OH OH - Richard Beasley & Brogan Rafferty, 3 Craigslist killings, Noble County, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Possible 3rd Ohio Craigslist victim died in August

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A man suspected of being the third fatal victim of a deadly Craigslist robbery scheme died in August, weeks before the suspected killings of two other victims, according to the man's death certificate.

The body of Ralph Geiger was discovered Nov. 25 in Noble County in rural southeastern Ohio during an investigation into two other deaths and the wounding of a fourth man

more at link ......................

http://amarillo.com/news/texas-news/2011-12-06/possible-3rd-ohio-craigslist-victim-died-august

Possible 3rd Ohio Craigslist victim died in August

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A man suspected of being the third fatal victim of a deadly Craigslist robbery scheme died in August, weeks before the suspected killings of two other victims, according to the man's death certificate.

The body of Ralph Geiger was discovered Nov. 25 in Noble County in rural southeastern Ohio during an investigation into two other deaths and the wounding of a fourth man

more at link ......................

http://amarillo.com/news/texas-news/2011-12-06/possible-3rd-ohio-craigslist-victim-died-august

Wasn't there speculation that the ad was put up in Oct? This would suggest that the ad may have been put up even earlier.

Anyone good with timelines?

The way I am seeing this is that first Geiger was killed. Then a month went by and after about a month and a half Pauley was killed. Then the attempted murder happened, and failed. Then Kerns was killed.

I'm thinking that after Geiger was killed they let a month pass to kinda cope with the fact that they really did it, to maybe watch to see if there was any kind of reaction. After a month and a half they were ready to try again. But it went quickly then. The end of Oct. is when Pauley was killed, the first of Nov. the attempt then mid Nov. Kerns was killed. Almost like they were headed for one murder every week or two. I too was surprised that there was no delay after the attempt failed.

One thing I haven't heard is if they used their own names in their talks with prospective employee/victims. My assumption is that they din't, since they interviewed some and didn't "hire" them. The guy who said he was interviewed but not hired indicated that he recognised the story/pictures on TV, he didn't say he recognized the names.

Ohio coroner: Possible 3rd Craigslist scam victim died in August, weeks before 2 other deaths
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...efore-others/2011/12/06/gIQAWfAOZO_story.html

Some of the delay on filing charges against Beasley has been jurisdiction issues. This is a good discussion of the issues. And evidently the issues aren't all over yet.

Prosecutors to seek death penalty in Craigslist slayings case
http://bostonherald.com/news/nation...eek_death_penalty_in_craigslist_slayings_case

I'm wondering if all the jusisdictional issues might have been the reason for the early gag order? The kinda quick gag order?

I wonder what other free advertising resources are available in the area. We have several weekly classified ad papers that are free to advertise in.

The linked article is a very indepth account of this crime. All they omitted was the juvenile's name. Kinda' late for that. It's already all over the place.

fran

Craigslist slayings stun authorities and anger residents of tiny Noble County

CALDWELL, Ohio --
Scott Davis hid for seven hours in the dense woods of Noble County, looking for a way out of the hell of being hunted.

With a bullet hole in his right arm, Davis made it to a home on Radio Ridge Road, one of hundreds of desolate paths that wind through miles of rolling hills in southeast Ohio.

Davis emerged from the woods Nov. 6 with a tale so frightening that it has stunned law enforcement and shaken a tiny county with the population of Bay Village to its knees. It also shined a light on how the most diabolical of plots are, in today's technology-driven society, just a mouse click away.

"If that guy hadn't gotten away, it would have been a long time before anyone would have heard anything about this," said Noel McFarland of Caldwell, which is the county seat of Noble County.

Davis, 48, formerly of Canton, answered a phony Craigslist ad for a job offering $300 a week for someone to watch over a 688-acre cattle farm in Noble County. Authorities say the ad's creators preyed on men looking for a better life but who were actually lured into a death trap. Law enforcement officials have not described a motive, but some suspect it could have been robbery or identity theft.

more at link ...........................http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/12/craigslist_slayings_stun_autho.html

i dont think geiger's connection is from add for job, i was searching for job on craigslst all of august and clear up til oct 10 and never seen the add til then, and i answered the add got hired and packed my belonging to move to noble county,as you can tell i didnt move there, im alive and well just really stressed about the murders,beasley had a friend in noble county from prison, i read in a report i found on the internet, i also read another report that pauleys sister reported to ohio and parkersburg wv her brother missing before davis was shot in the arm,so where was the alert for a person missing,connected to craigslist caretaker on cattle farm add. Beasley did have a phony name, he also had several adds for the job and the add read 668 acres none of them said 688 as for the kid didnt know of him.

