Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought......has anyone thought that maybe he doesn't care about getting caught. That he's that out of his mind that being caught doesn't register. We are all thinking like normal people. We need to think like him. If only we cld get a better profile of the kind of killer he is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I personally think he didn't want to get caught. He kept a "secret room" and lied to police. My own opinion is that he had gotten away with this behavior for so long that he got lazy about covering his tracks.

Trying to determine if there were tire tracks in the actual cornfield, though. I'm sure there were tire tracks all over the ditch between the road and the field due to police cars and searchers' cars. But tracks in the cornfield itself from a motorcycle if he hid it in there???? This is the question here. Police would not be driving through the field.

I saw nothing disturbed past the first few rows. I did not walk deep into the field. The dirt was very very dry and there were no obvious tire tracks from a bike or a motorcycle leading into the corn that I could see. Also, if there was..I would think LE would make casts of that and I do not believe that was done. Don't take that as gospel tho because I have not ask that particular question.

Here's a scenario: this was a crime of opportunity. He drove past her and pulled off into the corn a row or two, looking like he was having auto trouble. Standing near or by the street, he jumped at her bike, possibly hitting her with the helmet. Thats how he is injured in the legs. Pulled her into the field and secured/subdued her there. Hid selves, his and her bikes a few rows deep. Thats how he is cut by corn leaves. It is dusk and people drive 50-70 mph - nothing to look at but corn. Not expecting to see anything, not looking for anything. 8:45 the sun sets. 2 hours he has been there according to his phone. She's taped and tied down. Maybe to her bike. He jumps on his bike and rides home and gets his truck. Goes back to get her quickly, but can't waste time. Can't look for his stuff. By the time he gets her home and unloaded, its really dark and when he goes back he can't find where he was and where his stuff is. By morning it is too late, people are already searching.

When you say "NWO and SEM" are you including Toledo and Detroit? We really don't hear about girls going missing from rural areas or small towns in NWO or SEM, but I suppose if you are talking about cities such as Detroit and Toledo, then perhaps.
Wood County has plenty, Monroe County has plenty. Lucas County has plenty. Where do you think these girls come from? Most are abducted and terrified to leave.

http://m.wtol.com/toledonewsnow/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:FIABt4FL

http://nbc24.com/news/local/wood-co...st-7-in-connection-to-human-trafficking-sting

http://m.wtol.com/toledonewsnow/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:s6rrfi5F

LE has his phone. I would think if there was evidence of calls or text during that time period, a second arrest could have been made by now. I hope so anyway.

Yeh. I don't think there was a second person involved. He didn't have any friends and LE would be onto an accomplice by now

In response to a poster a couple pages back..

When I was at the scene..yes, there were obvious TIRE tracks..all the grass had been flattened down in a wide area and 3-4 cornstalks in the 2 rows closest to the street were flattened down facing the street. BUT..LE had already been there and collected evidence. There was a a kind of "wideness" or separation of the corn but not as wide as a body walking thru it. LE had the site cordoned off the first 24, then it was opened, then it was cordoned off again, then it was open again and remained so. They had 3 orange cones on the opposite side of abduction site and 1 cone at abduction site along with a blue color stick? I believe. Again, when you are going thru the corn from this side of the street..3-4 rows back are easily seen..not hidden at all. You'd have to go back 20 rows to me to maybe not see the bike. I did not notice any corn bent BACKWARDS, only forward.
We are racking our brains trying to figure out how he transported her on a motorcycle when we should be applying Occam's Razor.

1. Maybe he wasn't on a motorcycle. He's a liar and liars LIE. No one came forward to say they saw a motorcycle in the area remember? The helmut could have been used instead of a ski mask. The blood found on his bike could have easily been transferred there once he was home. So..maybe he had his vehicle and is just lying about the bike.

2. Maybe there is a second person involved.
I definitely think there was more than one person. We are talking about a man who had been abducting at least since 1990 living in the same house with other people. All of that evidence and his family didn't know, BS! Even to know, you are an accomplice bc you're not trying to stop it.

Ten minutes ago I spotted a Delta based wrecker with a shiny red S-10 on it being followed by a Deputy Westbound at the SR2/SR109 intersection. Possibly JDW's?
the truck that I saw the BCI working on was green, not red. They had both the truck and the bike on the wrecker when I went back through town around 3:15.

My personal opinion is that he fabricated the story about the motorcycle and planted the sparkplugs. It gives him an excuse to have a screwdriver, and offers (to his mind) a bit of a defense. He was on a motorcycle, how could he possibly force Sierah onto his motorcycle? Therefore, it couldn't have been him and was obviously the person who was on the other bicycle that he definitely for sure saw.

He may not be the brightest star in the sky, but I think he's crafty and yes, a lying liar who lies.
I see this angle as a possibility. I've tossed that idea around as well.

