Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought/am thinking about this too. An organized vs disorganized killer, and how this is related to their experience killing. But perhaps he just got careless, sloppy, smug...? Foxfire, what are your thoughts on this? (Or anyone else, lol.)

Margarita25, without knowing certain details of the crime scene/s and disposal site, it would be difficult to make specific conclusions at this time. Some serial killers are neither organized or disorganized, but are sometimes classified as mixed offenders. In JDW's prior known attempted abduction, he had handcuffs in his glove compartment which would be one indication of an organized offender.. JDW likely kept heavy duty nylon Zip or cable ties in his truck which do not draw suspicion, but are effective restraints.
Many serial predators get over confident due to their abilities to evade detection by law enforcement over decades. This invincible perception causes them to violate their rules of prey and is usually when they get caught.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/investigators/serial_killers.html
Home > Legal Articles > Legal Practice > Serial Killers - A Homicide Detective's Take
Serial Killers - A Homicide Detective's Take - By Nelson Andreu

Credentials and Interest
Common Knowledge
Genesis of a Serial Killer
Victim Selection
Victim Objectification
Denouement
Case Histories

Margarita25, without knowing certain details of the crime scene/s and disposal site, it would be difficult to make specific conclusions at this time. Some serial killers are neither organized or disorganized, but are sometimes classified as mixed offenders. In JDW's prior known attempted abduction, he had handcuffs in his glove compartment which would be one indication of an organized offender.. JDW likely kept heavy duty nylon Zip or cable ties in his truck which do not draw suspicion, but are effective restraints.
Many serial predators get over confident due to their abilities to evade detection by law enforcement over decades. This invincible perception causes them to violate their rules of prey and is usually when they get caught.

Thanks for your awesome response.

(And yes, I agree with the post above by alexwood, you should write your own book! You are always such a big asset here!)

I haven't seen this yet. All I know is that my daughter drives past his house to get home nearly every time she goes to the school. We all do. We live less than five miles away from his house. And how blind to feel safe in my own damn backyard. I am heartbroken, and so so proud of my community. Coming together is what we have done and will continue to do, to get justice for Sierah and her family, and anyone else whose life may have been affected by this .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:hug: for you, Vikingcountry. I am very local to the Monroe area case of Chelsea Bruck, and about 1/2 hour from Metamora. . The way the community came together was amazing, and a huge effort by everyone was put into finding her. With the arrest yesterday in her case, we will now focus on a trial, I am sure. The same will happen for Sierah's case/trial. We can be proud of the majority of locals for the support they share in times like these. Justice will come!

I do not even want to know why the remains are unidentifiable after a couple of days. This is heartbreaking. I have to wonder why I always hope they will be found alive case after case on here when I can only think of one case that the moment that turned out that way. I am so sorry for all of her loved ones. RIP Sierah :rose:

Like most of the country we have had some unbearable temps this week. Feels like is currently 102. I'm really hoping that's why as opposed to him doing something even more horrendous.

The serial killer who killed my family member is still sitting on Death Row after over 20 years. We Ohio taxpayers have been feeding and housing him all this time :(

I've often said that when I become Queen of the World there will be no life sentences as all those criminals don't deserve to live... take them out back and shoot them. In other words, they all get the death penalty after they've had their chance in court and one appeal... bam! done! No education, no free housing and meals. Done!

That obviously isn't reality but geez it doesn't make sense to house/feed/educate them on taxpayers $$$ when they have proved themselves to be violent criminals. JMO

I'm still curious how the specific motorcycle and helmet fit. Was it the perp? A possible witness? Maybe perp's alleged alibi?

Just coming back on see the change in thread title :( What a tragic outcome.

I'm so sorry! My deepest condolences to Sierah's family, her beloved boyfriend, and to you jashrema!

(Will now go back and read the thread.)

Like most of the country we have had some unbearable temps this week. Feels like is currently 102. I'm really hoping that's why as opposed to him doing something even more horrendous.

I believe that she was able to be visually id'd, if she wasn't I don't think they would tell her family she was found, however, just to legally make sure of identification, and of course to make sure of cause of death they are not going to say it is positively her until either DNA, fingerprints, dental impressions, etc verify that. They are just making sure all i's are dotted and t's are crossed in my opinion only.

I'm new here but have been following this thread for days. I grew up about an HR from her and in a very similar tiny farm town. I can't tell you the number of times I walked or rid my bike up and down my parents road filled with corn fields and never thought anything of it. This truly breaks my heart. I am so very sorry to get family and her boyfriend. These are the things you just wonder how? He should have still been in jail. Maybe someone needs to start a campaign for "Sierras Law" so dangerous criminals like him don't get released after 2 years like after his first abduction. I truly believe if he had spent more time in jail and stricter probation this could have been avoided.

Investigators also brought excavation equipment to the home of James D. Worley, 57 of Delta.

Worley is in custody at this time and additional charges against are pending.

Counselors are with the family and have asked for privacy.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Fulton-County-man-arrested-charged-with-abduction-387934332.html

I can't imagine their pain. Glad to know they are getting not only the support of the public and their community but of those experienced in helping them cope with this news.

Omg 57 years old...

From steelmans map

attachment.php

C is JWD's property. I have marked with a red circle where the remains were found, per MSM.

It's 2.5 miles

It's like he panicked. Makes me wonder if he knew LE was looking at him fairly quickly. Or he was watching the news coverage and saw they were searching very close to him.

Oh, jashrema. My heart aches for you and the rest of Sierah's family. Such devastation and despair.
Sending much love, strength and prayers to you all in the days, weeks and months that are ahead of you. xoxo

It's like he panicked. Makes me wonder if he knew LE was looking at him fairly quickly. Or he was watching the news coverage and saw they were searching very close to him.

I said similar, I think it might be just what happened.

From steelmans map

attachment.php

C is JWD's property. I have marked with a red circle where the remains were found, per MSM.

It's 2.5 miles

Thank you Skibaboo and Steelman. This is very helpful. Wow....practically perfect triangulation (and lateral plus parallel vertical planes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne