Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm in Texas and I feel I need to be here for this girl.She has caught my heart......

Jashrema, too far away to help, but praying for your nephew and this dear young woman. I sincerely hope she is found well.

Someone mentioned this early on.... but many years ago, my dark haired cousin and her blonde haired cousin on the other side were riding bikes in the country during the day. A man abducted both of them (I believe they were around 9-10). He made them take their clothes off, tied them with rope, and made them sit on the floor in the backseat. He also held a knife to them. About 100 miles north of where they were abducted, he noticed they weren't the right girls, so he dropped them off in a field and they walked to the nearest farmhouse and returned home. My point to the story is...this man at some point realized they were not the girls he intended to abduct. Another brown haired & blonde haired girl that lived nearby had been riding their bikes on the same road, around the same times, for many days in a row. He had been watching their pattern. Another poster asked the question, is it possible that she could have rode her bike daily and someone had been watching her, waiting on her that night. Probably unlikely considering the area, but I wonder if anyone has any security cameras in the area that would have been monitoring that road continuously. It seems highly unlikely that someone decided they were going to abduct someone, and this road came to mind. If it was untraveled as much as people say, why would someone decide to choose that particular road. They might wait hours or days before finding a person on a bike, unless they saw her frequently on this road. Is it possible that she came in contact with someone at her gym and she told them her exercise routine or possibly another avid biker and she discussed her route with them. Just some thoughts.....

Aww, shucks. Thanks! That means a lot to me. More than anyone knows. :)

Los, we all love and appreciate you so much. You are always the first to bring our attention to the lost and missing. What a wonderful service you provide not only to those of us here at WS, but to the lost and missing and their families as well.

bbm - Can you please clarify, if you know - searches for today called off? Volunteer searches? Police searches? Resuming tomorrow?

The search was called off when bad weather moved in in late afternoon. The weather passed quickly and it was announced that searching would take place again but it did not. Everyone was just waiting. If LE was off somewhere doing there own search it was not known to anyone at the volunteer site.

Yes, they are planning on resuming tomorrow morning.

Jashrema, Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us updated. I know you must be exhausted emotionally and physically. What a nightmare! I am hoping and praying with all my heart that Sierah is found safe and soon!

Do you know if they are local contractors or from out of the area?

I didn't notice any signs in front saying who the contractor was. Usually, it is local or it is the owner themselves working as the contractor.

It is overwhelming out there. Just miles and miles of crops, corn, beans, houses and ponds. Then interspersed are these broad patches of dense woods. SOO many outbuildings and hidey holes. Just a daunting task to search. I do wish they would have Ohio Equasearch come in. LE has to invite them but they are SO useful and what a great resource.

I know we have Steelman's excellent map but do we have a timeline anywhere? It would be nice if we had all the specifics laid out to refer to IMO. I wish we could come up with some theories that don't involve foul play.

Someone mentioned this early on.... but many years ago, my dark haired cousin and her blonde haired cousin on the other side were riding bikes in the country during the day. A man abducted both of them (I believe they were around 9-10). He made them take their clothes off, tied them with rope, and made them sit on the floor in the backseat. He also held a knife to them. About 100 miles north of where they were abducted, he noticed they weren't the right girls, so he dropped them off in a field and they walked to the nearest farmhouse and returned home. My point to the story is...this man at some point realized they were not the girls he intended to abduct. Another brown haired & blonde haired girl that lived nearby had been riding their bikes on the same road, around the same times, for many days in a row. He had been watching their pattern. Another poster asked the question, is it possible that she could have rode her bike daily and someone had been watching her, waiting on her that night. Probably unlikely considering the area, but I wonder if anyone has any security cameras in the area that would have been monitoring that road continuously. It seems highly unlikely that someone decided they were going to abduct someone, and this road came to mind. If it was untraveled as much as people say, why would someone decide to choose that particular road. They might wait hours or days before finding a person on a bike, unless they saw her frequently on this road. Is it possible that she came in contact with someone at her gym and she told them her exercise routine or possibly another avid biker and she discussed her route with them. Just some thoughts.....

You can help today. That is why you are still here. Thank you for being so brave and telling your story. I already forgot it.

I know we have Steelman's excellent map but do we have a timeline anywhere? It would be nice if we had all the specifics laid out to refer to IMO. I wish we could come up with some theories that don't involve foul play.
We absolutely can do that.

Just got back from the site. There were no searches being conducted when I got there about 8PM. LE had called off searches. Many people there but very quiet. The family had not been updated yet. The weather was fine, quite nice actually.

Her cell phone was NOT found

There was NO SHOE found at site of disappearance

The mood is very somber. This is our 3rd night that she has not been home.

LE's command center at the high school is VERY busy. They do not let anyone in there as far as family. When people enter they are photographed and license plate tagged. But family has never been in there. There was much activity there tonight.

When I left..family had not been updated. Everyone is exhausted but committed to finding her. Nobody eats..nobody sleeps...it's really awful.

Sierah had taken a self defense class w her aunt previously.
Sending my squeeziest hugs.

It is overwhelming out there. Just miles and miles of crops, corn, beans, houses and ponds. Then interspersed are these broad patches of dense woods. SOO many outbuildings and hidey holes. Just a daunting task to search. I do wish they would have Ohio Equasearch come in. LE has to invite them but they are SO useful and what a great resource.

Jashrema, <modsnip> I can help you get in contact with them. Like you said, they need LE's approval to come out and search, but I can at least get you in contact with them to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3