GUILTY OH - Sarah Widmer, 24, drowned in bathtub, Hamilton Township, 11 Aug 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To give you a different side of Ryan that you may not have seen yet:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9FgDeBhTc[/ame]

Wow Miss Optimism...that was a tear jerker!

Up until 6 months ago I lived in the same area where all of this took place. I was oblivious to this case until I saw a Free Ryan Widmer sign in a yard. I have now been following the live blog every day. There is so much doubt in my mind, I don't know how a jury could find him guilty. There are too many inconsistencies. Everyone involved was so sloppy. I know that doesn't make him innocent, but with their errors, I just can't be quite sure what happened. At this point, if I were on the jury, I would find him innocent.

The first jury got it right, he lucked out and got this retiral. Really hope that this jury finds him guilty again because he is. No doubt in my mind at all.

It's really a baffling case. I'm honestly not surprised with the outcome of the second trial.

Ok, I have yet to find an explanation for the two blood stains on the carpet under Sarah's head and pelvic region, and why her eyes appeared "jelled or matted shut, almost like she has vaseline on them". This is driving me nuts! Anyone have any insight?

I can understand why this trial resuled in a hung jury. Too much evidence either way. I had a good friend who died at twenty years old from "unexplained death". There was nothing found in her autopsy to suggest why she died. She just went to sleep and died. It really does happen.

My husband has this condition...it took over a half-dozen doctor visits for them to figure it out. He feels the "blip" every once and a while, and the only symptoms are light-headedness and feeling like he is going to pass out. Usually these "episodes" occur after he has had coffee. So far he has recovered from each episode but the doctor says if they increase, he will need a pacemaker. A lightbulb went off in my head as I was reading about Sarah...

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/L/long_QT_syndrome.html

If you read some other information about the syndrome, you will see that healthy, athletic women have drowned or nearly drowned from Long QT.

Some other things that stick out to me...call me strange, but I used to take baths and flip myself around in the tub so I was on my belly. Not sure why, just did. Something that occurred to me was if she had a headache, or was having sinus problems, she may have been trying to put her head/nose over the warm water for the steam. Breathing moist air is one of the first things a sinus doctor will tell you to do for a sinus headache.

Also, I would be curious to know if the water/mucus that came out of her nose and was possibly in her lungs was plain water or water that had bath oil or bath salts, maybe even bubble bath in it. Seriously, what woman takes a bath in just plain water? :) That could show she was in a relaxing bath and not Ryan holding her head in the sink or toilet, right?

Lastly, the TV having the game on in the bedroom proves nothing to me. Ryan probably came upstairs to watch the rest of the game, turned the TV on and then checked on Sarah. It's just what men do....

WOW! http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100721/NEWS0107/307210112

My question is where has this witness been all this time? Is this "bombshell" just now coming out so that the Judge will grant having a third trial? I live in Cincinnati and have followed this case closely, my husband gets so frustrated with me because he firmly believes Ryan is guilty (he works in the court system so I always feel he is jaded and he says I am naive). I do not feel 100% guilty or not guilty, I just haven't seen enough evidence to convict him. Hearing will be in August to decide if there should be a retrial or acquittal. Should be very interesting!

I think he is innocent. I had Sleep Paralysis many months ago and wonder if it is a possiblity she had one of the episodes after falling asleep in the bathtub. Such a sad story.

Bump!..going for a third trial. Anyone know if there was any explanation yet for the blood and/or "jelled eyes"? Even if it was possible that she died of a mystery disease, that still doesn't explain the jelled eyes, dryness of her body 2-3 min after Ryan called 911(even though her hair was wet), and her handprints going down one side of the tub. I think this "witness to a confession" is probably something completely unsubstantiated and will end up being worthless. Oh well, the rest of the evidence will convict him..again

Fran, you have pretty much articulated what I felt after seeing the 48 Hours show, I also felt reasonable doubt though my husband thought I was nuts. The thing I don't remember hearing is if she had water in her lungs to indicate she did drown?

Just an update for anyone interested. Ryan Widmer had his THIRD trial for the murder of his wife. He was found guilty of murder even though the prosecution added manslaughter this time along with murder. He was sentenced 15 years to life. WLWT, WCPO and possibly WKRC had daily bloggsing from the court during the trial. A new prosecution witness was a former stripper/drug addict that testified that Ryan admitted to her he killed his wife. Jurors said that the 911 call was what did it for them this time round. Of course, he will most likely appeal within the next 30 days.

:rolleyes: Well I know if I want to get to the truth of a matter I ask a stripper/drug addict

The 911 call tells me nothing as far as guilty of murder. He may have felt guilty that he didn't check on her sooner, that somehow it was his fault even though he didn't actually cause her death. People feel guilt all the time for not doing what they think they should have done. I don't think he did it. I hope he wins on appeal. There is not enough evidence to say he did it. I think it was an unfortunate accident.

Fran our scenario did it for me!

I am kind of surprised he was convicted again, I don't know what to think about Sarah's death. The circumstances about her sleeping disorder were just so strange, but then he could have used that fact against her. But what was the motive? I know they don't have to prove one, but was one given?

Some of the comments made by jurors in this last trial are troubling, to say the least.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...tions-?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

They did hold it against him that he did not testify and one also said that his lawyers did not prove him innocent. That is very worrisome to me.

Wow, who screened those jurors? I wonder if we need to start testing IQ's of prospective jurors.

I also think he is guilty. And here's how he could have drowned her without a fight:

She had a headache, her neck was hurting. He offered to massage/rub her neck. She was off-guard, not feeling well, and trying to relax. He may have even said for her to try to turn over to he could reach her neck better (not sure how big this tub was?). All he needed to do was shove her under water. If she really was already lying more on her stomach, then he knew she would not be able to bend her arms to fight back.

I do think she may have been in the tub, but by the time he staged the scene, drained the tub, her body did air-dry.

As for his clothes, he only had on his boxers when the first responders got there. I think he clothes got wet, so he took them off...

All JMHO... but his story just doesn't add up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back