Hello Livedtotellmystory. Welcome to WS! Glad you made it and glad you are here to talk to us.

I would love to ask you some questions about your experience, but don't want to make you too anxious or to make you uncomfortable.

i dont think geiger's connection is from add for job, i was searching for job on craigslst all of august and clear up til oct 10 and never seen the add til then, and i answered the add got hired and packed my belonging to move to noble county,as you can tell i didnt move there, im alive and well just really stressed about the murders,beasley had a friend in noble county from prison, i read in a report i found on the internet, i also read another report that pauleys sister reported to ohio and parkersburg wv her brother missing before davis was shot in the arm,so where was the alert for a person missing,connected to craigslist caretaker on cattle farm add. Beasley did have a phony name, he also had several adds for the job and the add read 668 acres none of them said 688 as for the kid didnt know of him.

In the article that I posted it is said that Geiger was in a homeless shelter in Akron. Beasley worked with the homeless. So it isn't hard to figure how he might have come in contact with Geiger. Probably met him, started the con, then went from there.

If you don't mind saying, have you spoken with LE yet? (Law enforcement)

Are you from Ohio?

I live in Ohio also.

Can you tell us what went on with you? Did you 'interview' with Beasley? Was anyone with him at that time? You said you packed up, what stopped you from going?

When you interviewed with Beasley, what was your impression of him? From what is being said about him, I get the impression that he has quite a line, that he gives a good impression.

Was there any point that you questioned him or what he said, even if only to yourself? Anything about the situation that struck you as odd?

Did you do your interview in Akron? I am from southern ohio so the specific place won't mean anything to me. But I do wonder if you interviewed with him at the same place that others interviewed with him.

Do you think or have the impression that anyone else was involved? Other than the teen I mean, I know you said that you knew nothing about the teen.

When you interviewed with him and looking back on it now. Did he seemed to have been interested in things you might have owned? Did he have any questions about what you have or how much you have?

Did he ask direct questions about your family or people who were close to you?

i interviewed with him, he drove to my house the next day, he was alone, seen all of my belongings he left, the next day called me and said i had the job,2 days later called and said his uncle would buy my vehicles keep one for the farm, my truck, and i could still use the truck on the farm,but a day later beasley called and asked if he could take my vehicles, before i drive down to caldwell without paying for them, offered to pay me when i arrived in caldwell. red flags were flying high at that point,i told beasley theres no way i will give up my vehicles without the cash, and i thought all night about it and didnt sleep well, got online that morning and did a property search and found out the name and property address didnt match, i questioned him about it, he said he gave me wrong address and name by accident, then i said theres lots of scams in this world someone could try to get my vehicles before i drive to my destination and kill me when i arrive to my destination and take all my belonging in the uhaul, so i told him this doesnt feel right, im not moving to caldwell, come to find out weeks later i was totally right.was'nt sure until then,i had no proof of his trechery

Smart to think of checking the property owner online. Not everyone would have thought of that. Scary to think that if he hadn't pushed to get the vehicles, you might have gone for it.

How did he think you were supposed to get to Caldwell if you had already turned over the vehicles?

You said you saw the ad in Oct. Pauley was thought to be interviewed and killed at end of Oct. I take it you were probably sometime before him?

He wasnt very brite asking for the vehicles and how would i pickup the uhaul without a vehicle. I have the feeling someone else is involved from noble county, i read he has a prison buddy there. From reading all the blogs on the net, not from here, but else where i feel people really dont understand what they read or dont read all of the articles and come up with these wild ideas that its all about hunt and kill thrill but,its not, its about theft and murder for the theft, you dont have to be unemployed to apply for a job, and just because your unemployed doesnt mean that you have very little for someone to steel, being on unemployment means you have worked and have acumalated lots of merchandise through the years you worked.

You said you saw the ad in Oct. Pauley was thought to be interviewed and killed at end of Oct. I take it you were probably sometime before him?

the 16th would have been the day i arrived there, and my last day alive, pauley was claimed to have been murdered the 23rd

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back