OH OH - Richard Beasley & Brogan Rafferty, 3 Craigslist killings, Noble County, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
By him asking you about picking the vehicles up first, I was thinking that maybe just maybe he had you targeted for theft, but maybe didn't plan to kill you unless you refused to allow him to pick up the vehicles, but still went through with his employment offer.

I agree that theft was probably the primary motive for him, but I do wonder if there wasn't some sort of thrill there for him. I mean most people, even people who kill for profit don't set out to kill and don't kill every two weeks or so. Most people need some cooling off after a killing, even one that is done in self defense. Yet this guy seems to have taken right off killing again. That is part of why I am wondering about the timing of yours. The murders (and the attempt) seem to have been about two weeks apart, except the murder of Geiger who seems to have been done in Aug. and there was seems to be a long gap between him and the others.

the 16th would have been the day i arrived there, and my last day alive, pauley was claimed to have been murdered the 23rd

Hmmm, 7 days.

I am guessing there are probably more murders out there that they don't know about yet. Some before you and some between the other ones that we already know about.

He seems to have paid a lot of attention and interest to the vehicles. He would have needed some way to dispose of those vehicles and a way to profit from them. I would think he would have that plan in place before obtaining the vehicles. I wonder what he did with them.

When I talk about a "thrill" I am talking less like the thrill you get roller coaster riding, and more like the satisfaction you get from bagging a deer. The challenge met, the number of points, the size of the deer, the accomplishment. I think to him it was maybe a little like hunting.

i dont agree, how would he get my 2 vehicles if i drove down in uhaul, and he killed me, he couldnt, he had to figure out how to get the vehicles first then the uhaul down there, i was to drive to noble county the next day with uhaul full of my stuff after he took my vehicles,he would have killed me then, he's just a sick beast

he has no respect for life, i take him as a habitual b ser, repeat offender, he had a gift for gabb, but only want to hear what he had to say, always trying to control the conversation.

i dont agree, how would he get my 2 vehicles if i drove down in uhaul, and he killed me, he couldnt, he had to figure out how to get the vehicles first then the uhaul down there, i was to drive to noble county the next day with uhaul full of my stuff after he took my vehicles,he would have killed me then, he's just a sick beast

Good points.

he has no respect for life, i take him as a habitual b ser, repeat offender, he had a gift for gabb, but only want to hear what he had to say, always trying to control the conversation.

Did he seem interested in your family, in how many or how close your connections were?

It's pretty scary that he came to your home. How did it come about that he came to your home, instead of you going to his home, job address, or whatever?

With the others he seems to have met them in public places. Could have had one who spoke about hesitation about meeting him in private I guess, and he could have just changed it for the others.

i met him in public then drove to my house the next day to see my vehicles i filled application out in public

When he talked about the farm, future plans and things, did he talk about 'I' or 'we'.
I know you said he talked about an uncle. But did he always talk including the uncle or did he talk singular sometimes?

Also did he ever talk about anyone else in his plans?

ONN asked Walsh if other victims could be out there.

"This case is under investigation by the FBI and state police," Walsh said. "It's hard to say right now if there will be any more victims, but you certainly never know with a case like this."

Beasley will be in court in Akron on December 22 on un-related drug and prostitution charges.
http://www.onntv.com/content/stories/2011/12/07/story-criagslist-prosecutor.html

i interviewed with him, he drove to my house the next day, he was alone, seen all of my belongings he left, the next day called me and said i had the job,2 days later called and said his uncle would buy my vehicles keep one for the farm, my truck, and i could still use the truck on the farm,but a day later beasley called and asked if he could take my vehicles, before i drive down to caldwell without paying for them, offered to pay me when i arrived in caldwell. red flags were flying high at that point,i told beasley theres no way i will give up my vehicles without the cash, and i thought all night about it and didnt sleep well, got online that morning and did a property search and found out the name and property address didnt match, i questioned him about it, he said he gave me wrong address and name by accident, then i said theres lots of scams in this world someone could try to get my vehicles before i drive to my destination and kill me when i arrive to my destination and take all my belonging in the uhaul, so i told him this doesnt feel right, im not moving to caldwell, come to find out weeks later i was totally right.was'nt sure until then,i had no proof of his trechery

Your story is amazing. That was really smart to verify the name against the property records. Thank you for coming here and telling your story.

your welcome, stillwatersc,theres alot more i could add to my story,but im waiting til charges are actually made against him,theres to much political garbage going on between two states for control of him.

your welcome, stillwatersc,theres alot more i could add to my story,but im waiting til charges are actually made against him,theres to much political garbage going on between two states for control of him.

Checking out his story about the farm is what saved your life! Good job!

Could you tell me what kind of car/truck Beasley was driving when he met you in public and when he came to your house? I ask because another missing man from WV was seen getting into a vehicle after leaving his behind with all of his personal belongings inside of it. I'm trying to see if there could possibly be a connection.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/brother-fake-ohio-farm-job-would-have-seemed-like-perfect-fit-for-possible-craigslist-victim/2011/12/07/gIQAubzocO_story.html

A death certificate shows 55-year-old Ralph Geiger died around Aug. 9, weeks before the suspected killings of two other men and the wounding of a third.

The day before, he left an Akron homeless shelter where he’d been staying since February, saying he was taking a farm job in Dover, said the Rev. Jeff Kaiser, executive director of Haven of Hope.

Dover Ohio? I hope more people are speaking up about having talked to Beasely about this "farm job"!

i interviewed with him, he drove to my house the next day, he was alone, seen all of my belongings he left, the next day called me and said i had the job,2 days later called and said his uncle would buy my vehicles keep one for the farm, my truck, and i could still use the truck on the farm,but a day later beasley called and asked if he could take my vehicles, before i drive down to caldwell without paying for them, offered to pay me when i arrived in caldwell. red flags were flying high at that point,i told beasley theres no way i will give up my vehicles without the cash, and i thought all night about it and didnt sleep well, got online that morning and did a property search and found out the name and property address didnt match, i questioned him about it, he said he gave me wrong address and name by accident, then i said theres lots of scams in this world someone could try to get my vehicles before i drive to my destination and kill me when i arrive to my destination and take all my belonging in the uhaul, so i told him this doesnt feel right, im not moving to caldwell, come to find out weeks later i was totally right.was'nt sure until then,i had no proof of his trechery

wow. i am so glad you sensed something was wrong and you are here posting with us today. (((hugs)))

thanks to all of you, for your comments, i am glad to be here, this is what i need, to vent, ive been holding all this inside me for too long.

AP Enterprise: Rules ignored in Craigslist case
By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS AP Legal Affairs Writer The Associated Press
Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:36 PM EST

http://centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9RGG2MO2@news.ap.org>&ps=1011

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A Texas parolee now suspected in a deadly Craigslist robbery scheme was mistakenly released from Ohio custody last summer not once but twice.

Richard Beasley, 52, should never have been released from the county jail in Akron, where he was being held on drug charges this summer, said Texas officials and the head of a national commission that oversees prisoner-transfer rules.

The brother of a victim whose body was found last month called Beasley's release tragic. Ohio is now investigating what went wrong, an inquiry that state officials called unprecedented.

Authorities say they are planning to charge Beasley with killing three men and wounding a third between August and November.
--------

"Because there was a warrant from Texas, there's no bond, regardless of the arrest or defense," he said.

Much more at link....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back