GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://m.wtol.com/toledonewsnow/db_347256/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=IusilpY6

Honorable Judge Jeffery Robinson said he will hand down James Worley's final sentence on April 18.

The jury is still deliberating as of Wednesday after hearing closing arguments from both the defense and the prosecution.
However, whenever their decision is made, Worley will not be officially sentenced until that date.
More ....

We can meet at my house and we can have a seafood/hobo dinner or whatever everyone wants. I love to cook and host. Lol maybe I should ask my husband first.... but its a good thought, right?!??

I am serious though about hosting if we can coordinate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we will have to do both! Not everyone is going to always be able to make just a one-time event. Lovely of you to offer, crazy lady! I love “hobo dinners”

I always thought so but someone posted recently that another murder asked to be excused and left.

Am I allowed to post that without going back and finding it? Does anyone else remember seeing that post?

In Michigan jeffrey willis killed Rebekah Bletsch and was allowed to leave the courtroom because he did not want to hear the victim impact statements.

Per WTOL 11, Judge Robinson said he will hand down JW final sentence on April 18 to allow SJ family to come to court and make victim impact statement.

For those that are confused this April 18 is when the judge gives the formal actual sentencing based on the jurors recommendations that they will be giving shortly.

Remember that even though the jury will decide his penalty and provide their recommendations.....it isnt actually formal until the judge hands down his formal sentence at a later date.

With that said a very large percentage of the time the judge will sentence him in line with the jury recommendations. Its just important to know that they actually do not have to. Its up to the judge. They seldom vary much from the jury recommendations though so it would be an exception if he went against the jury.

Anyway this is the date April 18 the judge will give the formal handing down of his sentence and then he is carted off to the big house.

Very shortly we will get the jury recommended sentence and then jury will be let go to go home.

Per WTOL 11, Judge Robinson said he will hand down JW final sentence on April 18 to allow SJ family to come to court and make victim impact statement.

Thanks TruthTracker. So glad to have this info and I'm putting it on my calendar now. BTW, welcome to Websleuths !!!

Legally he deserves the DP. In my mind if there is a staunch holdout I wont be disappointed. He will remain in a cage for the rest of his life. I'm good with that.

I always thought so but someone posted recently that another murder asked to be excused and left.

Am I allowed to post that without going back and finding it? Does anyone else remember seeing that post?

That was my post. In Michigan, Jeffrey Willis was found guilty and sentenced to LWOP for the murder of Rebekah Bletsch. He asked to be excused before the victim impact statements and was allowed to leave after the Judge was satisfied he understood his sentencing, right to appeal, etc. Apparently it was his right to leave before the victim impact statements, but Rebekah's family was upset and made their statements anyway. Afterwards, the county sheriff made a CD of the statements and played it 5 times on the way to Jackson and his orientation into the MI state prison system. Coward.

Jeffrey Willis. When refused to stay for sentencing, then blowing a kiss to Rebekah's family on the way out of court. The sheriff recorded the victim impact statements and they were played to him over and over in the van while he was transported to prison...something like 150 miles away.

(Just saw loreet posted this too..we were on the thread together)

For those who refused to stay for victim impact. When they get to Prison play it 24/7 until the die.

In Michigan jeffrey willis killed Rebekah Bletsch and was allowed to leave the courtroom because he did not want to hear the victim impact statements.
Yes! That's the one! And the sheriff's deputy played the recorded statements over and over...5 times.... as they drove him to prison!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I don’t know about Ohio, but Michigan has changed their requirement.

Jeffrey Willis (Rebecca Blesch case); larry Nasser tried to get out of it.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...r-willis-bletsch-victim-statements/409859002/

Defendants in Michigan would be compelled to listen to victim impact statements under legislation that moved through the House Thursday.
The House passed the bill 105-2 in honor of the late Rebekah Bletsch, a 36-year-old who was murdered in 2014 while jogging on a western Michigan road.

Another attempt to dodge victim statements occurred in January, when convicted child molester and ex-sports doctor Larry Nassar was set to be sentenced. Nassar wrote in a letter to Judge Rosemarie Aquilina that he wasn't mentally strong enough to withstand hearing the testimonies.
But Aquilina literally tossed his letter aside, opening up what amounted to more than 120 victims describing their experiences over five days.

Jeffrey Willis. When refused to stay for sentencing, then blowing a kiss to Rebekah's family on the way out of court. The sheriff recorded the victim impact statements and they were played to him over and over in the van while he was transported to prison...something like 150 miles away.

(Just saw loreet posted this too..we were on the thread together)
I was a little slow on that one. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes thanks for the refresh. Awesome he was made to listen after all.

Pardon this Canadian but is a hobo dinner a pot luck?

Pardon this Canadian but is a hobo dinner a pot luck?

In my day, lol...a hobo dinner is potatoes/sausage/cabbage/whatever that we used to boil in a garbage can in the backyard! It sounds a lot worse than it is...lol!

In my day, lol...a hobo dinner is potatoes/sausage/cabbage/whatever that we used to boil in a garbage can in the backyard! It sounds a lot worse than it is...lol!

LOL too funny

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back