OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time is Kenneth's burial? Wonder if DS will be there to be interviewed.......JMO

It's a bit harder than that here. You ave to have the receipts for your parts and if you say you "bought" your parts from a private individual then you have to have a notarized statement from that individual, and receipts for work done (which that can be done by the owner). All of that has to be turned in when you take your car for inspection to get a rebuilt title. If anything is "off" you don't get a title. They do that b/c of the stuff that was happening like what's going on in Australia, it was happening here.
Depends on the state. There used to be a non-title state near me, don't know if it still is. All stolen cars here were taken there and sold. They could get a new title there no problem.

So it depends on what states stolen cars are being sold to.

If they were involved with a chop shop they would just be part of a big operation, that is dangerous and usually happens in inner cities.

It is huge business and it is run by very dangerous people, it isn't about selling a radiator to John Doe in town.

Thank you! I have been wanting to jump in and say this exact thing - (my husband worked with LE, DEA, Immigration, etc and this is the magnitude of the situations they would uncover probably 50% of the time.) Criminal Enterprise, cartels, drugs, chop shops, crossing state lines, swapped out VIN #'s, theft, smuggling what ever - they all go hand in hand.

My opinion on the cars ... Ostensibly being removed as 'evidence' but in reality to secure them pending a court order to attach them as proceeds of crime ??
Don't think so. They already said they were turning the property back over to the family. The cars aren't worth much alone. Also the Rhodens are victims and haven't been convicted of a crime.

Thank you! I have been wanting to jump in and say this exact thing - (my husband worked with LE, DEA, Immigration, etc and this is the magnitude of the situations they would uncover probably 50% of the time.)
And if there was a situation to get cars to a chop shop in a rural area like this, it would be better than in town, no prying eyes.

It seems there are possibilities to easily get on major roads and get cars to them easily.

I'm still trying to think why they would pull cars that had been there a year or longer, unless a murder happened near one of those cars. That's why I don't think they are looking for fingerprints, DNA, etc, unless something specifically happened with the cars that night.

Were the cars there for more than just buying salvage cars and using parts or fixing up some and selling for a little bit?

Seems likely to me they were or the police think they could have been.

Here's an overhead of some of the vehicles there...

attachment.php

Looks like 18 of them, not counting those on road, driveway or the tow truck.

Here's an overhead of some of the vehicles there...

View attachment 93768
I think I remember seeing some other pics also where some vehicles were in areas where the grass and weeds were very high.

The salvage company that is towing these, they seem to be doing an actual salvage business like I've seen here. The Rhodens not so much.. How were they getting cars there? Do they have a tow truck? A salvage businesses has to have a flatbed tow or pay for one each time. That is expensive to pay for it and not own one.

Actually running a true salvage business, even a small one? I'm thinking they weren't actually doing that.

ETA: The second picture you added shows more.

Much of those are just junk, some rusted out.

You are right.
it would be good for us to know if any cameras exist in the local area.

Did Chris Sr. or Frankie have cameras? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Maybe the 18 towed yesterday were those that had obviously been in use recently.

I think I remember seeing some other pics also where some vehicles were in areas where the grass and weeds were very high.

The salvage company that is towing these, they seem to be doing an actual salvage business like I've seen here. The Rhodens not so much.. How were they getting cars there? Do they have a tow truck? A salvage businesses has to have a flatbed tow or pay for one each time. That is expensive to pay for it and not own one.

Actually running a true salvage business, even a small one? I'm thinking they weren't actually doing that.

ETA: The second picture you added shows more.

Much of those are just junk, some rusted out.

If they do derby racing - they must have a flatbed or trailer for the car to get it to the races so that could be used for towing cars to their home.

There are relatives on Left Fork. Can't name TOS- but they're there and were there.
Yeah, the "neighbor" but that doesn't mean they were home at the time. People have lives that they go about from day to day. They may have been at work, as possible that some of the other family were. It doesn't mean not thinking of KR was horrible. They may not have known til later in the day. It didn't hit the news til 11:30ish a.m. Also, LM & BM, and the LE may have thought it was just targeted to CR1s family w/GR being there by happenstance at first. If you first look at it that is what it seems to be. They may have even checked on other family members after they got through the horror of those first three sites and we don't know it.

I don't get how 18 cars are related to the murders. Seems like a criminal investigation towards the victims. There has been a couple cases filed (unrelated) regarding title issues on some car lots recently. It's on the AG's public page. But if he's cracking down on this problem in Ohio why the Rhodens. Why now? I just don't see how it could help LE with finding the killers. Seems to me AG is bent lately on this title issue. JMO. Maybe the killing is related to the car sales. Maybe I answered my own question.

If you search CRSR'S property (4077) with Google maps, it does NOT show the large white structure that looks like a long barn.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

If you're referring to the long white barn structure next to CR1's mobile home, It shows up in my Google maps. In Google Earth Pro, it first shows up in 2015. The prior image, taken in 2012, shows some sort of site preparation - ground bulldozed,etc.

If they do derby racing - they must have a flatbed or trailer for the car to get it to the races so that could be used for towing cars to their home.
It could be in that white building.

Well that is the point.. I haven't seen they have one.

Also everyone that does racing there doesn't have a flatbed.

If you're referring to the long white barn structure next to CR1's mobile home, It shows up in my Google maps. In Google Earth Pro, it first shows up in 2015. The prior image, taken in 2012, shows some sort of site preparation - ground bulldozed,etc.
Hmmmmmm I wonder if it's giving me the wrong address...
This is what I see

a00ec6504e4582f1a14db0b6e92e7975.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Maybe the 18 towed yesterday were those that had obviously been in use recently.
I'm guessing some of the 18 towed yesterday were personal cars also, but that is just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove