OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is any evidence the vehicles were in any way related to the fruits of illegal drug trafficking, law enforcement can seize and attach them.
There is a bigger picture for me.

To begin with, I'm not debating this again with those that don't agree.

Almost everything the AG has said has ended up being contradicted by.his own words.

He said his word is gold the other day, it is official.

He said later they were turning the property back over to the family, this was long after the commercial grow op was known.

So now.. He said it is going back to the family, we should be able to take that to the bank.

So now, let's see..

If the Rhodens were providing a hiding/dumping ground for vehicles connected to crimes in other areas this could provide a connection to who they might have crossed sufficiently to spur their execution. They were producers/wholesalers. Somebody was buying from them for distribution elsewhere. Given their car business it wouldn't be a far leap to suppose that they might be amenable to dealing in parts from vehicles that were "hot" elsewhere, for a variety of reasons--up to and including drive-by shootings. It would be prudent for LE to match vehicles (even ones without engines) against some brands/colors/body types connected with unsolved crimes in other areas. First thing they might do on getting said vehicles in their possession would be to run VINs to see if anything pops up. Wouldn't be immediately pertinent to who killed the Rhodens, but it might get them in the right ball park. Might provide enough evidence to take down someone for one of those other crimes--who might in turn be willing to spill the beans on who else had connections to the Rhodens and who might have a beef with them.

I keep saying (IMO) this thing is much bigger than Pike County.

I completely agree.

Do we know if any vehicles were being stored in the big pole barn?

There are so many things that could involve cars. They could have been selling these cars but they were actually selling other cars to people to transport drugs.

We still don't know how much of the drug business they actually were in. LE could have found evidence of a major drug operation there, more than pot, and it hasn't leaked.

I still can't ignore Gary's connections to trafficking to Detroit.

KK--I have seen Gary's Detroit connections mentioned before. Is there a link, or any further info?

I think that's exactly the kind of thing that we need to pay attention to--links to bigger stuff outside the county.

Too bad none of them went to Kenneth's, not even LE.
It will be interesting to find out if anyone tried to call his cell (if he had one) to check on him at any point after the discovery of the first 7.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The reporter said they were only out there for two hours. I wonder if the pond was even checked.

The dive team was there to recover a three year old child who downed in a neighboring pond. The child wandered away from grandmas. Last I heard not much was released because they were pending notification of the parents out of state. I don't recall seeing anything about the dive team being out there for the rhoden properties but I'll look again.

Correct, but you have to then take that P.O. Box address and figure out who gets the mail....

And check the Facebook business page associated with said person. Seems there are more transportation modes available.

KK--I have seen Gary's Detroit connections mentioned before. Is there a link, or any further info?

I think that's exactly the kind of thing that we need to pay attention to--links to bigger stuff outside the county.

Yes, we know that the location of the murders is perfectly positioned at a cross roads of sorts to major metropolitan markets. In addition, it is very close to the county line, meaning that activities could be carried out in both counties while easily avoiding detection because the jurisdiction of the local law enforcement ends at the county line.

No because the relative is not a POI..

The dive team was there to recover a three year old child who downed in a neighboring pond. The child wandered away from grandmas. Last I heard not much was released because they were pending notification of the parents out of state. I don't recall seeing anything about the dive team being out there for the rhoden properties but I'll look again.
It wasn't, the family recovered her from a pond and it happened hours earlier. Many thought that is what happened.

The AG said the dive team was there for the Rhoden property, but only there securing the scene. He made it sound like there wasn't enough manpower and they needed help from the dive team.

Find the Facebook page of Freedom Outdoors.

When this was discussed several threads ago, someone looked into that. I can't remember who looked into the website builder, but they made a post about it.

Haha, I think that was me. I PM'd the registrant and company info to a fellow sleuther. The little company and compnay owner who registered it doesn't seem connected (I didn't super sleuth him though), however I thought the Kentucky connection might be odd.

There is a bigger picture for me.

To begin with, I'm not debating this again with those that don't agree.

Almost everything the AG has said has ended up being contradicted by.his own words.

He said his word is gold the other day, it is official.

He said later they were turning the property back over to the family, this was long after the commercial grow op was known.

So now.. He said it is going back to the family, we should be able to take that to the bank.

So now, let's see..

I think when he said property he was referring to the land, possibly homes but not necessarily everything that was on the land/property.

Leaving no stone unturned ... who owned these cars ... how were they acquired ... it could be a whole new avenue of investigation on its own ... !!

It wasn't, the family recovered her from a pond and it happened hours earlier. Many thought that is what happened.

The AG said the dive team was there for the Rhoden property, but only there securing the scene. He made it sound like there wasn't enough manpower and they needed help from the dive team.

I'm sorry, but how are we expected to believe that the dive team truck and the dive team drove from Columbus to the crime scene just to secure the scene, especially, since they were only there for a few hours? At that time, based on the reporting, there was a LOT of manpower in the area. Even the reporter who was there when the dive team was and reported it didn't believe it. Law enforcement will not disclose what they are doing if it has the potential to negatively impact the case. Obviously, the dive team was not there just to secure the scene. There were plenty of officers there who were doing that.

I think when he said property he was referring to the land, possibly homes but not necessarily everything that was on the land/property.
He was talking about the crime scenes.

The property itself would be worth more than the cars. Vehicles depreciate, not real estate.

I'm sorry, but how are we expected to believe that the dive team truck and the dive team drove from Columbus to the crime scene just to secure the scene, especially, since they were only there for a few hours? At that time, based on the reporting, there was a LOT of manpower in the area. Even the reporter who was there when the dive team was and reported it didn't believe it. Law enforcement will not disclose what they are doing if it has the potential to negatively impact the case. Obviously, the dive team was not there just to secure the scene. There were plenty of officers there who were doing that.
So you beginning to see my issue with the AG now?

He was talking about the crime scenes.

The property itself would be worth more than the cars. Vehicles depreciate, not real estate.

True, but it would be a lot easier to show that vehicles were purchased with proceeds of a crime than to show that for property inherited from a relative. It will be interesting to see what happens with the recently purchased property.

I've thought all along that Kasich wasn't running for POTUS, he was running for VP. I think he will get VP and Cruz will get SCOTUS appointment.

OT so back to the topic at hand...

Nightmare vision!

True, but it would be a lot easier to show that vehicles were purchased with proceeds of a crime than to show that for property inherited from a relative. It will be interesting to see what happens with the recently purchased property.
But if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have to be purchased by the proceeds, especially if it is federal. A commercial grow op, would be a federal issue.

But, My Word is Truth DeWine said it's going back. Yes, I'm interested to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton