OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember seeing some other pics also where some vehicles were in areas where the grass and weeds were very high.

The salvage company that is towing these, they seem to be doing an actual salvage business like I've seen here. The Rhodens not so much.. How were they getting cars there? Do they have a tow truck? A salvage businesses has to have a flatbed tow or pay for one each time. That is expensive to pay for it and not own one.

Actually running a true salvage business, even a small one? I'm thinking they weren't actually doing that.

ETA: The second picture you added shows more.

Much of those are just junk, some rusted out.

Commonly it can be a front.

Here is something I came across today.
I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread.
Brown County, Ohio is on Ohio River, just west of Adams County . In very close proximity to Pike County.
I scanned the names and locations, and do not see any relationship.
But maybe others on this thread who have done more Facebook reading will see something.
article is December 2015

https://browncountycrime.com/2015/12/09/44-indicted-in-three-brown-county-meth-rings/

Commonly it can be a front.
Right.. I've been to a salvage yard more than once and I can't see a true salvage yard there. That could be personal use for derby cars and and front but not a true business. Gary's dad made it sound like they were fixing cars as a business. If he is down there helping Chris to work on cars.. I just don't see the "business" working on cars that needs someone to come help.

Right.. I've been to a salvage yard more than once and I can't see a true salvage yard there. That could be personal use for derby cars and and front but not a true business. Gary's dad made it sound like they were fixing cars as a business. If he is down there helping Chris to work on cars.. I just don't see the "business" working on cars that needs someone to come help.

Working on cars and a salvage yard are two completely different things. Buying cars at an auction, fixing them and selling them is something that can generate plenty of cash for two people to eat and buy beer. Also, the second person to help is pretty reasonable if you're talking about swapping an engine or transmission, which is what a lot of auction cars need.

Late with my post! but here it is since it was completed

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/up-to-18-vehicles-towed-from-pike-county-massacre-property

....helped tow five of a total of 18 vehicles away from the Rhoden property where eight members of the family were shot to death nearly two weeks ago.
Everything was still roped off and they had caution tape up around the house...
...said the cars were various makes and models with some missing parts such as engines. Each one of the vehicles was taken to a Waverly impound lot where a Pike County deputy will keep a close watch over. He says investigators would not specify why specific vehicles were selected. He estimates a total of 40 vehicles were scattered ...
...The tow company says they were told to report back to the property Wednesday to take more vehicles away. The Attorney General's office says the vehicles will be used as part of the Bureau of Criminal Investigation's probe ...

OK Thanks. Up to? Like me saying I have had up to 20 kids. I don't no if I believe 18 vehicles towed with the "up to" as the lead. crappy reporting in my book. jmo idk

I've always found ABC6 to be the least professional, most sensational network in Columbus.

OH governor has left Virginia and canceled a media event there to make a statement in Columbus OH at 5. JMO

I'll go ahead and put this here, I've discussed it privately with a couple of people the last couple of days and more since last night..

I think the politicial spin on this case has a lot to do with Kasich being on the campaign trail. I eluded to the the other day.

If that is the case, Cruz dropped out last night so it will even be worse. Now I'm waiting to see if this gets solved very quickly and it is some outlier that makes no sense to anyone, which is a "victory" being solved.

Or..

If it goes really cold and really quiet.

If there is as much political spin on this case as I think there has been, Cruz dropping out last night is not good for this case.

Sounds like Kasich is getting ready to drop out as well. Cancelled plans for Virginia and is expected to make an announcement.

https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics/status/727883918087688192

If you're referring to the long white barn structure next to CR1's mobile home, It shows up in my Google maps. In Google Earth Pro, it first shows up in 2015. The prior image, taken in 2012, shows some sort of site preparation - ground bulldozed,etc.
I was looking at the properties last night and found some similarities, may mean nothing, but...
In 2010 the building to the rt of CR1's trailer is just being finished, FR's trailer is not there yet. 2014 FR's trailer is there and so is the big building to the left of CR1's trailer (looking down from birds-eye). In 2010 there was not fifth wheel at 799 Left Fork, in 2014 a fifth wheel showed up. Same w/ CR1's property on Camp Creek Rd. , 2010, nothing on there, 2014 there is a trailer on there. I don't know if it means anything but there's a lot of buildings being added in those four years.

Working on cars and a salvage yard are two completely different things. Buying cars at an auction, fixing them and selling them is something that can generate plenty of cash for two people to eat and buy beer. Also, the second person to help is pretty reasonable if you're talking about swapping an engine or transmission, which is what a lot of auction cars need.

I understand that. But I don't see this as his business. Dana and even her kids, along with people not related, were selling a lot of nice cars on FB alone..

I don't see that there.

I also don't see someone leaving KY and coming to work for a little food and beer.

That tow truck guy being interviewed in KKearns link above said they were pulling cars in varying condition (no engine, missing tires) Paraphrasing. I noticed that red truck in the video with evidence tape on the door frame. It must have been one that was towed as well.
Thanks for the link by the way. I'm at work trying to concentrate but just keep thinking surely there will be some news soon.

OK Thanks. Up to? Like me saying I have had up to 20 kids. I don't no if I believe 18 vehicles towed with the "up to" as the lead. crappy reporting in my book. jmo idk
They interviewed him and he said how many they towed and about coming back today for more.

[video=youtube;c-2jSxHQMkQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-2jSxHQMkQ[/video]

This is a good video over the property on April 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads