OH OH - Richard Beasley & Brogan Rafferty, 3 Craigslist killings, Noble County, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Livedtotell, in looking back through the job listings I noticed several similiar ads around that time. It doesn't sound like that one would have stood out as being different than some of the other postings.

You know, not "too good to be true" or anything else you are supposed to look for in scams. They looked like job listings that looked like other job listings. Nothing unusual.

Have you looked to see if the one you responded to was still up?

Also, you saw the listing, you responded to it and they made contact back to you. Did you wait long for the contact? How long before they interviewed you?

Mysteriew,the add above, says cash,place secure as it is secluded, i was told i would have a truck for the farm to use, and also, i was told by the accused that i did not have to be there on the weekends, extremely similiar to the add i answered, and the add above. the i add i answered was taken off craigslist by the 14 or 15 of October,

Thanks!

I'm glad they are investigating why he got released...twice. The first known victim was killed in August, then nothing else until October. That is a pretty big time span.

He must have been recruiting locally before he put the ad on craigslist. If the motive was robbery, why a homeless man? So many questions in this case!

i was asked if he showed any gay tendicy's toward me, by LE, witch the answer was no, maybe he got into a fight with the homeless man over that,and the drugs,or the homeless man knew to much about the accussed

Beasley was on line alot. I found he is BayWolf59 and he's on alot of those prison talk boards. One example:

http://www.prison-discussions.info/en/mq86vzr

Meanwhile he had a halfway house? Ya have to be mighty careful with that there. Indeed there are some that have rules, regulations and serve as they should. Then you get people who go opening their own house and taking everyone's social security disability check or if they work almost their complete weekly pay. Sounds like he was doing that plus running prostitutes out of there. I have no doubt there's unfortunately some missing addicts that lived out his house.

He definately knew what he was facing with the most recent charges.
Paroled in 89 and need to get parole dropped - Prison Talk

One of the previous media articles theorized that Beasley may have started the killings as a way to obtain new identities. He did appear pretty desperate about finding info about what the charges would do to him and finding out his options to keep from going back to prison in Texas.
Akron: Craigslist suspects planned to steal identities
http://www.wkyc.com/news/state/arti...aigslist-suspects-planned-to-steal-identities

Color me confused. He has been on prison talk in Jan. of this year asking about what to do about charges that could send him back to prison for life. But he wasn't arrested until July?

What am I missing or forgetting?

And why did Texas have a warrant on him? Wasn't he on parole in Texas?

OH - Craigslist Murders - Richard Beasley, 52 and Brogan Rafferty ...
websleuths.com › ... › Crimes and Trials › Serial Killers
4 days ago – Ohio to seek death penalty in Craigslist slayings ... Craigslist job ad will be charged with murder and attempted murder ... an agreement to let her office take the lead against Richard Beasley .... The guy who said he was interviewed but not hired indicated that he recognised the story/pictures on TV, he didn't ... this comment above is ron sansons situation, not mine, to direct this to my comments from this page 1 report on google is false,page 2 is correct

Color me confused. He has been on prison talk in Jan. of this year asking about what to do about charges that could send him back to prison for life. But he wasn't arrested until July?

What am I missing or forgetting?

And why did Texas have a warrant on him? Wasn't he on parole in Texas?

Are the charges he's talking about in prison talk the reason he was in jail in Feb - June?

His texas charges were pretty serious, in my opinion, but not serious enough for a life sentence. He claims 40 non-violent daytime burglerys. The minor charges he's talking about in January on prison talk aren't very serious either.

This whole situation is so disturbing. The criminal justice system failed on so many levels.

Ralph Geiger thought he finally caught a break on Craigslist.

He told friends that he used the library computer to search for work. On Craigslist he found what he thought was a perfect job.

“He said, ‘I finally got me a job. I can get back on my feet again,’ ” Lorentz said. “He was excited and I was excited for him. It sounded so perfect for him.”

The position offered him a steady $300 a week salary and the use of a two-bedroom trailer and vehicles. Geiger would essentially oversee a farm and put his handyman skills to work. On the downside, he told friends that the job required him to move to Tuscarawas County, where he would have no cell-phone coverage.

Seperate ad, seperate location from the one where the other body was found.

It is my understanding that Beasley was involved with a halfway house. There could be another angle here with the halfway house and Noble County.

There is a state prison in Noble County just outside of Caldwell.

Just what are the odds that an inmate released from the state prison in Noble County ends up at a halfway house up in Akron?

The 16-year-old Stow boy charged in the so-called Craigslist killings is now being held at the Summit County Jail.

Brogan Rafferty will be tried as an adult for aggravated murder and attempted aggravated murder in Noble County, but that county doesn’t have the ability to house a juvenile in its adult jail, Summit County Jail administrator Gary James said Tuesday.
http://www.ohio.com/news/local-news...t-killings-now-in-summit-county-jail-1.251340

I wasn't aware of the rules for housing a juvie in an adult jail. Interesting.

Before today I hadn't comprehended the distances involved in the crimes. Google says there is over a hundred miles between Noble and Summit counties. Travel time of almost 2 hours.

Beasley and Rafferty was from Akron (Summit county), the meetings happened in Summit County, yet some of the crimes happened in Noble county. Beasley is being held in Summit County, but Rafferty has been held in Noble County until now. Though Rafferty is now being transferred to Summit County and Beasley is already held in Summit county, the jail adm. seems confident that they can keep them separated.

Looks like Beasley was counting on that distance to protect him from detection.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4...code_result&ct=image&resnum=9&ved=0CGAQ8gEwCA

Livedtotell, I was thinking about you today. I was just thi nking that you lived for one more Christmas. How powerful is that? Hope your day is a happy one!

Craigslist suspect indicted on prostitution ring charge

snip..According to details in the supplemental indictment, at least eight women and one 17-year-old male were involved in the prostitution ring.

snip...Kotnick said she has been in contact with the county prosecutor who will handle the Craigslist case, Jonathan Baumoel, and expects an indictment of Beasley in connection with the shootings by the end of this month.
http://www.ohio.com/news/local-news/craigslist-suspect-indicted-on-prostitution-ring-charge-1.254694

Next hearing Jan. 26

Prime suspect Richard Beasley charged in Ohio "Craigslist murders"

Prosecutors would not speculate on a motive but Attorney General Mike DeWine said investigators are looking at "serial killings."

"Are there more bodies? We frankly do not know," DeWine said, appealing to people with any information about missing persons to come forward
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...d-beasley-charged-in-ohio-craigslist-murders/

Death penalty sought for Richard Beasley, accused Craigslist killer

A 28-count indictment was handed down against Beasley, said Summit County Prosecutor Sherri Bevan Walsh. Charges include nine counts of aggravated murder, one count of attempted murder, four counts of kidnapping and four counts of aggravated robbery.
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2012/01/death_penalty_sought_for_richa.html

A motive in the case remains unclear. But Walsh said they do know why the Noble County farm was chosen as the execution site, "but we can't discuss that at this time."

A gag order is still in place in Rafferty's case, but Walsh believes the teen "will be a cooperative witness."

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...murder-plot-faces-death-penalty#ixzz1k3Z1X9L5

They are saying that they are not positive that they have all the bodies.

Teen suspect charged in Ohio Craigslist scheme

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-suspect-charged-ohio-craigslist-scheme-193550097.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A juvenile suspect in a deadly scheme to rob people who replied to a Craigslist job ad in Ohio now faces a new set of criminal charges.

Sixteen-year-old Brogan Rafferty is to appear Monday afternoon before a Summit County Juvenile Court judge in Akron.

-----

Wiesner says Rafferty was charged with three counts of aggravated murder, one count of attempted murder, four counts of aggravated robbery and four counts of kidnapping.

More at link....

Confusion over rules governing prisoner transfers and lack of communication helps explain why a Texas parolee now suspected in a deadly Craigslist robbery scheme was mistakenly released from Ohio custody twice, according to a state prisons report examining what went wrong in the case of Richard Beasley.

The report says that while Texas correctly informed Ohio its warrant for Beasley did not allow him to be released on bond, a simple phone conversation could have cleared up confusion over Beasley's status.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/18/report-ambiguity-aided-ohio-parolee-release/#ixzz1m1dy6ku4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back