GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am just sitting in my car and the judge just now left.

I am just sitting in my car and the judge just now left.

Hopefully, you have a sunny day while you wait. Thanks for being there ... I hope things get moving this afternoon.

I wonder if Worley is supposed to sign off whatever the psychiatrist is going to say and has refused (reading “between the lines” from precious reports here from lcat and 13abc)

thanks so much for filling us in, lcat! I regret that he is getting any delay. And how is it a witness is delayed this long? It’s not like they didn’t have time to prepare. Sheesh. Hope the judge had a stiff whip :whip:

Sure am sorry you all have to be there while time is wasted. :grouphug: thanks again for taking time to let us know what is happening —- better than any tweet!

Thanks MamaP:

Taryn Lawson@cntarynlawson
#WorleyTrial mitigation/sentencing still not underway today. Advised things should get going around 1 p.m
Witness does not seem to want to tesitify. Its his sister that said she would be here but just didn't show up.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thanks all ^ Thinking of Sierah and all her loved ones today :grouphug: from :canada:

Witness does not seem to want to tesitify. Its his sister that said she would be here but just didn't show up.

His sister, the cop? Strange she would be the one.

Wow. I was wondering of it was his sister, remembering back to when the defense asked for an extension because of what they learned from her. I get the feeling (with nothing to back it up) that she wants to keep well away from this.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

How do you just not show up if you were subpoena’d? Isn’t that illegal??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re the sister: (from Dec. 2017)

[FONT=&quot]That expert recently interviewed Worley's sister, a police officer in California.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Worley's attorney told WTOL the information she provided was more than what attorneys expect, so the attorneys will require more work that cannot be done in less than a month.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It's overwhelming to have this sprung on you so close to the trial date," Mark Berling, one of Worley's attorneys, said. "So there is simply no way to digest all of that and conduct all the testing that has to be done and have any proper report filed by the trial."
http://www.wtol.com/story/37101797/attorney-asks-for-delay-in-james-worley-murder-trial

- - -

[why trial was postponed to March]
[/FONT]
Mr. Berling said an investigator for the defense had gone out to California to talk with Worley's sister and returned with “a plethora of information that we didn't” have previously. That information has been turned over to John Fabian, a forensic and clinical psychologist who is expected to testify as an expert in the mitigation phase of Worley's trial.
“The information that she gave us was very helpful,” Mr. Berling said after the hearing. “ I literally have a three-foot pile of documents as a result of [the] investigation. We sent that out to the neuropsychologist, and it's overwhelming really to have this sprung on you this close to the trial date. He said there was simply no way he could digest all of that and conduct all the testing that has to be done.”
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...elay-trial-in-Sierah-Joughin-murder-case.html

- - -

Re the sister: (from Dec. 2017)

[FONT=&quot]That expert recently interviewed Worley's sister, a police officer in California.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Worley's attorney told WTOL the information she provided was more than what attorneys expect, so the attorneys will require more work that cannot be done in less than a month.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It's overwhelming to have this sprung on you so close to the trial date," Mark Berling, one of Worley's attorneys, said. "So there is simply no way to digest all of that and conduct all the testing that has to be done and have any proper report filed by the trial."
http://www.wtol.com/story/37101797/attorney-asks-for-delay-in-james-worley-murder-trial

- - -

[why trial was postponed to March]
[/FONT]
Mr. Berling said an investigator for the defense had gone out to California to talk with Worley's sister and returned with “a plethora of information that we didn't” have previously. That information has been turned over to John Fabian, a forensic and clinical psychologist who is expected to testify as an expert in the mitigation phase of Worley's trial.
“The information that she gave us was very helpful,” Mr. Berling said after the hearing. “ I literally have a three-foot pile of documents as a result of [the] investigation. We sent that out to the neuropsychologist, and it's overwhelming really to have this sprung on you this close to the trial date. He said there was simply no way he could digest all of that and conduct all the testing that has to be done.”
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...elay-trial-in-Sierah-Joughin-murder-case.html

- - -

Ugh !!!!!
That's all I have to say about this. But one thing regarding his handwriting ... I could swear it looks totally different from that long one he wrote in 1990?? Does anyone have a link or photo handy for that document ??

Isn't it like 1:30pm there?? 6 hours behind me??

I'll have to come back and read up on your posts as I'm getting ready to do Skype with my sisters.

Oops just saw Bellecent's post! Thanks! I'll come back anyway and read "what" happened!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back