OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda think it's a lil strange if KRs children didn't try to contact him even to say dad did you hear what happened. They may have tried to call him dunno

But to be reported around 1:30 pm does seem odd to me. 4+ hrs seems like a long time to not try to get in touch with the brother of one of the victims. No matter where anyone thought he was.

Does it mean anything I have no idea
And won't know til LE tells us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now THIS is why I have a theory that Kenneth was the main target, or connection to all of this IMO. Reading between the lines on his relationship with his family via Facebook. He lived further away from the other relatives, his paranoia, all the cameras, the kind of company he kept. It reminds me of an old friend I had that got deep into crack. She pretty much turned into a different person. Started hanging out with druggies, drug dealers, treated her old friends and family horribly because they tried to get her off drugs. She became super paranoid. Always thought people were watching her. She lost custody of her daughter, Flaked out on everyone that loved her. Moved away from her loved ones to be closer to her drug supplier. Basically went downhill.

Again this is all speculation but I find it interesting that he was only shot once in the head. It almost seems as though the killer/killers had sympathy on him. Were they familiar with him and not the others? Could that be why the other victims took a harder punishment- shot multiple times, some possibly beaten.?

What if Kenneth gave the wrong people (drug dealers etc) info on his, and Chris Sr.'s grow operations? Maybe people he thought he could trust turned around and used the information against him?

Maybe he worked 4 days a week? Maybe he had every other Friday, Saturday, Sunday off? Maybe he had Friday off because he was going to work the weekend? Maybe he got called off on Friday due to lack of work? Many possibilities.
May have been a contract job that was finjshed, May have been the job was cancelled that day due to bad weather. I know it was a full moon but I can't remember if it was rainy.

You are right, none of us really know. However; I feel the murderer/s are still in town hiding in plain sight. I also think LE thinks so.

I don't want to be contrary, but really all you have written that supposedly could have happened is also assuming, isn't it? That is all any of us can do at this time. One theory is as good as another.

Most mass murders of family members the perp/s usually turnout to be family also.
You're basically just agreeing with me. I never said that my theory was the right or only theory. I was responding to KKearns statement that made it sound like LE 'knew' the perps were in town. I was giving an example of another theory in which the perps might not be. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Are we allowed to refer to FB post that mentioned the fight?
Only if it was made by IJ. That's the problem. TOS prevents us from discussing the others involved in that altercation and providing some of the evidence involved in it.

Could KR have been in cahoots with someone to kill CRsr? Maybe he and Chris Sr had some disagreements. KR could have told where to find cash and other things. The killer could have showed up to inform KR that the kill had been done and then turned the gun on KR?

Sorry if this theory has already been discussed. I sometimes have to just skim over posts to catch up.

Also, one of the vehicles towed today could have belonged to Gary, unless he travelled by different means.

Yes! Absolutely! Reminds me of the story of Cain and Abel. Kenneth's family had fallen apart while Chris was reconciling with his ex, had a few successful businesses and all of his kids were happy, and still alive. There could have been a jealousy thing going on then add drugs to the mix.

I think there is a good chance they don't know because I think they wouldn't likely let the town live in horror, unnecessarily. Hopefully they wouldn't put the town through something like that.
I think "the town" and those close to where this happen aren't in great fear for their lives. I'm sure they've heard rumors about why this happened and know it won't effect them. They are probably becoming pretty complacent with recent murders. Newsomes, elderly couple killed in April during a burglary...you can only be on edge for so long before it becomes normal for lack of a better word.

And it does seem suspicious, but it doesn't mean it was intentional. Plans change. People flake out. Maybe DS often flaked out on going over there or meeting up when he said. I have friends that are the WORST with that and will never let you know, they just won't show up and you don't hear from them for days because they feel bad for blowing people off. There are a lot of different scenarios, and it's frustrating for all of us.

Besides, DS has a brand new girlfriend. Let your mind wander...<boy, some of you are perverted... :blushing: >

I think "the town" and those close to where this happen aren't in great fear for their lives. I'm sure they've heard rumors about why this happened and know it won't effect them. They are probably becoming pretty complacent with recent murders. Newsomes, elderly couple killed in April during a burglary...you can only be on edge for so long before it becomes normal for lack of a better word.

I agree. It sounds like the community knew them to one extent or another, plus it's a small town, they may have far more of an idea on why certain actions by family were taken and who may have done this and why. I guarantee plenty of rumors, but they probably have a far better idea on personalities and habits. JMO.

I know. I think in one interview Leonard said he and Bobby had went in every house. In the 911 call Bobby says she has found her bil and Gary dead but I think you can hear her saying something like get back in your room(nickname of frankie's son). If that's what she said and she was actually in Chris's house then obviously she was in frankie's house first and gathered the kids before calling 911. Or...she called 911 from frankie's which would make more sense because I don't think frankie's kids would have their own room in Chris srs house. Either way she (and possibly others) had to have been in both houses and that had to have compromised fingerprints, dna, and other evidence.

She calls 911 from Chris Sr's but yet her dad said she went in Frankie's first and found him, Hannah and the kids. She never mentions Frankie and Hannah on the call. Either Mr. Manley is confused or there's some question there.

Now THIS is why I have a theory that Kenneth was the main target, or connection to all of this IMO. Reading between the lines on his relationship with his family via Facebook. He lived further away from the other relatives, his paranoia, all the cameras, the kind of company he kept. It reminds me of an old friend I had that got deep into crack. She pretty much turned into a different person. Started hanging out with druggies, drug dealers, treated her old friends and family horribly because they tried to get her off drugs. She became super paranoid. Always thought people were watching her. She lost custody of her daughter, Flaked out on everyone that loved her. Moved away from her loved ones to be closer to her drug supplier. Basically went downhill.

Again this is all speculation but I find it interesting that he was only shot once in the head. It almost seems as though the killer/killers had sympathy on him. Were they familiar with him and not the others? Could that be why the other victims took a harder punishment- shot multiple times, some possibly beaten.?

What if Kenneth gave the wrong people (drug dealers etc) info on his, and Chris Sr.'s grow operations? Maybe people he thought he could trust turned around and used the information against him?

Anything is possible at this point

I wonder when KR got divorced?

Something boiled over on thurs for sure unless this was so planned that whoever did this knew where everyone would be during the early hrs of Friday. I don't see how that is possible if everyone killed knew the "secret" or whatever.

If someone wanted to kill KR and CRSr
Why go to Danas?

You can go down the list Dana to CRSr to FR.
It makes no sense

Boy this makes my head spin.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...owed-part-investigation-pike-county/83882994/

At least three vehicles were hauled from the Rhoden Property.

Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden and father-in-law to Christopher Rhoden, Sr., said officers have been taking vehicles from “Chris’s property and some of them aren’t even his.’'

Manley voiced frustration with the investigation and said he thinks authorities are unfairly looking at his family. He said that investigators still have not released his son’s pickup truck, or the tools carried in it. They the truck the day after the Rhoden family members were found between a mile or two down Union Hill Road from Manley’s home and that of his son, James. He said he doesn’t know what they want with James Manley’s truck or his tools.

He and his family feel targeted by the investigation, he said during a lunch after the funeral and burial of his daughter, her three children and her ex-husband with whom she was reconciling.

He said he is working an “investigator to get to the bottom of this.” He declined to name that person or company, but said they are from out of state.

The wait also continues for details related to the investigation into the shootings. For instance, search warrants related to the case have been sealed from public view, a spokesman for the Ohio attorney general said, explaining the delay related to The Enquirer’s request for those documents.
If there is anyone I feel sorry for its LM. This poor man has had his world ripped apart and has no idea how to handle this. I think he can't see past his grief to even consider his kids may have been into some shady activities.
If it is true that CRSr., GR and DR really were involved with trafficking or anything that led to their deaths, LM's suffering is something they should have to answer for. JMO

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Anything is possible at this point

I wonder when KR got divorced?

Something boiled over on thurs for sure unless this was so planned that whoever did this knew where everyone would be during the early hrs of Friday. I don't see how that is possible if everyone killed knew the "secret" or whatever.

If someone wanted to kill KR and CRSr
Why go to Danas?

You can go down the list Dana to CRSr to FR.
It makes no sense

Boy this makes my head spin.

Was one of the grow operations at Dana's house? They said there were three right? I picture Kenneth bragging to another dealer about the money they're bringing in, how much supply they have etc, something stupid like that and maybe the other dealer didn't want the competition. So he took them all out. Or maybe the dealer befriended them to find out all the details he needed before having them taken out. Either way I believe all this is drug related IMO.

What if KR helped someone and they silenced him afterwards? Maybe he was "paranoid" because he knew someone wanted to do harm to his family. He could have been paid (dollar bills left at scene) or blackmailed/threatened into going along. There are so many variables with the little information that is out there.

I agree. It sounds like the community knew them to one extent or another, plus it's a small town, they may have far more of an idea on why certain actions by family were taken and who may have done this and why. I guarantee plenty of rumors, but they probably have a far better idea on personalities and habits. JMO.
Exactly. There's really no need for them to let a anything leak outside of this town. I think people around there that know things are keeping quiet because they know it isn't helpful to the case. They know everything has been almost for entertainment value. You guys might disagree but these small towns keep everything as quiet as possible. I had a cousin that died mysteriously and my family did not want anything released to the news even after there were many reporters trying to contact all family. His autopsy proved natural causes but so many rumors had spread that it was ridiculous, even without media reports..

If there is anyone I feel sorry for its LM. This poor man has had his world ripped apart and has no idea how to handle this. I think he can't see past his grief to even consider his kids may have been into some shady activities.
If it is true that CRSr., GR and DR really were involved with trafficking or anything that led to their deaths, LM's suffering is something they should have to answer for. JMO

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

He's old and grieving. I can see how he'd get his stories mixed up.

Gary was from KY and his father said he was in Piketon to help Chris work on cars.

I wonder if 'work on cars' was code for get the "crops in the ground"? Gary went to stay at Chris' to 'work on cars'. DS was going to meet up with Kenny the next morning to 'work on cars'. Average last frost date for 45661 Zip Code is April 17th. First weekend after the 17th was ?.?.?

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...owed-part-investigation-pike-county/83882994/

At least three vehicles were hauled from the Rhoden Property.

Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden and father-in-law to Christopher Rhoden, Sr., said officers have been taking vehicles from “Chris’s property and some of them aren’t even his.’'

Manley voiced frustration with the investigation and said he thinks authorities are unfairly looking at his family. He said that investigators still have not released his son’s pickup truck, or the tools carried in it. They the truck the day after the Rhoden family members were found between a mile or two down Union Hill Road from Manley’s home and that of his son, James. He said he doesn’t know what they want with James Manley’s truck or his tools.

He and his family feel targeted by the investigation, he said during a lunch after the funeral and burial of his daughter, her three children and her ex-husband with whom she was reconciling.

He said he is working an “investigator to get to the bottom of this.” He declined to name that person or company, but said they are from out of state.

The wait also continues for details related to the investigation into the shootings. For instance, search warrants related to the case have been sealed from public view, a spokesman for the Ohio attorney general said, explaining the delay related to The Enquirer’s request for those documents.

“Chris’s property, and some of them aren’t even his.’'

I know Chris salvaged cars and worked on them, plus derby cars, etc. Could he have also been a local friend willing to work on friends/families cars as well? It probably has nothing to do with anything. Just wondering if there was an issue with a repair job, people get crazy about their cars. I have a friend that is good with cars and when my car needs work I usually call him up to check it out and if it's something he can fix I will pay him to do it instead of going to a shop. I'm sure it's probably something much different, like stolen cars or parts or illegally obtained, or used in trafficking or 3,000 other theories. It just popped into my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C_Plus_Detective