Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I did not know Sierah personally, however I have been following her case and this thread closely since the beginning, as I have a connection with her through friends and family. I am not from the area, but I have spent quite a bit of time there. My condolences, thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by her passing. I have heard many stories about what a remarkable person she was.

Everyone here at WS has provided valuable insight into Sierah's case, and your logic and intuition has opened the door for new leads; both in this case, as well as past and future cases.

Sierah's passing and the details involving her disappearance and discovery have lead me to do my own research on other missing persons and cold cases in the area. I have compiled a list of these cases, and continue to research them. I know that a mod had posted previously that we should not post such findings here, and that when more details were released, a new thread would be started. I will respect that request, however I would encourage everyone following this case to visit CharleyProject.org, which has a list of missing persons in each state, along with a detailed synopsis of their disappearance. There are quite a few that I have found that may be relevant, such as similar scenarios, dates, etc. I believe someone else had already posted a link to view cold case homicides in Ohio. I used the same source in addition to my own, and did not find anything of relevance other than what was listed there.

As for the perpetrator, I have also done extensive research and haven't been able to come up with anything that hasn't been discussed here already. No information on relatives, business relations, etc. Which may, in itself, speak volumes.

Keep up the good work sleuths! I will certainly continue to follow, as I would love to see this through to the end. Certainly for Sierah, but also for any other families that may have been affected by similar tragedies.

Thank you, jumpoff, for coming out of :lurk: mode, to join us with such an eloquent first post!
:goodpost:

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and perspectives on Sierah's case, and the others you've mentioned.

:welcome4:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, Jashrema! That was the piece that made me post that link.... The back stroke, as well as the harsh angle on the y. I know nothing of handwriting analysis, but for some reason that 'y' jumped out and bothered me. Thank you!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You mention the "Y" in the handwriting bothered you. It jumped out at me too. I noticed it right away because it's the same "Y" as written by serial killer Oba Chandler. Handwriting was the ONLY way he was caught. Just interesting

Hello all,

I did not know Sierah personally, however I have been following her case and this thread closely since the beginning, as I have a connection with her through friends and family. I am not from the area, but I have spent quite a bit of time there. My condolences, thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by her passing. I have heard many stories about what a remarkable person she was.

Everyone here at WS has provided valuable insight into Sierah's case, and your logic and intuition has opened the door for new leads; both in this case, as well as past and future cases.

Sierah's passing and the details involving her disappearance and discovery have lead me to do my own research on other missing persons and cold cases in the area. I have compiled a list of these cases, and continue to research them. I know that a mod had posted previously that we should not post such findings here, and that when more details were released, a new thread would be started. I will respect that request, however I would encourage everyone following this case to visit CharleyProject.org, which has a list of missing persons in each state, along with a detailed synopsis of their disappearance. There are quite a few that I have found that may be relevant, such as similar scenarios, dates, etc. I believe someone else had already posted a link to view cold case homicides in Ohio. I used the same source in addition to my own, and did not find anything of relevance other than what was listed there.

As for the perpetrator, I have also done extensive research and haven't been able to come up with anything that hasn't been discussed here already. No information on relatives, business relations, etc. Which may, in itself, speak volumes.

Keep up the good work sleuths! I will certainly continue to follow, as I would love to see this through to the end. Certainly for Sierah, but also for any other families that may have been affected by similar tragedies.
Welcome! Glad to have you join us.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel completely overwhelmed by the number of people "missing" or unidentified cold cases?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I haven't been posting much only because this case is so heartbreaking I don't know what to say. Words feel so empty sometimes and all I really want to do is hug everyone so deeply impacted by Ce's brutal murder.

I mentioned to my hubby earlier that it's been so phenomenal to see so many locals join the discussion. It really is unheard of in almost every case I've ever followed in all the years I've been here following cases. It really says a lot about this community. Y'all really should be proud of yourselves (and I mean that in the kindest most admirable way possible). I used to live in the country (smack dab in the middle of 100 acres of corn field) for 12 years, and I've never met more awesome people than country people. It's just a different world, but a good one.

I was doing some pretty deep digging yesterday & day before and found the Lincoln street location in Swanton. It's a plat map with 2 different locations (you have to open the pdf file and then run a search for WORLEY to find the two locations). One on county rd 6 and the other in Swanton. Direct link is here: http://www.fultoncountyoh.com/DocumentCenter/View/1414 I had to do a layover from google maps to see exact what street that is but it's definitely Lincoln. That said, I also discovered Worley is a VERY common surname in Ohio (much more common than I'd have guessed and it may or may not be the same person) so I don't know for a fact it's actually JD Worley.

I don't want to jump the gun but it sure does seem like this is good for much more than just Ciera's demise (and RG's nightmare).

Ontario Mom,
This is the finest example of sleuthing I've seen in a long time, JMO
Well done, very well done!
Thank you for taking the time!
:sleuth:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mention the "Y" in the handwriting bothered you. It jumped out at me too. I noticed it right away because it's the same "Y" as written by serial killer Oba Chandler. Handwriting was the ONLY way he was caught. Just interesting

The Rogers Family abduction case was the first time Billboards were used in a missing person investigation<FL> Two Billboards were also used in the Sierah Joughin investigation- 'The FBI's Billboard Iniative'

http://www2.sptimes.com/Angels_Demons/

'ANGELS & DEMONS' by Thomas French
<Pulitizer Prize Winning>

Chaper 1 Sunset
One year had gone by since the murders, and then another, and now the investigators were deep into a third. They were working day and night, working weekends, putting off vacations, losing weight, gaining weight, growing pale and pasty and haggard, waking at
3 a.m. with a jolt and scratching notes on pads beside their beds.

Their sergeant did not know if they would ever find the answer. As far as he was concerned, the case was not even in their hands.

Ultimately, he believed, it was up to God whether they made an arrest.

A born-again Christian, the sergeant carried a Bible in his briefcase. He had no doubt that both heaven and hell were real. He saw good and evil not as theoretical or philosophical concepts, but as absolute realities walking upright through the world. He believed in the forces of light and darkness. He believed in demonic possession. He took it as a matter of fact that Satan and his cohorts currently reigned over the Earth.

"I believe there are demons all around us," he would say, "just as I believe there are angels all around us."

And when he looked at the evidence from the case before them now, studied the photos of the bodies and the ropes and the concrete blocks, the sergeant had no doubt that he and the other investigators were pursuing someone driven by Satanic forces.

Of course demons were real. They were hunting one now.

<continued @ Link>

Is LE still at Worley's home? Also, several tweets today mentioned that Worley made comments to reporters at the hearing today, but I've not been able to find any video?

The Rogers Family abduction case was the first time Billboards were used in a missing person investigation<FL> Two Billboards were also used in the Sierah Joughin investigation- 'The FBI's Billboard Iniative'

http://www2.sptimes.com/Angels_Demons/

'ANGELS & DEMONS' by Thomas French
<Pulitizer Prize Winning>

Chaper 1 Sunset
One year had gone by since the murders, and then another, and now the investigators were deep into a third. They were working day and night, working weekends, putting off vacations, losing weight, gaining weight, growing pale and pasty and haggard, waking at
3 a.m. with a jolt and scratching notes on pads beside their beds.

Their sergeant did not know if they would ever find the answer. As far as he was concerned, the case was not even in their hands.

Ultimately, he believed, it was up to God whether they made an arrest.

A born-again Christian, the sergeant carried a Bible in his briefcase. He had no doubt that both heaven and hell were real. He saw good and evil not as theoretical or philosophical concepts, but as absolute realities walking upright through the world. He believed in the forces of light and darkness. He believed in demonic possession. He took it as a matter of fact that Satan and his cohorts currently reigned over the Earth.

"I believe there are demons all around us," he would say, "just as I believe there are angels all around us."

And when he looked at the evidence from the case before them now, studied the photos of the bodies and the ropes and the concrete blocks, the sergeant had no doubt that he and the other investigators were pursuing someone driven by Satanic forces.

Of course demons were real. They were hunting one now.

<continued @ Link>

I looked EVERYWHERE for this. That "Y" is so distinct. That's amazing. Thank you.

Atty Powers has been appointed co-counselor, and Atty Schaeffer has asked to be removed from the case.

I also don't know alot of legal jargon but wonder if Powers is "co-counselor" (because JDW trusts him) while they wait to appoint another attorney who is much more knowledgable to finish the "team" .

I can find practically zip on Crystal Proctor that was found in cornfield in Clark County in 1997. This is so sad that someone is thrown away and there is very little to suggest she was ever here.

I agree....barely anything...too weird

The handwriting link shows that he also worked as a mechanic on small and large lawn equipment. Until now I was only aware of him being known to work on atvs, dirtbikes, motorcycles.

Good God..look what Clark County Ohio has going on. This is a hop and a skip drive (couple hours maybe) I have been thru there several times. That I recall..20 years ago, this was a rural county made up of little cities and townships.

http://www.clarkcountyohio.gov/index.aspx?NID=222

I know jashrema!! I went down that path also because Springfield has a lot of murdered women. But hers's a creepy thought...what if his MO around his home is the hit the bike/abduction but a lot darker outside of his home turf. Around home is "opportunity" but much worse elsewhere. I don't want to think about who could be in that pool because we don't know what weapons he may have used etc. Remember he has had 26 years to go unnoticed...very scary guy!!

The handwriting link shows that he also worked as a mechanic on small and large lawn equipment. Until now I was only aware of him being known to work on atvs, dirtbikes, motorcycles.

Sorry I accidentally bumped the post button before I was finished. My point is, this might explain the excessive excavating they were doing on his property before and after CE was found. If he had access to large lawn equipment digging very deep graves was probably quick and easy for him and if anyone saw anything he had the perfect excuse - "I do this for a living"

Good God..look what Clark County Ohio has going on. This is a hop and a skip drive (couple hours maybe) I have been thru there several times. That I recall..20 years ago, this was a rural county made up of little cities and townships.

http://www.clarkcountyohio.gov/index.aspx?NID=222

Good heavens! So many unsolved murders! Heartbreaking. So many victims and families without answers.

I can find practically zip on Crystal Proctor that was found in cornfield in Clark County in 1997. This is so sad that someone is thrown away and there is very little to suggest she was ever here.

I tried to find info also jashrema. It breaks my heart. She is someone's daughter, sister, friend. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne