GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey guys someone posted the appeal from JW. He had a MMPI done back in the 90's. This test is used by docs to see about stability , etc...we use to use them for engineering in the nuclear field. Well if you try and read past the scribbled out typed parts it looks like the doc was saying he was a stable individual and would never admit to guilt. I was reading on my phone. But this was interesting. I wish I could attend tomorrow and hear from his doc and family as to why he is like this. Then I would love for the judge to say...well Mr. We we all make choices in our lives and you have made very bad and evil choices. I am only the judge here on earth so it is my job to keep others safe and let God deal with you. So with that you will remain incarcerated and await the death penalty.

Defense attorney Mark Berling asked Fulton County Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Robinson to delay the start of the sentencing phase until 8:30 a.m. Tuesday because of “non-attendance of a witness and lateness of the report that we got from the forensic neuropsychologist.”
Judge Robinson agreed to resume Tuesday after a lengthy delay Monday, adding that the court was dealing with “a lot of stuff” regarding the case.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...sentencing-in-Sierah-Joughin-murder-case.html

Can somebody here refresh and or correct me please. The jury has been sequestered, but they were allowed to go home for Easter. They are now again sequestered?

TIA

Ok you are very pretty. I think you were in the front row. I am old enough to be your mom!
Awww thank you. Yep I was in the front row. I am 28 almost 29 :'(. I look a bit younger than I am. Getting old is no fun.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I wonder if any of his 3 subpoenaed relatives didn't show in court today:

http://www.wtol.com/story/37857175/...l-of-the-people-vs-james-worley-begins-monday
[FONT=&amp]
Updated: Monday, April 2nd 2018, 1:48 pm EDT

Three of Worley's relatives from northwest Ohio and southern Michigan were subpoenaed to appear in court Monday. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Court will resume Tuesday at 8:30 a.m.[/FONT]

My guess is they do not want the world to know they are related to a sociopath....and do not wish to save him....and are probably scared to death of him...especially if he gets out of prison in 25 years. God forbid he ever gets out alive. MOO

Hey guys someone posted the appeal from JW. He had a MMPI done back in the 90's. This test is used by docs to see about stability , etc...we use to use them for engineering in the nuclear field. Well if you try and read past the scribbled out typed parts it looks like the doc was saying he was a stable individual and would never admit to guilt. I was reading on my phone. But this was interesting.

Does anyone have a link to this? I would like to see it.

Thank you!

Defense attorney Mark Berling asked Fulton County Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Robinson to delay the start of the sentencing phase until 8:30 a.m. Tuesday because of “non-attendance of a witness and lateness of the report that we got from the forensic neuropsychologist.”
Judge Robinson agreed to resume Tuesday after a lengthy delay Monday, adding that the court was dealing with “a lot of stuff” regarding the case.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...sentencing-in-Sierah-Joughin-murder-case.html

JMO
This is regarding death penalty murder trials in general. And I am glad he was found guilty as charged so it has nothing to do with having any sympathy for him. The evidence was overwhelming in this case so no surprise there.

I'm just surprised they have the sentencing trial so quick after the guilty verdict. I am guessing it is done that way to not inconvenience the jury members since they have to use the same jury members for the death penalty determination sentencing phase and they want to be able to release them as soon as they can.

It just surprises me because it means that a defendant and his/her lawyers would have to assume their defendant is going to be found guilty in order to prepare in advance for that outcome. Seems like it would be hard to do that.

Its like you have to call all your relatives and ask them to be ready to travel to your city on such and such date if there is a guilty verdict. And they would have to make plans to travel in advance and then may end up having to cancel travel plans if you are innocent.

Maybe air travel costs are reimbursed by the courts?

Not that I have any sympathy for him at all. It just doesnt surprise me that it would be hard to get all the mitigation parts ready by a Monday following a Tuesday when you didnt even know that a guilty verdict was going to happen or not.

I guess all death penalty trials are handled this way. It just seems strange. Imagine him trying to make a call to relatives to request their presence even before the guilty verdict. It would be crazy and may have gone something like this.

JW-'Hey xxxxxx, would you mind buying airplane tickets and traveling to Ohio on Monday to say a few good words about me to keep me from getting the death penalty?"

xxxxxx-'What? Were you found guilty?'

JW-"No. The courts make us setup everything in advance'

xxxxxx-"What if you are found to be innocent?'

JW-"I dont know if there is a way to get your money back on the airplane tickets and loss of work time"

In this case we dont have that problem but it does make me wonder about other cases and why it is done this way. I am not sure if all DP Murder trials always have the sentencing phase of the trial so quick like this one.

Does anyone have a link to this? I would like to see it.

I found the summary to JW's MMPI in the document 1990_Case_File_Redacted under his PreSentence Report, Page 5 from Sierah's Thread #6, post 292 (not sure how to link to that post).

Thank you, original poster/finder!

I found the summary to JW's MMPI in the document 1990_Case_File_Redacted under his PreSentence Report, Page 5 from Sierah's Thread #6, post 292 (not sure how to link to that post).

Spell post...lets see if works

Links to Case Documents NotNice was able to obtain:

1990: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzj...9OWGFpbzA/view

2000: https://doc-0c-6g-docs.googleusercon...aHM?e=download

2016: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8M...R2NUFOX1U/view

ETA. . Those links don't work when I copy it over so I'm going to open them and repost them here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzjetrBVtSDvS1Fzel9OWGFpbzA/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8MNbEFjVAxjZUk5SGR2NUFOX1U/view

The third one, I can't seem to open and post

Several DP cases I have followed Hatfield have the sentencing phase right after verdict. By the way good to see you here. I think it best quickly after verdict. Jurors have heard and seen evidence that cant be unheard or unseen. These cases are tough on Jurors. Life changing for some. Not to take away from any victims loved ones. They have the hardest cross to bear.

JMO
This is regarding death penalty murder trials in general. And I am glad he was found guilty as charged so it has nothing to do with having any sympathy for him. The evidence was overwhelming in this case so no surprise there.

I'm just surprised they have the sentencing trial so quick after the guilty verdict. I am guessing it is done that way to not inconvenience the jury members since they have to use the same jury members for the death penalty determination sentencing phase and they want to be able to release them as soon as they can.

It just surprises me because it means that a defendant and his/her lawyers would have to assume their defendant is going to be found guilty in order to prepare in advance for that outcome. Seems like it would be hard to do that.

Its like you have to call all your relatives and ask them to be ready to travel to your city on such and such date if there is a guilty verdict. And they would have to make plans to travel in advance and then may end up having to cancel travel plans if you are innocent.

Not that I have any sympathy for him at all. It just doesnt surprise me that it would be hard to get all the mitigation parts ready by a Monday following a Tuesday when you didnt even know that a guilty verdict was going to happen or not.

I guess all death penalty trials are handled this way. It just seems strange. Imagine him trying to make a call to relatives to request their presence even before the guilty verdict. It would be crazy and may have gone something like this.

JW-'Hey xxxxxx, would you mind buying airplane tickets and traveling to Ohio on Monday to say a few good words about me to keep me from getting the death penalty?"

JW-"I dont know if there is a way to get your money back on the airplane tickets and loss of work time"

In this case we dont have that problem but it does make me wonder about other cases and why it is done this way. I am not sure if all DP Murder trials always have the sentencing phase of the trial so quick like this one.

As an attorney on a death penalty case you usually have a pretty good idea of how the case will go. You have all evidence revealed to you beforehand and plan your trial strategy accordingly. If the evidence is strong and there’s very little you can do to poke holes in the prosecution’s case you grab at whatever inconsistencies there are. Part of preparation is also getting your evidence together for the penalty phase to try to mitigate the punishment of your client. All this should and would be done well in advance. The forensic psychiatrist’s report being late is odd. So is the no show of a witness. If the witnesses were subpoenaed and failed to appear they’re in contempt of court and a warrant can be issued for their arrest.
It’s my feeling all of this is going to be used for his appeal. My hinky meter is really getting set off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an attorney on a death penalty case you usually have a pretty good idea of how the case will go. You have all evidence revealed to you beforehand and plan your trial strategy accordingly. If the evidence is strong and there’s very little you can do to poke holes in the prosecution’s case you grab at whatever inconsistencies there are. Part of preparation is also getting your evidence together for the penalty phase to try to mitigate the punishment of your client. All this should and would be done well in advance. The forensic psychiatrist’s report being late is odd. So is the no show of a witness. If the witnesses were subpoenaed and failed to appear they’re in contempt of court and a warrant can be issued for their arrest.
It’s my feeling all of this is going to be used for his appeal. My hinky meter is really getting set off.

Thanks for helping me understand.

I suppose most family members would normally be glad to make arrangements to try to help someone that has their life on the line.

It is a little strange how the defense was not ready to go. Lets hope they can get this sentencing phase back on track.

Several DP cases I have followed Hatfield have the sentencing phase right after verdict. By the way good to see you here. I think it best quickly after verdict. Jurors have heard and seen evidence that cant be unheard or unseen. These cases are tough on Jurors. Life changing for some. Not to take away from any victims loved ones. They have the hardest cross to bear.

Thanks Bravo. I forgot that it is freshest in the jurors memory too and its best to do it quickly before their memory of the evidence gets too old.

That is a good reason too to have it quickly after the trial.

JMO

Is teleconference a legal option for witnesses that live in....let’s say California?

Thanks for bringing them forward, loreet. You made it easy to find (my page #’s are different, but the thread and post # helped).

Links are in this post: (but they donpt seem to work now. I’m sorry)
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-July-2016-6-*Arrest*&p=12730400#post12730400

To quote a previous post, right click on the post #, copy link, paste the link.. Or on tablet (at least my ipad), tap and hold the post #, copy, then paste.

Spell post...lets see if works

Links to Case Documents NotNice was able to obtain:

1990: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzj...9OWGFpbzA/view

2000: https://doc-0c-6g-docs.googleusercon...aHM?e=download

2016: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8M...R2NUFOX1U/view

ETA. . Those links don't work when I copy it over so I'm going to open them and repost them here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzjetrBVtSDvS1Fzel9OWGFpbzA/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8MNbEFjVAxjZUk5SGR2NUFOX1U/view

The third one, I can't seem to open and post

hmmm ... I wonder why they don’t work now. I can’t get anything for 2000 now. Thanks for fixing them, dixiegirl.

The witness...his sister..was subpoened and she DID show up. She just left shortly after showing up but she was there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back