OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is the point.. I haven't seen they have one.

Also everyone that does racing there doesn't have a flatbed.

True but they have to have something to get the car there. I can't imagine they drive the derby car to where ever they need to be.

I don't get how 18 cars are related to the murders. Seems like a criminal investigation towards the victims. There has been a couple cases filed (unrelated) regarding title issues on some car lots recently. It's on the AG's public page. But if he's cracking down on this problem in Ohio why the Rhodens. Why now? I just don't see how it could help LE with finding the killers. Seems to me AG is bent lately on this title issue. JMO. Maybe the killing is related to the car sales. Maybe I answered my own question.

IMO, LE is just covering all the bases, leaving no stone unturned. If they don't have much crime scene evidence (prints, DNA, video, etc.) they'll have to gather as much evidence as possible about CR1 and other's activities to focus on who may have been responsible for the killings. They'll need to build a strong case if they have to rely on circumstantial evidence.

With taking that many vehicles and more to come, it sounds like maybe they think the murders have to do with that business. Maybe somebody recently wanted to buy a car from them or sold them a car & the deal went bad. If they found any DNA in the trailers, maybe they are trying to match with DNA in the vehicles. Just :moo:. I'm off to bed. Hopefully there will be an arrest soon.

Lots of possibilities, but I wonder if any of the vehicles look suspicious in connection to unsolved drive-bys across the state. Driving a car that was just spotted at a crime scene in Columbus or Cleveland or Detroit to Pike County looks like a good way to dump evidence. And, if the perp already had a connection, as in buying wholesale there, it would be logical.

I do think that LE is investigating generalities more than specifics at this point. Drawing lines and making connections. Gives them more ideas about where to lean for info.

I don't get how 18 cars are related to the murders. Seems like a criminal investigation towards the victims. There has been a couple cases filed (unrelated) regarding title issues on some car lots recently. It's on the AG's public page. But if he's cracking down on this problem in Ohio why the Rhodens. Why now? I just don't see how it could help LE with finding the killers. Seems to me AG is bent lately on this title issue. JMO. Maybe the killing is related to the car sales. Maybe I answered my own question.
Well it could help if they find out the Rhodens were into something they aren't aware of.

Sometimes you have to look at the victim and what they were doing to figure out what situations they were exposed to.

If someone is murdered in their home and no robbery obvious and then they find out this upstanding citizen was dealing drugs, that gives them a better idea of why and who killed them.

Sometimes you have to "profile" the victim to find out what happened.

Hmmmmmm I wonder if it's giving me the wrong address...
This is what I see

a00ec6504e4582f1a14db0b6e92e7975.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Google Maps has the wrong address for most properties on Union Hill Rd.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Union+Hill+Rd,+Peebles,+OH+45660/@39.0125344,-83.2539302,265m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x8846ddc85b12977d:0x8bcf345941014789

True but they have to have something to get the car there. I can't imagine they drive the derby car to where ever they need to be.
I understand, but a salvage business would be every day, 365 days a year, derby racing isn't.

Maybe someone was scared to be next in line on AG list of title issues. Doesn't seem to be worth exchanging that problem for a murder charge though. Thinking out loud. I do hope LE is not desperate still trying to get leads on the perps. Ugh

I'll go ahead and put this here, I've discussed it privately with a couple of people the last couple of days and more since last night..

I think the politicial spin on this case has a lot to do with Kasich being on the campaign trail. I eluded to the the other day.

If that is the case, Cruz dropped out last night so it will even be worse. Now I'm waiting to see if this gets solved very quickly and it is some outlier that makes no sense to anyone, which is a "victory" being solved.

Or..

If it goes really cold and really quiet.

If there is as much political spin on this case as I think there has been, Cruz dropping out last night is not good for this case.

I said as much to my son last night, patsy or nothing at all... it makes me wonder about the 6 women murdered in Chillicothe too...

Maybe someone was scared to be next in line on AG list of title issues. Doesn't seem to be worth exchanging that problem for a murder charge though. Thinking out loud. I do hope LE is not desperate still trying to get leads on the perps. Ugh
There are so many things that could involve cars. They could have been selling these cars but they were actually selling other cars to people to transport drugs.

We still don't know how much of the drug business they actually were in. LE could have found evidence of a major drug operation there, more than pot, and it hasn't leaked.

I still can't ignore Gary's connections to trafficking to Detroit.

That's a question I meant to ask earlier...do growing marijuana plants have a distinct odor? Is it the same or similar to the burning end product?

Absolutely. And there is NO way people coming over wouldn't smell it or at least get a whiff of it when those plants are budding.

I said as much to my son last night, patsy or nothing at all... it makes me wonder about the 6 women murdered in Chillicothe too...
That really worries me. Like I said, the media and Trump has been on Kasich for how he eats, an unsolved murder like this can be damaging. Now that Cruz is out, Kasich can't stand behind Cruz and let Trump and the media hit Cruz.

I have my hands full with babies today and no time to read the whole thread - is there any news?

Only hours after five of the remaining six members of the Rhoden family were buried Tuesday, tow trucks hauled away at least three vehicles from family property where the April 22 shootings occurred.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...owed-part-investigation-pike-county/83882994/

Wednesday, Lisa Peterson Hackley with the AG's Office told WSAZ three vehicles were taken from family property Tuesday.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Investigators-Several-dead-at-Pike-County-Ohio-home-376728131.html

It appears they only removed 3 vehicles, probably the ones that were theirs and in use. jmo

I have my hands full with babies today and no time to read the whole thread - is there any news?
Nothing more than last night when they said they towed 18 cars and are going to tow more today.

Not without headlights, taillights, turn signals, license plates etc. Paying the fines and impound fees would be more expensive than the car, most likely.

Only hours after five of the remaining six members of the Rhoden family were buried Tuesday, tow trucks hauled away at least three vehicles from family property where the April 22 shootings occurred.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...owed-part-investigation-pike-county/83882994/

Wednesday, Lisa Peterson Hackley with the AG's Office told WSAZ three vehicles were taken from family property Tuesday.

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Investigators-Several-dead-at-Pike-County-Ohio-home-376728131.html

It appears they only removed 3 vehicles, probably the ones that were theirs and in use. jmo
That was earlier, I posted a new article last night and one company said they towed 18 and were told to come back today to tow more.

So that must be a new structure. There used to be a way to see the same area from different times. Google earth maybe? I can't do that anymore with my lousy internet service.

The pole barn was not in the May 17, 2012 Google Earth aerial image of the coordinates. It was in the July 24, 2015 image. Using measuring tools available in Google Earth Pro - the pole barn has dimensions of approximately 85 feet long and 33 feet wide. Seems taller than a single story in some places.

That really worries me. Like I said, the media and Trump has been on Kasich for how he eats, an unsolved murder like this can be damaging. Now that Cruz is out, Kasich can't stand behind Cruz and let Trump and the media hit Cruz.

Especially with a whole crap load of corruption to be explored and dissected! You know my theory, and it could definitely be wrong - but I can imagine any number of people in the food chain could blow up Kasich's governance with the right expose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove