viewer, Quick Viewer and Tiff viewer. When you click on one of those it pulls up the actual document. I use quick viewer because then it just opens up in the same window. Hope that answers your questions. I put a little pic below with a red arrow to show where you click to see the documents.
attachment.php

Just want to point out that is Pike County PA, not OH.

I am just now getting on for the first time since last night and I am not really caught up with #7 yet, but there was someone that posted a question to me on #7 and I didn't want to be rude and not answer. :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by dayna769
You can get some info from the auditors site. However to see actual deeds and track history you have to go to the recorders site and I am on my phone currently and don't have access to it right now. I will find it later. You can google it though and have to go through a few clicks to get there. The recorders site is where you can see the actual deeds and names of all the people and who actually owns the et al properties.

These?

https://www.pikepa.org/recdeed.html

https://www.uslandrecords.com/uslr/UslrApp/index.jsp

Docs I've looked at there so far have certainly answered some questions I've had.

I've been somewhat mentally lazy by just relying on you to dig stuff up from there. Much appreciated, by the way. :loser:

The answer to your question is yes. That is the website I was talking about and more specifically this page is for Pike County: https://www.uslandrecords.com/ohlr3/controller

Also, KKearns mentioned that she only saw tax records or something on the site. I can't really remember exactly what you said KKearns, but you responded to me as well. You can see actual deeds, documents, power of attorney... once you do your search, names will pop up on the right side of the screen. Pick the name you want and then it pops up with that persons records. Click on whichever one you want and then a "Details" screen shows up, but what most people don't know is that below the "Details" section there are 3 more lines in blue that say PDF Viewer, Quick Viewer and Tiff viewer. When you click on one of those it pulls up the actual document. I use quick viewer because then it just opens up in the same window. Hope that answers your questions. I put a little pic below with a red arrow to show where you click to see the documents.
attachment.php

You can get lots of info from the auditor's site, but make sure you type in OH when searching. That link is for Pike county Pennsylvania.

Certainly big business here and a threat to existing growers.
"The road, which goes from Michigan into Florida, is a known trafficking corridor because of its proximity to major markets, including Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis and Pittsburgh.
Annual law enforcement flyovers target areas between U.S. 23 and Interstate 70, a hilly, wooded area known to cartels and local growers as an effective hiding spot, said Dan Tierney, spokesman for Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine.

In 2014, the most recent year for which data is available, almost one-fourth of all the marijuana seized by authorities in Ohio came from Pike and five neighboring counties, according to data from the attorney general's office."
[video=cnn;justice/2016/04/30/ohio-pike-county-family-killed-wrap-valencia.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/01/health/ohio-murders-pike-county/index.html[/video]

Is it just me or does this read like media bias? I mean I can change it to "In 2014, a little over 75% of all marijuana seized didn't come from Pike and neighboring counties." So, where else is it coming from? Sorry. I'm just annoyed this morning. :) I'm gonna' go find something productive to do. Nothing against you, Ray of hope, the wording from the report just set me off.

Yeah, I don't know much about country/rural life. But I know for sure that stereotypes and racial bias are alive and well. There's evidence of it in this thread. No one assumed Chris Jr was in a gang, and he was online in fights, but as soon as a Black kid does it, they're in a gang! Not cool.

EXCELLANT point!

Family is the most important to people there and in Ky, families married to other family names. They're not going to kill any of their family. I keep thinking about where Chris, Gary, Frankie and Chris Jr worked at the campgrounds. Remember the article from 2012 the big drug bust of pot plants by a number of different agencies in rural Pike County? The Mexican workers were brought in and lived in camps on property, they were taken in and out, they all left right before the drug bust.

They were connected to the cartel, another big Mexican dealer was arrested and he had connections to Chappo. I can't find the article right now, I posted it at the beginning of these threads. Workers living in different area campgrounds wouldn't be out of the question, looking like regular day laborers as opposed to living on property where it was more obvious it was a drug operation. It would be easy to spot with helicopters overhead. Maybe some of them got to know the Rhoden men that lived in the campground.

I don't see Ruby pulling the reward money because he fears his family is in danger from Pike County locals growing pot for local sale. If that many locals are smoking, It would take hours just to get from Peebles to 23 because everyone would be going 15 mph. That large of an amount had to be going somewhere else.

I agree. I think the real money in growing pot is for oils and edibles. Especially if you know what you are doing regarding medical grade strains, etc.

"That poor girl shouldn't even have been there when the killers showed up"
Hannah Gilley's mother on daily mail.

Regarding the locked door of Chris' mobile home, I wonder if Bobby checked the back door on the other side. I imagine she thought it was all strange because it was so quiet and noone was outside, checked the front door and it was locked.

In August 2012, the Attorney General’s Office issued a press release saying BCE agents along with the Pike County’s Sheriff’s Office raided a grow site with more than 1,200 marijuana plants on a hillside off Hickson Road.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/ne...ike-county-raid-tied-to-mexican-cartel/nrBqn/

Investigators then said they found two abandoned campsites that they believed likely belonged to Mexican nationals. Authorities burned the plants estimated worth $1,000 to $1,500 apiece on the street.

In 2010, the Columbus Dispatch reported that 10 Mexican nationals were arrested at a 2,500-plant site in Muskingum County. A crack in the case came when the workers were followed there from yet another grow site in Logan County. It was suspected some of the would-be profits from those sites were destined for Mexico.

bbm

Regarding the locked door of Chris' mobile home, I wonder if Bobby checked the back door on the other side. I imagine she thought it was all strange because it was so quiet and noone was outside, checked the front door and it was locked.

I was wondering about that too. Which door did the killer(s) use on these homes? Could say a lot about how they worked their way through...

While I do not doubt that there is no "gang activity" in Pike County per se; as someone who lives in an urban area, I just want to point out that the apparent activities of the Rhoden family--which include production of an illegal substance and possible participation in another illegal activity--*advertiser censored*-fighting--certainly make them look to me qualitatively no different from a good many gang members. No gold chains, no "signs." But that's all just culture. Urban gangs tend to be similarly grouped around tight-knit families and centered around carrying out an underground and illegal activity. If we want to go back to mob activities of the 40s and 50s we see exactly the same sort of thing--a family-based cluster of individuals carrying out illegal activities in order to "earn" money. So--while there are likely no Bloods or Crips in Pike County (and may or may not be a Mexican cartel involvement), I do believe it is helpful to look at what we know about how some of these groups operate or have operated.

And I will continue to point out, as my own opinion, that the Rhodens had to be connecting with someone outside of Pike County as their primary customer. Which takes us again to the various known elements who buy in bulk for distribution.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member