Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought when the judge unsealed the documents a few days back they became public records? I'm surprised that they are nowhere to be found now.

They are still public records.

They are available at the Fulton County courthouse and at the Fulton County Sheriff's Office for anyone to obtain and pay the copy costs for.

Most states (if not all) do not require that all public information be available online.

Media is certainly not required to share with the public the documents they obtain with their resources.

It is a courtesy when they do.

Hands that feed us get bitten.

Local media took a beating for reporting on the documents when they were able to get them.

Too much information.

Not enough information.

Balance?

I prefer they err on the side of too much information. JMO.

IMO, it is reasonable for the public to have an expectation that the media report on public information they obtain. That is at the essential heart of public information laws.

At the same time, the public has just as much of a right to obtain public information on their own, so that we may form our thoughts and opinions absent media filters if we so choose.

That can require that we take some action rather than rely upon others to do it for us.

Accessing public information is not a passive occurrence although the internet has afforded us some luxury in that regard.

::stepping off my soapbox::

I hope these documents (and others to come) do make their way somehow to the internets.

Optimist in me says they will in time.

Although this registry would be a good idea, I could foresee the lines getting blurred. At what point do HIPPA laws weave into this as well? I don't know, I am asking because wouldn't that jeopardize things here?

Worrying about his privacy and rights is what is wrong in this country. Why do these monsters deserve any rights? They sure don't give a dang about the victims rights why do we care about theirs. It is not as though this was an accident. He deliberately set out to harm and violate someone. IMO if you deliberately set out to cause harm to another person you should be labeled for what you are so the rest of society can decide how to proceed around you or if they want to be in your presence. What about all of our rights?

It is messed up that we are now providing him an attorney to make sure his rights are not violated as well as 3 meals, a bed, A/C, TV internet and medical care for free. Taxpayers are picking up the costs for all of the expenses his selfish act caused from the investigation through the trial and any appeals he files. I feel we have the right to know any and everything we want to about him. The victims rights were violated in every way possible yet society should afford him rights? There are many victims involved and only one of him. Her loved ones, his family and the community have all been harmed by him. So if feeling that he should have no rights is wrong then count me as the wrongest person there is because I could care less about him, his rights or if he is satisfied with how he is being treated.

They are available at the Fulton County courthouse and at the Fulton County Sheriff's Office for anyone to obtain and pay the copy costs for.

Most states (if not all) do not require that all public information be available online.

Media is certainly not required to share with the public the documents they obtain with their resources.

Local media took a beating for reporting on the documents when they were able to get them.

Too much information.

Not enough information.

Balance?

IMO, it is reasonable for the public to have an expectation that the media report on public information they obtain. That is at the essential heart of public information laws.

At the same time, the public has just as much of a right to obtain public information on their own, so that we may form our thoughts and opinions absent media filters if we so choose.

That can require that we take some action rather than rely upon others to do it for us.

Accessing public information is not a passive occurrence although the internet has afforded us some luxury in that regard.

I hope these documents (and others to come) do make their way somehow to the internets.

Good post and ITA.

So with the duct tape being found on his property and not listed with the items found in the truck I am guessing he forced her to ride with him on his motorcycle to his property.
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/A...n-Joughin-murder-investigation-388568052.html
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi...rary/152a43cc-ce42-45cf-8988-fd523e53e40c.pdf

I hope the underwear found on the property will yield DNA for LE to link to missing women.

Yes. DNA and his weird video/photo hobby to make it even easier for LE. If he really is a serial murderer, that is.

This is the OH reception process/medical screening for inmates. I don't see drug testing anywhere.

http://www.drc.ohio.gov/web/drc_policies/documents/52-RCP-06.pdf

Good find! Would this part qualify as drug testing?
attachment.php

Attachments

• fofqE00.jpg
    fofqE00.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 436
No. They take a drug history. I do assessments for a drug rehab and go to the jails to assess inmates for our program upon release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if HE was the guy with the faceless black helmet on a motorcycle.

I agree it is misleading. IF the bf had been getting texts between 7-10, I don't believe he would have been as concerned as he was to notify her family. I think it is more likely he heard nothing from her after 6:45.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here is a thought maybe her boyfriend texted her when he got back home and she stopped a second to read and respond. That would have distracted her attention and she may not have paid any attention and that was when JDW struck. IMO she had to have been ambushed, distracted or did not feel that he was a threat in order for him to get her into the corn where he most likely was able to restrain her. Or perhaps he had seen her riding in the past and set himself up with the broken motorcycle and she stopped to see if he was ok or needed to call someone. I am sure that while SJ may not have known JDW she had probably seen him and knew he was a local. My reason for thinking this she would have been able to use the bike as a shield or even a weapon. But IMO if she had been able to get a few steps on him and ran she would have easily outran him with both speed and endurance.

Mod Note:

This latest news is absolutely horrifying. My heart aches for all who knew and love Sierah.

I'd like to send a warm welcome to all our new members who have recently joined. We are so glad you're here.

For those who are local, just a reminder to please refrain from posting any details you may have "heard." Until information is released from an official source such as LE or MSM, we cannot allow discussion of possible rumors.

:bump:

Watch the Kurt Russell movie where his wife was kidnapped by a truck driver. The guy had a barn and kept her hidden in a deep freezer in a hidden area covered by hay. I think its called breakout.

Anyways this Worley could have got this idea of a set up from that movie. It was made in the early 90s I think.

But it ends well. But very on edge throughoutthe movie. Especially since the guy lived with his wife and kid in the main house while they knew nothing.

The movie is "Breakdown (1997)" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118771

I too am new here. I have been lurking for quite some time and now feel that I have something to contribute. It's very gratifying to see all the posts about sending prayers and comfort to the family as well as praise for the great job that LE is doing. Yesterday I was in line at a local fast food drive thru, not that far from Wauseon, OH, when I noticed a police car in line behind me. On the spur of the moment I told the cashier that I would also pay for the car behind me. So in this one small way I was showing my thanks. How great would it be if we could each just do one thing each day to brighten the day for someone else. Maybe a smile, a thank you or a hug. And these same acts might also brighten our own day, perhaps making it easier on each of us as we read about the poor victim and the unspeakable acts committed by the perp. In this or other ways maybe we can also honor the memory of Sierah. Jmho.

Maybe things didn't go the way he planned in his sick mind. He got nervous and rushed... It was dark and he couldn't find those items and fled scene. She was unconscious. Then came back later with his truck, put her in truck and then took to site where they found her.

It was the night of the full moon (July 19th) it wouldn't have been so dark that he couldn't see what he'd dropped... me thinks that if he took her away on his motorcycle, he didn't have enough hands to pick it all up and thought he'd have time to get back to retrieve them.

http://www.moongiant.com/moonphases/july/2016/

Sierah was laid to rest today. I would estimate there was approx. 5-600 people in church. The flowers were like none you've ever seen. Just beautiful. They had a large screen and smaller screens set up that were showing pictures of her life since she was born. The reverend that spoke was from Sierah's church. He mentioned just 2 weeks ago, her and Josh popped in at Sunday dinner time..had a chat and a bite and then left. He made a specific point to say that God did not cause this, or allow this. This was committed by an evil, evil man, the devil himself walked among us. Another woman told of a prank that Sierah pulled on the father of one of her friends (They we're always pranking each other.) She wrapped his truck in saran wrap..18 rolls, and added lots and lots of sardines to really make it smell nice. A friend of the families little girl , she couldn't have been more than 5 went up front and sang, very well too, one of Sierah's favorite songs which was ..."Sing, sing a song, sing out loud, sing out strong." This little one sang it strong too! Wasn't a dry eye there. The families left for a private burial and everyone was invited to a luncheon at Evergreen High School.

That whole community pitched in for the wake. They feed no less than 700 people! The community cooked and donated every bit of food and drink. It was a well oiled machine and "Sunday Dinner " food. The families did not have to lift a finger. It was quite wonderful and that really explains why MOST people live out in the country and in small towns. The sense of community and pulling together. It was a very long day.

Now it begins..

The little girl was NOT a friend of the family. She was Cece's cousin who is very close to her.

I too am new here. I have been lurking for quite some time and now feel that I have something to contribute. It's very gratifying to see all the posts about sending prayers and comfort to the family as well as praise for the great job that LE is doing. Yesterday I was in line at a local fast food drive thru, not that far from Wauseon, OH, when I noticed a police car in line behind me. On the spur of the moment I told the cashier that I would also pay for the car behind me. So in this one small way I was showing my thanks. How great would it be if we could each just do one thing each day to brighten the day for someone else. Maybe a smile, a thank you or a hug. And these same acts might also brighten our own day, perhaps making it easier on each of us as we read about the poor victim and the unspeakable acts committed by the perp. In this or other ways maybe we can also honor the memory of Sierah. Jmho.

:welcome5: Sunshiny, what a thoughtful way to show you appreciate Law Enforcement and their efforts. It may seem small but I bet it made that officer's day - that random small unexpected act of kindness.

Too much information.

Not enough information.

Balance?

Does anyone know how much the fee is to obtain a copy? If no one has released them by Monday I will go to the courthouse and get it.

I have been here since this nightmare started. Our worst fears given the time span of crimes appears that of LE. Hubby and I were away for a few days and came back to catch up. Too many posts to thank and too many new folks to welcome. My heart goes out to all those who loved Sierah and the Community as well. This is a dang tough one!!!!! I shudder to think what is left to come. RIP Sierah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper