OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were two things going on with the cars.... FR had some junk cars and parts that he used for derby. The cars FR was selling mostly were for parts, but DR is a different story. She was selling mostly newer cars. When I say newer, I mean less than ten years old. The cars she has posted kind of made me curious when I saw them because I figured they wouldn't be as new or as nice as they were and certainly wasn't what I was thinking of for a salvage and repair place. The phone number that she was selling them under belongs to a business though. The person running the business happens to be CR1 CR2 boss and he also did an interview with media. I almost feel like there was some sort of chop shop or illegal activity going on with the cars DR was selling, but idk.
I'm kind of thinking that also and the evidence of that could be in these cars they are towing. I think they are tracing things not looking for DNA, fingerprints, etc.

I'm thinking more about drive-bys outside the area.

I posted something a few pages back that got no response.
Asked moderator to remove if in appropriate.
I feel creepy saying anything other than than name of a deceased person.
Car accident. Was investigated. Never found any follow up. March of 2014

Are you referring to the pond that the Franklin County (Columbus) Dive Team visited but told everyone they were there just to help with traffic control? lol. Was there any indication that anything of interest was found in the pond?
No indication they did anything there. Media said they parked the truck stayed a couple of hours and left.

If there is any evidence the vehicles were in any way related to the fruits of illegal drug trafficking, law enforcement can seize and attach them.

Exactly. Ohio has civil asset forfeiture on their books. Proposed legislation would do away with it, but I am not finding where the current proposal has been passed and signed into law.

Current law allows police to take anything during an investigation that, in their view, has a connection to criminal activity.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/ne...essen-cops-power-in-civil-forfeiture-c/npG5f/

Not saying they intend to seize the vehicles under asset forfeiture in this case, but Ohio law does allow for it.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2981

If the 3 grow operations were as large scale as LE are saying, there had to be PEOPLE working to harvest and package the pot for distribution to a MAJOR BUYER, who would buy in bulk, guaranteed.

Extended family members would surely be employed during harvest time, so maybe LM is correct that LE is still looking closely at his family. I don't believe for a minute that BJM was there to "feed the dogs" every morning.

I would venture to guess it took about 5 WEEKS prior to the murders to harvest and package and replant a huge harvest, coincidentally, the same time BrR was staying with FR and HG.

Perhaps some of the vehicles were left behind by workers (who didn't show up at CR's after the murders).

Or, they were vehicles being "fitted" with compartments to transport to "CAR AUCTION' (wink wink).

Maybe the 'workers' stayed at the campgrounds across from KR place and were shuttled in dual cab trucks (like the red on we saw being towed) to work at CR's every day during harvest time.

Maybe DS, GR and KR were all involved in packaging, transport, and production for the big harvest that came in during the month prior to the killings.

Sounds like someone got double-crossed or cut out of the family business and took revenge on everyone close to CR.

DS also neglected to meet Kenneth to work the next morning according to DS account. Why. Then DS shows up at 1:30 pm to check on Kenneth. Why not earlier? JMO

I'm kind of thinking that also and the evidence of that could be in these cars they are towing. I think they are tracing things not looking for DNA, fingerprints, etc.

I agree. I think it's only a matter of time until we have a suspect or a charge. They should be able to trace the money trail as it relates to the vehicles. And interesting that they were killed right when the brother from KY came up to help "repair" the vehicles. Wonder if the Rhodens were under some type of pressure, which is why he came up. Someone knew he was there.

Thanks! I found it. Post #58 on Thread#2 is the first truck that was towed and it was a dark Toyota.

Lol...glad you found it so I can release that from my muddled mind. So many parts that may or may not be significant in this case.

Oh whomever asked about the pond.. Yes the pond was mentioned before the divers and then discussed when the divers came in.

The reporter said they were only out there for two hours. I wonder if the pond was even checked.

Can anyone confirm that these out buildings have electricity? See any wires or lines ?
Im on an iPad and can't get that kind of detail.
A grow operation indoors requires massive lighting.
The electric company could provide use numbers to L E and basically confirm unusually high electric use.
Maybe even time of day for the surge.

or generators...

I thought it was odd how focused on his son's truck Leonard was. I'm not sure how to read it, but it made me wonder what was going on. His daughter and her family were just brutally murdered, and his priority was on getting his son's truck back. Everyone processes grief differently, so I make no judgments either way. Just curious.
I am WAY behind on the thread. About the truck, it has dawned on me a few times and I thought I'd mention it. LE does feel the hood of vehicles when responding to a crime scene. Maybe this truck hood wasn't warm enough or somehow they felt like it had been there longer than it was stated that it had been?? Based on it being April early in the am in Ohio and only driven 1/2 mile that may not even be an issue.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

DS also neglected to meet Kenneth to work the next morning according to DS account. Why. Then DS shows up at 1:30 pm to check on Kenneth. Why not earlier? JMO

Maybe DS sleeps late? I know that doesn't make sense considering they were supposed to be up at 530am working on cars.. But I also wonder why no other family members checked on him.

Where I live if people owned that much property, they'd be considered very well off here. The mobile homes there are very misleading as to what Chris had.

Oh I totally agree with that and a good point. I just mean living simply. Having a lot means maintaining a lot and working for things, instead of living. The more you have and the higher you go living materialistically, means life on a pressurized hamster wheel. I watched people compete and there is always someone with more. And the guy at the top tries to maintain top status so there's pressure there. Most of the people I've known have hurt others to get ahead. At some point a person has to reexamine things or become someone they don't want to be, a white collar sociopath. JMO.

addendum: It's just when I see things like this, I think of sad life choices that people make. Just waking up healthy, or relatively healthy, and having family that loves me seems enough as I get older. Scaling down so there's not so much to care for, allows a person so much freedom and the ability to enjoy moments.

I brought this up about two theads back, but not sure. The person who set up that company isn't actually part of it and I think she probably has no idea what's going on with it since she is on tour a lot. The person running it though... has a lot to do with the Rhoden family. Also the fb page for the company has a review on it that is interesting as well as posts about new shipments of cars coming in.... probably from the Rhodens.

Interestingly the website for the Scioto River Company was registered and built by a little computer tech company in Kentucky. Not sure why the Scioto biz would use a business out of state to register and build their website, maybe it's nothing...

ETA - Registered and business is in Ashland, Kentucky

I don't get how 18 cars are related to the murders. Seems like a criminal investigation towards the victims. There has been a couple cases filed (unrelated) regarding title issues on some car lots recently. It's on the AG's public page. But if he's cracking down on this problem in Ohio why the Rhodens. Why now? I just don't see how it could help LE with finding the killers. Seems to me AG is bent lately on this title issue. JMO. Maybe the killing is related to the car sales. Maybe I answered my own question.

If the Rhodens were providing a hiding/dumping ground for vehicles connected to crimes in other areas this could provide a connection to who they might have crossed sufficiently to spur their execution. They were producers/wholesalers. Somebody was buying from them for distribution elsewhere. Given their car business it wouldn't be a far leap to suppose that they might be amenable to dealing in parts from vehicles that were "hot" elsewhere, for a variety of reasons--up to and including drive-by shootings. It would be prudent for LE to match vehicles (even ones without engines) against some brands/colors/body types connected with unsolved crimes in other areas. First thing they might do on getting said vehicles in their possession would be to run VINs to see if anything pops up. Wouldn't be immediately pertinent to who killed the Rhodens, but it might get them in the right ball park. Might provide enough evidence to take down someone for one of those other crimes--who might in turn be willing to spill the beans on who else had connections to the Rhodens and who might have a beef with them.

I keep saying (IMO) this thing is much bigger than Pike County.

Interestingly the website for the Scioto River Company was registered and built by a little computer tech company in Kentucky. Not sure why the Scioto biz would use a business out of state to register and build their website, maybe it's nothing...

ETA - Registered and business is in Ashland, Kentucky

When this was discussed several threads ago, someone looked into that. I can't remember who looked into the website builder, but they made a post about it.

If the Rhodens were providing a hiding/dumping ground for vehicles connected to crimes in other areas this could provide a connection to who they might have crossed sufficiently to spur their execution. They were producers/wholesalers. Somebody was buying from them for distribution elsewhere. Given their car business it wouldn't be a far leap to suppose that they might be amenable to dealing in parts from vehicles that were "hot" elsewhere, for a variety of reasons--up to and including drive-by shootings. It would be prudent for LE to match vehicles (even ones without engines) against some brands/colors/body types connected with unsolved crimes in other areas. First thing they might do on getting said vehicles in their possession would be to run VINs to see if anything pops up. Wouldn't be immediately pertinent to who killed the Rhodens, but it might get them in the right ball park. Might provide enough evidence to take down someone for one of those other crimes--who might in turn be willing to spill the beans on who else had connections to the Rhodens and who might have a beef with them.

I keep saying (IMO) this thing is much bigger than Pike County.

Maybe they were supposed to dispose of a vehicle (or a number of vehicles), decided to sell them and make some money instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
learningtolive616