Found Alive OH - Rainn Peterson, 2, North Bloomfield, 2 Oct 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was probably making dinner AND doing the laundry. I often do both at once. Mix the ingredients, put them in the oven, run and put the clothes in the dryer, come back and start making the salad, etc etc...

She was probably making dinner AND doing the laundry. I often do both at once. Mix the ingredients, put them in the oven, run and put the clothes in the dryer, come back and start making the salad, etc etc...

Showoff - you're making us all look bad, lol! ;)

From your link:

Some that even stirs suspicion with law enforcement, about the condition of the child when she was found.

Sheriff Tom Altiere was interviewed by Lindsay McCoy on WFMJ Weekend Today.

"Did you say she did not have a dirty diaper? No she did not have a dirty diaper, it was a wet diaper. Does that raise questions for you? Absolutely," Sheriff Altiere said.

But WHY? You would expect a child who had been wearing the same diaper for 48 hours to have a wet (or dirty) diaper. Why does the wet diaper raise questions with the Sheriff?

But WHY? You would expect a child who had been wearing the same diaper for 48 hours to have a wet (or dirty) diaper. Why does the wet diaper raise questions with the Sheriff?

I just wonder HOW wet it is. My friend went to pick her 1 yr old up from her daycare one day, and her little diaper was SOOOOOOOOOOO wet that when she picked up her baby, and touched her diaper area, water came gushing out. She was so angry as it was obvious she had not been changed or held all day!

So I wonder how wet the diaper was.

[ however, maybe if she was dehydrated there might not have been too much wetness. IDK]

I just wonder HOW wet it is. My friend went to pick her 1 yr old up from her daycare one day, and her little diaper was SOOOOOOOOOOO wet that when she picked up her baby, and touched her diaper area, water came gushing out. She was so angry as it was obvious she had not been changed or held all day!

[ however, maybe if she was dehydrated there might not have been too much wetness. IDK]

I wonder how wet it was too, especially if she was outside in the rain it would have soaked through and into her diaper if she was out there for that long and I don't think the diaper would dry like clothes would. It would be obvious to anyone who has seen a completely water logged diaper before, they look like they are about to explode.

All the good news from today, with pics of Rainn happily at home,
Case Archive is updated:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Rainn Peterson -OH-?sort=6&page=1

attachment.php

Attachments

• 101215.sweet.rainn.JPG
    101215.sweet.rainn.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 334

I may have misunderstood, but I thought that meant that the diaper being wet but not dirty raised questions, not just the fact that it was wet.

MOO

I may have misunderstood, but I thought that meant that the diaper being wet but not dirty raised questions, not just the fact that it was wet.

MOO

I think people are wondering because two yr olds do not always have bowel movements every single night. And she may have had a dirty diaper that morning already, so it would not be so odd that she did not have a dirty diaper. But it should have been very wet, as opposed to just 'normally' wet, if that makes sense.

Yikes. Hope she found a new daycare!

Those new pictures of rain...she looks happy and healthy. And such a cute little thing too with those chubby cheeks!

I am confused.

What is being questioned - her diaper is NOT wet enough for her to have worn it for 48 hours and been out in the rain?

I am confused.

What is being questioned - her diaper is NOT wet enough for her to have worn it for 48 hours and been out in the rain?

We were just rambling and speculating based on the Sheriffs vague statement saying he wanted to know what happened.

Yikes. Hope she found a new daycare!

Those new pictures of rain...she looks happy and healthy. And such a cute little thing too with those chubby cheeks!

Better, she helped shut it down. After talking to other concerned parents they figured out she was taking in twice as many kids as allowed and lied about having afternoon help.

YES, Rainn looks healthy and so happy to be home. :baby:

IMO, even if Brandie's labs would have shown no drugs and everything at her home completely checked out, she would still have been held responsible had Rainn disappeared on her watch. That's a shame.
As it is, she is under suspicion and all but condemned as guilty of doing something wrong in this situation. Had I been her, I would have been furious that I could not see my daughter right away. It is my understanding that she left the children there while she got an apartment ready for them all to move into. CPS had already ok'd it all and she had custody. Since she fell under suspicion of having something to do with this, no doubt spurred by her drug history, her staying with family off and on all the time, her dv history, etc., she has been denied custody. I think she has been accused and questioned and held responsible even though it did not occur on her watch. Of course, I do not know all the details and sometimes it is impossible not to be suspicious of a person when we know their history. However, her words ring true to me and her concern for her child seems quite sincere.

Oh, I don't know about all of that. IMO, this is a little more than just about the best interests of Rainn because of the trauma of being missing. See, in order for Children's Service to intervene in the way they did once Rainn was found, they had to file a complaint, and they had to back that up with evidence in front of a judge. They had to show evidence of abuse or neglect, and it's clear that whatever the issue was, it certainly wasn't anything the GGP did. My guess, and again, it's just a guess, that there were issues with Brandi uncovered in the investigation of Rainn's disappearance that led to the intervention.

I read that it is standard procedure for Children's Service to take temporary custody in a missing child's case upon recovery of that child.

I agree with you that they are better off with her than an elderly couple - if Brandi can get her act together & first and foremost that means getting out of that abusive relationship. I think so much harm is done to children who witness strife, discord and worse in their home. This is where they form their concepts of how to interact in relationships and what we can expect by way of treatment from our boyfriends and girlfriends, those who claim to love us. Though controversial, I would support removal of children from homes where the mother refuses to ditch an abusive boyfriend.
Maybe some of the confusion over custody came from this:

"I have full custody of both of my children. I was granted full custody a couple months ago in court. Children's services says they're retaining custody of her as of last night. (They) won't let any family there. She is there with children's services and hospital staff."

"It's not fair, something needs to be done. This is why I'm going public. Before my daughter went missing, children's services came to my home. They made sure that there were no hazards to my children. They made sure everyone would be fine and they told me they'd send papers in the mail in just a few days and possibly get my kids and bring them here. They are saying that it's not them, that it's the police officers asking."

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/loca...om-they-wont-let-me-see-my-daughter/73390198/

Brandi said that she was given custody a couple of months ago but she also said that she was waiting for papers from children's services to "possibly get my kids and bring them here." I took "here" to mean her new apartment so I wondered if there was some sort of prior arrangement whereby she was given custody with a stipulation that she and the children would reside with her grandparents.

That kind of makes sense given that in August 2014 she was charged with heroin possession and child endangerment. The child endangerment charge was dropped after she pled guilty to the drug charge and paid a fine. So it's possible that children's services became involved at that time and came up with a safety plan but now that she was looking to move out of her grandparents' house and live on her own there may have been a reevaluation going on.

The other incident that may have impacted the court's decision could be from this past June when she became disoriented after a fight with her grandmother and had to be taken to the hospital. I don't think she was arrested at that time but children's services may have been given a copy of the report.

So I don't know exactly what's going on and it's unlikely children's services will share the full story with the public. In any case the court decided that Rainn and her siblings will be better off back with her great-grandparents for now. But that's only temporary. Hopefully Brandi will do whatever it takes to convince them and the courts that she's ready to take on the responsibility of parenting her children. I agree that they are better off with her than an elderly couple - if Brandi can show that she's up for it.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/07/temporary-custo/

We were just rambling and speculating based on the Sheriffs vague statement saying he wanted to know what happened.

I think what happened is the kid took off. Doesn't sound like anyone was watching her when she went missing. What would have been the point of abducting her only to dump her so close to her home?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios
Back