GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bellefontaine Murder Suspect Calls Father in W.Va.
PRINCETON, West Virginia -- Wanted murder suspect Samuel Littleton called his father, who lives in Princeton, W. Va., about 11 a.m. Tuesday from a pay phone, ABC6/FOX28 News has confirmed.

Sgt. Doug Miller, of the West Virginia State Police, says Littleton was apparently a block from the State police office. Sgt. Miller told ABC6/FOX28 News that he did not know the extent of Littleton's conversation with his father.

Littleton's father called the state police about 15 minutes after the phone call. By the time Troopers reached the pay phone location, Littleton was gone.

more at link
http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_9407.shtml

http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp?S=14076746

According to Senior Trooper S.R. Moore of the Princeton detachment of the State Police, a passerby spotted Littleton at the Marathon Gas Station on Oakvale Road in Princeton around noon Tuesday. By the time authorities arrived at the scene, Littleton was gone.

Wanted murder suspect Samuel Littleton called his father, who lives in Princeton, W. Va., about 11 a.m. Tuesday from a pay phone, ABC6/FOX28 News has confirmed.

Sgt. Doug Miller, of the West Virginia State Police, says Littleton was apparently a block from the State police office. Sgt. Miller told ABC6/FOX28 News that he did not know the extent of Littleton's conversation with his father.

Littleton's father called the state police about 15 minutes after the phone call. By the time Troopers reached the pay phone location, Littleton was gone.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_9407.shtml

I never thought the couple was with him. It seemed like there was too much extra time from between them being reported missing to when the car was sighted in Butler County. And they were likely gone way before they were reported missing. Sad all around. :(

I agree Ronso. And why drive 100 miles to the south and then another 280 to the east when he could have went thru columbus or further east and got on I-77? Maybe going to Tennessee then changed his mind? The Beckley WV area is mountainous with heavy forrests. Lots of ski resorts there and campgrounds.

I honestly think he wanted to avoid the main interstates to be honest. Taking I-77 would've been a huge risk, especially if it was being blasted all over the news/radio that he was a wanted man.

I hope that LE is on high alert about this guy. I have a feeling he's going to want to end his life (by calling dad), and he most certainly would want a firearm to do that.. If he hurt the Russell's for simply a vehicle, I fear what he could be capable of for/with a firearm.

Do you all read this to say the father called SL's probation officer in Ohio? Or he called "A" probation officer possibly in WV? I'm curious why he didn't just call 911 knowing his son was wanted for murder.

“When he called, the relative didn’t call us until 15 minutes after he spoke to him at 11 a.m.,” Miller said.

By the time police arrived in Princeton, “he was gone,” Miller said.

“A probation officer received the call from a relative. We have guys out looking for him now,” Miller said. “If anyone up there in Ohio has info, telephone West Virginia police at (304) 425-2101 or Bellefontaine police at 1-866-693-9171.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...ive-from-west-virginia-pay-phone-1088049.html

I thought we heard that Sam's father was dead? I swear we heard he died in the last few years.

It sounds like calling his father may have been a goodbye call....

If he is still in the Russell's car then I'm sure this other body won't have anything to do with him.

I had hoped he might have kept the Russell's until he realized that it was national news they were missing... then dropped them off with their car and stolen another one. At that point there would have be no motive to kill them. It was known he stole their car... why add two more murders to the charges? Since he didn't appear to have planned Tiffany's murder I was hoping he would take the attitude of not wanting to hurt anyone else. It doesn't appear my optimism panned out.

Yes I read that TexasLil. I wondered who has a probation officer, SL or the relative.:waitasec:

The only place I've read SL's father was dead was on a topix post.:waitasec:

I don't know if it's rumor or not.

A call to his dad. To say goodbye? Is he planning suicide instead of giving himself up?

I wonder if that is why he was at the rest stop - to change his appearance/shave. I hope they find him ASAP.

I wonder if that is why he was at the rest stop - to change his appearance/shave. I hope they find him ASAP.

Could be why his car was parked there long enough for LE to run the tags.... may have been using the restroom there to shave. However, I'd probably be suspicious if I saw someone at a rest stop shaving their head. JMO

Any pictures of him without the facial hair?
Untitled_20110217085844_320_240.JPG
Not shocked he shaved.

Is it just me or is this written strangely?

There are no confirmed reports of Littleton being in police or jail custody. Littleton is wanted in connection with the murder of 26-year-old Tiffany Brown, of Bellefontaine, Ohio. Brown is the daughter of Littleton's girlfriend, Deborah Neeley.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_9407.shtml?wap=0

I wonder if there are reports/rumors that they have Littleton, but they can't get LE to confirm them?

Investigators suspend landfill search for leads in missing couple case

A search of a Cincinnati-area landfill for clues in the disappearance of a Logan County couple in their 80s was suspended Tuesday afternoon as investigators closed in on the man wanted for questioning in the case.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...for-leads-in-missing-couple-case-1087829.html

This plus the previous article makes me wonder if maybe negotions with Littleton might be taking place.

Also I was thinking about the landfill search. Landfill searches are quite expensive. They don't do them on hunches. Which makes me wonder if maybe they might have found some evidence that the Russell's are no longer with us. Maybe some type of evidence left on the dumpsters or something?

I just thought of something, as for some of the medication that is gone, I assumed the Russells took med's with them, SL was probably the one who took the med's. IMO

Chatter up thread sounds like LE may have him.
I pray they do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79
Back