Here's a scenario: this was a crime of opportunity. He drove past her and pulled off into the corn a row or two, looking like he was having auto trouble. Standing near or by the street, he jumped at her bike, possibly hitting her with the helmet. Thats how he is injured in the legs. Pulled her into the field and secured/subdued her there. Hid selves, his and her bikes a few rows deep. Thats how he is cut by corn leaves. It is dusk and people drive 50-70 mph - nothing to look at but corn. Not expecting to see anything, not looking for anything. 8:45 the sun sets. 2 hours he has been there according to his phone. She's taped and tied down. Maybe to her bike. He jumps on his bike and rides home and gets his truck. Goes back to get her quickly, but can't waste time. Can't look for his stuff. By the time he gets her home and unloaded, its really dark and when he goes back he can't find where he was and where his stuff is. By morning it is too late, people are already searching.

This is a reasonable scenario. I just don't want to think she ever went to his property. Not that it's not totally possible. I just don't want to think it, ya know :(

Am I the only one who does NOT think she stopped to help what appeared to be a man with a broke down motorcycle? I would never stop to help a man on the side of the road. Yes I've given money to the homeless at red lights when I'm in my VEHICLE surrounded by other cars, but I would never stop to help a man while I'm on a bike of while walking. I might even be too afraid to help a woman. Sad, I know but on a bike or walking you are really defenseless. I would try to avoid the man completely and take a Difft route if possible or at least stay on the other side of the road.

I think he stunned her by hitting her with his motorcycle- either rode out from the corn or from behind her or from the other side of the street. Then he hid in the corn until dark then went home then came back with his truck to move her body that very night. It's possible he even had a shallow grave dug prior to hitting her.

If she did stop to help him, I am NOT victim blaming in any way, but I really don't think she did. Didn't her mom say she took self defense lessons?

One last thing, the boyfriend was on a bike not a motorcycle.
The boyfriend was on a motorcycle. Sorry, if this was already corrected. I'm behind on posts.

I definitely think there was more than one person. We are talking about a man who had been abducting at least since 1990 living in the same house with other people. All of that evidence and his family didn't know, BS! Even to know, you are an accomplice bc you're not trying to stop it.

I think it's very possible his family may have known things - How much they knew is big guess if things were hidden and one is mentally ill and the other elderly, but they could have known and kept quiet

But I don't think anyone helped him

The boyfriend was on a motorcycle. Sorry, if this was already corrected. I'm behind on posts.

Yes. I tried to go back and change that, but I was too late -- I missed the window of editing

Mods, if you're reading, can you snip that last line of my post so I don't confuse anyone?

Sorry

The shallow grave where he put her remains is only about a mile from his house. With everyone out searching, he prob. figured he couldn't get them farther away without getting caught.

I agree with you. I believe that in his own warped and depraved mind he truly believed/ believes that he is smarter than not only the police but everyone. This goes along with all the calls to police, interactions that I believe he thought would protect him in the event that he ever became a suspect. In his mind, befriending the police would possibly make them suspect him less.

I've wondered if it could be as simple as DNA from his hair in the helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It mentioned "male DNA." That to me means one of 2 things. Semen or DNA from any source revealing the XY chromosome.

I agree with you. I believe that in his own warped and depraved mind he truly believed/ believes that he is smarter than not only the police but everyone. This goes along with all the calls to police, interactions that I believe he thought would protect him in the event that he ever became a suspect. In his mind, befriending the police would possibly make them suspect him less.

My thinking too.

the truck that I saw the BCI working on was green, not red. They had both the truck and the bike on the wrecker when I went back through town around 3:15.

Interesting. There are a couple still pics on one of these 5 threads showing a dark metallic? blue green pickup truck. Looks to me like a dakota or ranger. The time i saw him at a local business he had the bright red S-10.

I am thinking that LE wants his cell records to see if he called or texted anyone for help during the window of time. I am just not buying he was in that field for 2 hours. If he WAS in that field that long then I don't think he stalked her. If he had been stalking her and getting routines and such he would have known she lived there! To lie in a cornfield for 2 hours 100 yards away from her house..i just don't see it happening. The only thing about a motorcycle that makes sense is if somebody came and helped him. The logistics of taking her away on a bike are just mind-boggling because she would have HAD to be unconscious..otherwise she would have made that bike crash somehow. BUT there is a palm print in the blood on the helmut that lends one to believe that after the struggle, with blood spilled, he put the helmut BACK on his head so maybe he did go back and forth back and forth. I'm with whoever else said it...we're going to have to wait to see the warrant or for LE to tell us because it would just be so bizarre if he laid in the field for 2 hours. IDK..I'm stumped. But I will say that I don't think he was injured by corn. I think SHE KICKED HIS *advertiser censored**.

Interesting. There are a couple still pics on one of these 5 threads showing a dark metallic? blue green pickup truck. Looks to me like a dakota or ranger. The time i saw him at a local business he had the bright red S-10.
It was a Dodge Dakota. I'm on my phone, if someone can repost one of those links, I can tell you if that was the truck. It was an early 90's model, single cab and it said Dakota on the side in teal. It also had "tow hooks" on the front with chains looped on them. They looked home made.
Well Im sure he wouldn't use his "nice truck" to do his "dirty work". But, I'd imagine LE seized all his vehicles to process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper