Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jashrema, <modsnip> I can help you get in contact with them. Like you said, they need LE's approval to come out and search, but I can at least get you in contact with them to start.
Welcome to WS :)

Los, we all love and appreciate you so much. You are always the first to bring our attention to the lost and missing. What a wonderful service you provide not only to those of us here at WS, but to the lost and missing and their families as well.
I agree!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I watched the interview that was recorded late last night with the FBI agent which was causing a buzz yesterday evening. Although some people seem to be of the opinion that he was being evasive with his answers and is withholding information, I don't think that's the case.

This is simply a textbook example of how LE is being trained to give interviews to the media now.
1) Call a press conference to "update" the public.
2) Make sure the press conference starts later than scheduled.
3) Refuse to answer reporters questions based on the term "active investigation".
4) Make a concentrated effort not to confirm or deny anything.
5) Stress that the public should be forthcoming, helpful, and open with law enforcement.
6) Remind the reporters again about the "active investigation" escape clause, and then refuse to be forthcoming, helpful and open.
7) Promise that further "updates" will be scheduled soon.
8) At next press conference, repeat steps 1-7.

Congratulations !! Much like a Seinfeld episode, you've learned to give a press conference about nothing !

Find the interview at this link: https://www.facebook.com/13abc/?fref=nf

Scroll down to the screen showing the heavyset guy in the blue shirt.

They aren't saying anything because they don't have anything.

I have just now tuned into this story after hearing about it lately. It reminds me of Chelsea Brucks's story and how hard it hit the surrounding area. (Her sister even posted in her group about this particular story and memories it is bringing back.) I am from near where she was found so only about 40 min from Toledo. The comments above about the LE only stating " no comment" also reminds me of Bruck's press conference. They did not and still don't release many details due to it being an active investigation. The perp could be following the story. I know most of us know that already but just something to remind ourselves of.
Stories like this just blow my mind how things like this happen more regularly now. The story of the girl shackled in the basement in Toledo came to mind but as I looked it up again, it seems it was her family members that had her.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2016/05/19/girl-held-captive-toledo-basement/84599834/

Sorry for rambling kind of off topic. Unfortunately it seems nobody is "safe" anymore anywhere. Stay aware and continue to share the story. [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just now tuned into this story after hearing about it lately. It reminds me of Chelsea Brucks's story and how hard it hit the surrounding area. (Her sister even posted in her group about this particular story and memories it is bringing back.) I am from near where she was found so only about 40 min from Toledo. The comments above about the LE only stating " no comment" also reminds me of Bruck's press conference. They did not and still don't release many details due to it being an active investigation. The perp could be following the story. I know most of us know that already but just something to remind ourselves of.
Stories like this just blow my mind how things like this happen more regularly now. The story of the girl shackled in the basement in Toledo came to mind but as I looked it up again, it seems it was her family members that had her.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2016/05/19/girl-held-captive-toledo-basement/84599834/

Sorry for rambling kind of off topic. Unfortunately it seems nobody is "safe" anymore anywhere. Stay aware and continue to share the story. [emoji1374]

There is a set of train tracks right near where Sierah went missing, and those train tracks lead right to Flat Rock where Chelsea was found. Could be a coincidence, but as soon as I saw those tracks on the map it made my heart sink. I hope they have checked near the tracks. This reminds me of Chelsea too. And MI has no shortage of young, white, females that have disappeared.

Jashrema, do you know if they have checked near the railroad tracks at all? My heart goes out to you. I hope she is found soon.

I keep seeing her face pop up in my fbook feed and it's so sad.

I'm going to go lock my kids in their rooms now.

[emoji22]

If someone was training for a triathlon, they might go from the bike to a run. Does anyone know if that's something she might have had interest in doing?

I fell asleep about 5am, I've just got around to posting but soon as I woke I came here. SO relieved not to see that dreaded red tag at the front of the thread title, I held my breathe!

#FindSierah

McKenzie KuehnleinVerified account &#8207;@mckenzie13abc 12m12 minutes ago
UPDATE: search for Sierah Joughin resumes today at NOON. If interested in volunteering- meet at fire station in Metamora.

#BringSierahHome

https://twitter.com/mckenzie13abc

thank you skib for being here-just seeing you calms me down.

Please let's get this girl home.

Wasn't today's search supposed to commence at 8:00AM? Now it's scheduled to begin at noon. Why the delay? It's going to be very hot this afternoon. Would make sense to start earlier. :moo:

Just finished reading from the first page :( Praying along with so many others they find this girl soon - and safe.

Aww, shucks. Thanks! That means a lot to me. More than anyone knows. :)

los, I appreciate how hard you work and all the threads you start for our missing. You have alerted me to many that tug my heart and force me into action in some way, be it sharing on FB, following threads, sharing posters, etc.

Michigan/Ohio border has lost too many young people. My heart just pounds when I think about them and their loved ones. How do they disappear so easily these days?

Temps will be nearing 100 degrees this afternoon :-( A hard day for the searchers.

I keep seeing her face pop up in my fbook feed and it's so sad.

I'm going to go lock my kids in their rooms now.

[emoji22]

Yes it is very sad, KrazyKatLadi. During a lull yesterday evening, I typed Sierah Joughin into the facebook search box. Her facebook page is still up and although only a snapshot of her life, illustrates how much she is loved, and just how amazing of a person she really is.

Sierah-Joughin - Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/sierah.joughin?fref=ts

I fell asleep about 5am, I've just got around to posting but soon as I woke I came here. SO relieved not to see that dreaded red tag at the front of the thread title, I held my breathe!

#FindSierah

BBM
I was afraid to look here. So thankful searches are continuing.

los, I appreciate how hard you work and all the threads you start for our missing. You have alerted me to many that tug my heart and force me into action in some way, be it sharing on FB, following threads, sharing posters, etc.

Michigan/Ohio border has lost too many young people. My heart just pounds when I think about them and their loved ones. How do they disappear so easily these days?

Temps will be nearing 100 degrees this afternoon :-( A hard day for the searchers.

<Respecfully BBM for Focus>

How do they disappear so easily these days? Spellbound, that is a great question. It is not only happening on the
Michigan/Ohio border, but all across the US and beyond. When a loved one goes missing and becomes a victim of this silent epidemic, their families, friends, and loved ones are involuntarily inducted into the fraternity of the new life's normal. A fraternity that grows each year, yet no one wants membership in. A member's life will never be the same as it was the day before their loved ones vanished.. Fortunately there are many professionals and volunteers that lend support to this fraternity..

Someone mentioned Texas Equusearch in an earlier post. Another excellent national SAR and advocacy org that is not as well known is CUE<Community United Effort>

TOGETHER... WE ARE CUE (Community United Effort)
[video=youtube;x5rB2LTw1j4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5rB2LTw1j4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member