GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm trying to figure out Worley's agenda. Why would it be so important to have a press conference before the jury comes back?? Is his hope that the jurors will see or hear the news, as they've been instructed not to?? What's the goal? Doesn't he realize he's public enemy number 1?? I honestly think he would be a dead man walking if he ever were to leave prison.

Is he setting the stage for a future appeal to have merit??

It struck me that he put "Judge Robinson" in quotation marks. Is that blatant disrespect or lack of grammar knowledge. I do think someone helped him write the letter...he wasn't that articulate when he wrote to the judge after the RG case.

He hoping someone will fall for his alternative facts. I wouldn’t even call this pathological because I don’t believe there is any disease involved here. He wants sympathy because there is no one to “fix this” for him. (I’m not implying there ever was.) To me, this is him realizing he’s up shiitake mushroom creek.

I think it's just the narcissistic part of him. He thinks he is relevant. If u followed the Cherish P.Trial killer (Smith) thoroughly enjoyed his days in Court. Mugging for pics etc. Worley sure is a high profile target. He just doesn't see himself as we do. He has lost all his power. I'm betting that makes him extremely angry :happydance: It's all about him in his twisted little mind. IMO

It would be interesting to have a fake press conference - not real because he doesn't deserve that platform. But the curious mind in me would like to know what he has to say.

Not to take this off topic, but there have been numerous times over the years I've thought about writing to the man who kidnapped, raped and murdered my cousin. I have never worn rose colored glasses and I've always had a need-to-know brain - it's how I work I guess. I think the same about Worley. I don't want excuses - I want a confession and I want to know WHY. I'm not talking about the gory details. I study people and I want to know why people do the things they do and I want to know more about Worley's past - NOT to use as an excuse because there is none.

I hope this makes sense and no one finds my opinion offensive. I arrive at wanting to know information as someone who has been where Sierah's family is so I have the upmost respect and compassion for them.

So very, very sorry you lost your cousin in such a horrific manner. It's perfectly normal for us humans to seek answers to what we do not understand.

Did they show his written letter in the news as well? The link doesn't let me read without paying? I don't blame them for marketing just asking in case I missed something. :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Did they show his written letter in the news as well? The link doesn't let me read without paying? I don't blame them for marketing just asking in case I missed something. :)

Clear cookies and it should let u back in.

If it is The Blade hit print and just read it from that window without printing it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm trying to figure out Worley's agenda. Why would it be so important to have a press conference before the jury comes back?? Is his hope that the jurors will see or hear the news, as they've been instructed not to?? What's the goal? Doesn't he realize he's public enemy number 1?? I honestly think he would be a dead man walking if he ever were to leave prison.
This letter and the self-importance of this killer angers me. I hope no press, no paper, no reporter, will give him the 5 minutes he seems so desperately to crave. We have watched other cases where the defendent is allowed to give jailhouse interviews and IMO I learn nothing from them. If the guilty party did give an honest 'this is why I committed this crime and took this beautiful young woman's life' I do not think it would make the loss and grief easier for Sierah's family and loved ones.

He had his opportunity to tell his story, his side, his truth, during the trial. It was his right to take the stand on his own behalf and be questioned by his own attorney and cross-examined by the prosecution. Clearly he and his attorney elected to pass at that time. I am sure he expects questioning by the media would be easier, more lenient and favorable to his case than a cross-examination by the prosecution, which is why he wants interviews.

Does anyone know if he is allowed that same opportunity to be questioned on the stand during the sentencing phase?

We all know how he loves "letter writing". The one to the judge regarding Robin was 32 pages long.

He puts "Help" in his letter. . Help? Seriously? He didn't hear Ce's cries for help. Nobody should hear his either.

We all know how he loves "letter writing". The one to the judge regarding Robin was 32 pages long.

He puts "Help" in his letter. . Help? Seriously? He didn't hear Ce's cries for help. Nobody should hear his either.

AMEN! I wish i could hit the "[emoji173]" button a million times to your statement!

This letter and the self-importance of this killer angers me. I hope no press, no paper, no reporter, will give him the 5 minutes he seems so desperately to crave. We have watched other cases where the defendent is allowed to give jailhouse interviews and IMO I learn nothing from them. If the guilty party did give an honest 'this is why I committed this crime and took this beautiful young woman's life' I do not think it would make the loss and grief easier for Sierah's family and loved ones.

He had his opportunity to tell his story, his side, his truth, during the trial. It was his right to take the stand on his own behalf and be questioned by his own attorney and cross-examined by the prosecution. Clearly he and his attorney elected to pass at that time. I am sure he expects questioning by the media would be easier, more lenient and favorable to his case than a cross-examination by the prosecution, which is why he wants interviews.

Does anyone know if he is allowed that same opportunity to be questioned on the stand during the sentencing phase?
loreet I have found this link real helpful when I was trying to get the hang on the court system & trials.

Scroll down down about 3/4 of the way for sentencing. Hope it helps you. Sadly yes if I read it right he still has a chance to spew his venomous words.

http://www.fremstadlaw.com/criminal-case/

If it is The Blade hit print and just read it from that window without printing it.

Thanks for that helpful tip CZL496 I foresee myself using that print button a lot! :)

http://m.wtol.com/toledonewsnow/db_348523/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=bdsmglE2

A gag order was issued by Judge Jeffery Robinson after he discovered Worley sent letters to local media offering an interview.

WTOL 11 received a letter but will not disclose its contents out of respect for Judge Robinson's order which comes at a critical time in the trial.

Below is the court order:.. . (At link)

Screenshot_20180330-230546.jpg

Toledo Blade published it tho..that rag. I don't know if any of you remember but the day of her showing, I was on my way to the funeral home and "breaking" news came out...the Blade had published the search warrant. They couldn't WAIT till after her showing. They HAD to be first. Nobody else ran with it except them at that time. It wasn't a "scoop"...it was for money in their pockets. NOBODY at that funeral home knew that it had just come across the air that there was a buried freezer, meat hooks, etc. It was so shocking. I had to fly into the funeral home and pull my sister aside and tell her what they just announced so she could decide if she wanted to tell josh before some *advertiser censored****** did. Now, they do the same thing. I loathe the Blade.

http://m.wtol.com/toledonewsnow/db_348523/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=bdsmglE2

A gag order was issued by Judge Jeffery Robinson after he discovered Worley sent letters to local media offering an interview.

WTOL 11 received a letter but will not disclose its contents out of respect for Judge Robinson's order which comes at a critical time in the trial.

Below is the court order:.. . (At link)

View attachment 132232
Has the gag order been lifted now?

Has there been any revised Order of the Court to date?

Was this Order in place only until the Verdict was read or until Sentencing & all Court procedures pretaining to this Trial over?

Can't those who disobeyed this Order be held accountable?

Media although many times can be helpful it is also out of control on so many levels especially with modern one click technology!

Has the gag order been lifted now?

Has there been any revised Order of the Court to date?

Was this Order in place only until the Verdict was read or until Sentencing & all Court procedures pretaining to this Trial over?

Can't those who disobeyed this Order be held accountable?

Media although many times can be helpful it is also out of control on so many levels especially with modern one click technology!

It looks the gag order was just issued 2 days ago after the Guilty verdict." It states all parties from having contact to conversation with the media until after the Courts has had the opportunity to thoroughly discuss this matter with the Counsel and defendant.
..........none involved in the case is aloud to have contact with any media source of any kind until further Order of the Courts
.......the Defendant can only speak to his lawyer and no mail sent"

So they want to see into why he is needing the medias help so quickly. It's Easter weekend I hope the judge and counsel spend time with their families not worrying about JWs needs.

Worley-Letter.jpg

Link: http://www.toledoblade.com/image/2018/03/30/x600_q65_p101/Worley-Letter.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delete you internet search history and you will be able to read more stories.... at least it worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My read of the letter was that Worley thinks his attorney is behind him and his ridiculous media request. But a re-read and he is asking them to contact Mark Powers specifically, not Merle Dech. Wasn't Powers the attorney that JW chose early on and asked to keep? And Powers was only allowed in addition to the death penalty qualified members of the team? The Honorable Judge's injunction indicates the official voice and position of JW's defense counsel (Dech) has no idea this request is happening. JW is trying to undercut his own defense team and strategy, either because he doesn't understand or agree.

Toledo Blade published it tho..that rag. I don't know if any of you remember but the day of her showing, I was on my way to the funeral home and "breaking" news came out...the Blade had published the search warrant. They couldn't WAIT till after her showing. They HAD to be first. Nobody else ran with it except them at that time. It wasn't a "scoop"...it was for money in their pockets. NOBODY at that funeral home knew that it had just come across the air that there was a buried freezer, meat hooks, etc. It was so shocking. I had to fly into the funeral home and pull my sister aside and tell her what they just announced so she could decide if she wanted to tell josh before some *advertiser censored****** did. Now, they do the same thing. I loathe the Blade.

I remember all that. It was sickening!!

Monday, April 2nd:
*Sentencing-Penalty Phase (Day 1) (@ 9am ET) - OH - Sierah Catherine Joughin (20) (July 19, 2016) - James Dean Worley (57) indicted on 2 counts each of aggravated murder, abduction & felonious assault; also with having weapons under a disability, aggravated robbery (dismissed), 4 counts of kidnapping, 1 count each of possessing criminal tools, gross abuse of corpse & tampering with evidence. DP case; (accused of abduction 26 yrs ago, spent 3 yrs in prison). Sierah's BF is nephew of WS member jasrema.
Court regularly starts at 8:30. Every Thursday will be a half day (starting at 1pm) in order for the court to take care of some house keeping things and for jurors to have a little break.
3/27/18: GUILTY of ALL charges!
Today: Testimony from State, Defense mitigating factors, final arguments, and instructions to jury. Their choices:
- Death; or
- Life without poss parole/
- life with possibility of parole after 30 years/
- life with possibility parole after 25 years.

:judge:

:rose: JUSTICE for SIERAH! :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela