OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not know if Kenneth went to Columbus to work every day, but if he did, he would have to leave his camper early in the AM to get there or to a job site......supposedly he planned on an overnight guest and working on cars at 5:30 am.............so it sounds like he did not plan to go to work that day. But if the early am car work is not true, then whoever killed him had to catch him at home before he left for work. JMO

Sounds like he didn't plan on going to work but everyone didn't necessarily know that and could have assumed he was there.

Since no one went over we are relying on DS word who failed to meet up with him Thurs. night. He also neglected to meet to work the next morning according to his account. And finally around 1:30 pm he checked and discovered him dead. It's almost as if MOO anyone who could have checked on Kenneth may as well have counted him out as dead.

And it does seem suspicious, but it doesn't mean it was intentional. Plans change. People flake out. Maybe DS often flaked out on going over there or meeting up when he said. I have friends that are the WORST with that and will never let you know, they just won't show up and you don't hear from them for days because they feel bad for blowing people off. There are a lot of different scenarios, and it's frustrating for all of us.

He was killed either first or last I think. DUNNO which. JMO I sort of think first.

I also think he was killed first Imo. I don't see how people would expect Kenneth to be dead since he lived 8 miles away from the known crime scene and other Rhodens living closer to the crime scene were fine. It's possible that Kenneth was more of a loner. Maybe he kept to himself and wasn't as sociable as the others. We don't know.

I so disagree with this..

Don't forget, there is a mass murderer loose in the town.

If they have so much and are keeping it quiet and letting the town live like that.. That is a problem.
And to add.. Not just a mass murderer in a town, but this community only has a couple thousand people IIRC.

That is very small, that is even smaller when 8 people were killed and no one heard anything and everyone lives in an area that is just as rural and isolated. No one knows if something will happen again or even if it was their own neighbor.

While it seems directed at the Rhodens, if it is someone in that town and they could kill 8 people, they could easily get just as mad at someone else and kill them. I don't know which would be worse, for them to know nothing or them to know a lot more and let the people continue living in that horror when not necessary.

I so disagree with this..

Don't forget, there is a mass murderer loose in the town.

If they have so much and are keeping it quiet and letting the town live like that.. That is a problem.
We don't know that the mass murderer is 'in the town'. He/she/they could be 1000 miles away at the moment. Depends if they were 'for hire' or 'brought in' from elsewhere or not. If in the end it turns out to be either a gang/cartel type thing they well might have never been nor ever plan on going back to the area again. If it's a local rival/family or friend dispute then they could be in town. Nobody here in this thread really knows and we won't until there's an arrest and conviction.

Sounds like he didn't plan on going to work but everyone didn't necessarily know that and could have assumed he was there.

DS must have known that he wasn't going to work or they would (reportedly) have not made plans to work on cars that morning. JMO

And what I'm saying is that maybe they assumed he was at work and that being 8 miles away thought he was not in danger. Maybe they didn't know he was involved with CRsr and business. Perhaps members of the actual Rhoden family were not aware much before he was discovered. We don't know when the first Rhoden found out. Maybe KR had some bad blood in the family considering it was DS who had finally went over there. We know Rhoden's lived nearby, we don't know if they were home when everything unfolded. It was a Friday morning. Very little information has been confirmed.

I just find it odd, though, that DS was supposed to spend the night and work on cars at 5:30 the next morning. I mean, how long could he have worked on cars if he had to leave for Columbus to work? Seems like DS would have thought to check on him, being a Rhoden and all.

DS must have known that he wasn't going to work or they would (reportedly) have not made plans to work on cars that morning. JMO
Where did DS stay that night?

We don't know that the mass murderer is 'in the town'. He/she/they could be 1000 miles away at the moment. Depends if they were 'for hire' or 'brought in' from elsewhere or not. If in the end it turns out to be either a gang/cartel type thing they well might have never been nor ever plan on going back to the area again. If it's a local rival/family or friend dispute then they could be in town. Nobody here in this thread really knows and we won't until there's an arrest and conviction.
This is what they know: there was a mass murder and they are still free.

Cops were running around in bullet proof vests.. Sounds like they aren't 1000's of miles away.

I just find it odd, though, that DS was supposed to spend the night and work on cars at 5:30 the next morning. I mean, how long could he have worked on cars if he had to leave for Columbus to work? Seems like DS would have thought to check on him, being a Rhoden and all.

But if he's flaky and didn't know about the situation until just before he went over there, it might not be that odd. We don't know these peoples habits. Could it be sketchy, yes, could we be looking to into it, yes. Unfortunately with the information we have, we just don't know.

I'm talking about the entire family not knowing, not Stone.

Where did DS stay that night?

Maybe his home wherever he lived? Maybe they were drinking and he was going to stay there so they could get up early but then decided to just go home, then maybe he overslept? We just don't know. Anything is possible.

ETA: I've had friends over drinking that planned on staying the night to work on projects around the house the next day that end up going home because they are more comfortable at home (especially if KR lived in a 5th wheel) and then came WAY later than planned the next day or didn't show up at all. I'm just keeping an open mind and realizing anything is possible.

I'm guessing the causes of death on the death certificates have not been released.

Why do you assume LE knows where they are? We don't know. They could be pursuing several different theories just like us in this forum. Personally, I doubt the killers are in town at the moment. I think they're far more likely to have come in from elsewhere in the night, done their 'job' of getting rid of their targets and ridden off before most of the town was even awake. For all we know there's investigations going on in Baltimore or Chicago or elsewhere...you have no idea....none of us do because LE is playing things very quiet until they make an arrest. What if certain people in town called on their buddies or associates from outside the town to 'take care of business'? Again...you don't know. Having cops running around in bullet proof vests is expected as a precautionary thing during the funerals. Doesn't mean they actually have any clue where the perps are at that very moment. You're assuming things you shouldn't be assuming.

But if he's flaky and didn't know about the situation until just before he went over there, it might not be that odd. We don't know these peoples habits. Could it be sketchy, yes, could we be looking to into it, yes. Unfortunately with the information we have, we just don't know.

So we speculate, LOL. I just find the whole thing with DS and KR suspicious.

IF DS is a druggie, flaking out on original plans would not be odd in the least. I've known a few drug users in my lifetime and believe me flaking out is nothing new. Just speculation about the drug use because of the obvious.

I kinda think it's a lil strange if KRs children didn't try to contact him even to say dad did you hear what happened. They may have tried to call him dunno

But to be reported around 1:30 pm does seem odd to me. 4+ hrs seems like a long time to not try to get in touch with the brother of one of the victims. No matter where anyone thought he was.

Does it mean anything I have no idea
And won't know til LE tells us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we speculate, LOL. I just find the whole thing with DS and KR suspicious.

I agree. I'm just speculating on all angles. I also try to remember that we all have tendencies to be flaky or have bad habits, or know people that do, and that when put under a microscope might look odd in some situations but might not be odd for that person. There's 3.7 million angles we've covered on everything, and I'm sure we are missing more. JMO.

I don't find it odd that DS didn't stay the night with KR as planned. He said that when he didn't hear from him that's when he went and checked. They may have made plans on Tuesday,Wednesday or whenever and the plan was that KR was going to call him and let him know if staying the night and working on cars was a go. If he didn't hear from KR he may have just went about business. It wasn't until the next that he was like oh crap maybe KR didn't call because he had to work but because they got him too. I know in my huge family that there are some of us that are closer than others. Due to lifestyles,ages etc. sometimes when things happen like someone dies or becomes pregnant it's very common to hear "why didn't no one tell me". It's always because someone assumes someone else told the person.

I might add that Kenneth's X wife and dau spoke at the fairground fund raiser

Pretty sure I read that in a news posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics