Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The corn field is huge, it is an average country corn field. It runs from 6 back a good ways. The ski mask was found in the truck and Im guessing an average ski mask with eyes and mouth slits. They haven't released many details on it but that's what I picture. The corn typically does not move or bend. I have seen deer move flawlessly through fields. We have all seen the area after the fact, there could be numerous reasons the corn was disturbed. It could have been pushed out during or after or during the investigation. They seem to be keeping things close to the vest, which is good in some ways. They seem to be doing a great job with controlling information. I'm sure when information comes out it will be when they are ready.

<warning graphic>

Ginger8915, I honor and respect your opinion, but we are living in the communication era.. The antiquated strategy of silence by LE and the justice department only causes innocent people's lives and mounting cold cases. The American public is LE's most valuable investigative resource in missing/murdered persons investigations. 'Awareness is the key'!

'I salute the Fulton Co Sheriff's Department and all other agencies involved that located SJ and identified and arrested JDW in a timely manner'...

All info should be released to the public in missing/murdered investigations, with the exception of a couple of pieces that only the perp would know. imo. Everyone knows the specifics of the investigation that works in Public Safety, their family, and friends know and can take the necessary steps and extra precaution. It's called Public Safety for a reason.. There is over 200,000 unsolved homicides since 1980 in the US due to this antiquated silence strategy utilized by Law Enforcement and the Justice system, imo.
The many, many, unknown victims of JDW need revelation and justice, and their families need a semblance of closure. The not knowing is the absolute worst for the families of the missing/murdered.jmo.

Sorry about the rant... I have been researching missing/murdered person's investigations close to a decade now, with a goal of finding common denominators of cases that are solved and those that grow cold.. The 1950s antiquated strategy of silence, "I am sorry I can't answer that question due to the integrity of the investigation" is a crock of bull in most cases, imo.

On 01/03/2008, While driving home I saw some campers on the river in the forest about 200 yards from my new retirement dream home in the north GA mountains. I was following a case on the news of 24 year old hiker Meredith Hope Emerson, and her black lab Ella, which was being reported as lost on the AT at Blood Mountain since 01/01/2008; New Years day...
Although it seemed unusual for them to be camping due to blizzard conditions, a campfire ban, deer & trout season had ended, I checked the locked cable at the entrance of the private property where the campers were at. This normally meant they they had the owners permission to camp there.

Well, although LE knew that she had been abducted on day one, knew who abducted her, and knew the vehicle description by day two, they chose the antiquated silence strategy; "I am sorry I can't answer that question due to the integrity of the investigation"..
After holding her captive for four very long days, Serial killer Gary M Hilton murdered and beheaded hiker Meredith Hope Emerson, early the next morning on 01/04/2008...

Mystery on Blood Mountain Date
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/55844223

Sorry if my questions have been answered before and I missed the answers.

1. How large was the area in the cornfield? From what I interpret Jashrema wrote it was only a few rows deep and 3 or 4 stalks wide. So Maybe 4 feet x 4 feet. That is not a large enough area for a struggle and to sit or lay her down to restrain her.
2. Where all the evidence items close together like they were placed or were they scattered as they would be in a scuffle?
3. Why would the corn be flattened outward? If JDW dragged her in wouldn't they be flattened towards the field not the road?
4. Did LE remove any of the stalks for further tests?
5. How much blood was at the site?
6. What do they mean by ski mask? I read they found mace in his truck and a ski mask with blood on it. Do we know what sort it was? I am wondering if maybe he had it on to protect himself from breathing in mace and his sunglasses to protect his eyes if he sprayed it. That would explain how he gained control over her.
7. What time did her family go out looking for her and how did they look for her? Did they get in the car and trace the route slowly looking for anything fishy. Did they walk around with flashlights?
8 Who found the abduction site? Was it family and that is why they called the police? Was it LE after the family found no signs of her? How long were they looking before the bike and stuff was found?

I'm catching up so maybe these have been answered, but these are all questions i have as well. I feel like a nuisance asking because I started reading sierah's thread after she had been found so I'm thinking these questions may have been answered during the search Avd discovery??

I don't think there was blood on the ski mask-- i might be wrong. I'm certain they said there was blood on the helmet as well as a partial hand print and male DNA

LOCALS: is LE still on his property or is their presence being seen around other corn fields possibly looking for other victims? Or are they gone/done with all property searches at the present time?

Ginger8915, I honor and respect your opinion, but we are living in the communication era.. The antiquated strategy of silence by LE and the justice department only causes innocent people's lives and mounting cold cases. The American public is LE's most valuable investigative resource in missing/murdered persons investigations.

'I salute the Fulton Co Sheriff's Department and all other agencies involved that located SJ and identified and arrested JDW in a timely manner'...

All info should be released to the public in missing/murdered investigations, with the exception of a couple of pieces that only the perp would know. imo. Everyone knows the specifics of the investigation that works in Public Safety, their family, and friends know and can take the necessary steps and extra precaution. It's called Public Safety for a reason.. There is over 200,000 unsolved homicides since 1980 in the US due to the antiquated silence strategy by Law Enforcement and the Justice system, imo.
The many, many, unknown victims need revelation and justice, and their families need a semblance of closure. The not knowing is the absolute worst for the families of the missing/murdered.jmo.

Sorry about the rant... I have been researching missing/murdered person's investigations close to a decade now, with a goal of finding common denominators of cases that are solved and those that grow cold.. The 1950s antiquated strategy of silence, "I am sorry I can't answer that question due to the integrity of the investigation" is a crock of bull in most cases, imo.

On 01/03/2008, While driving home I saw some campers on the river in the forest about 200 yards from my new retirement dream home in the north GA mountains. I was following a case of hiker Meredith Emerson, which was being reported as lost on the AT at Blood Mountain since 01/01/2008.
Although it seemed unusual for them to be camping due to blizzard conditions, a campfire ban, deer & trout season ended, I checked the locked cable at the entrance of the private property where the campers were at. This normally meant they they had the owners permission to camp there.

Well, although LE knew that she had been abducted on day one, knew who abducted her, and knew the vehicle description, they chose the antiquated silence strategy.
After holding her captive for four days, Serial killer Gary M Hilton murdered and beheaded hiker Meredith Hope Emerson, early the next morning on 01/04/2008...

I agree with you, but I have a feeling, and this is only my speculation, but if they have more victims, they are probably looking to id them before going public right away. If they release every detail then you will have people who will not necessarily be truthful when they come forward. I'm sure they are dotting i's and crossing t's. Now that being said, if le is aware there is a potential threat in a community, like a serial rapist or killer, they absolutely should make that information known adap. It could save lives. I also think evry kid even runaways should at least get some mention on the news. I have another girl in my fb feed tonight from Yoledo. More attention on missing people regardless of their reason for being missing could potentially save lives. I really believe they are withholding Worley details for a good reason.

Jashrema, thank you for kindly reposting and reposting details that you posted days ago. I have followed this thread since day one & have read every post....keeping up daily. I am new to posting but have lurked for years and I am familiar with the rapport you seasoned members have and how everyone works together and supports one another. I find myself becoming annoyed by new people hopping on the thread at #5 without reading all the conversation that has already taken place & asking questions & arguing over information. I just had to get that off my chest. To alI of you dedicated sleuthers, I really appreciate the hard work that a lot of you do!!:loveyou:

<warning graphic>

Ginger8915, I honor and respect your opinion, but we are living in the communication era.. The antiquated strategy of silence by LE and the justice department only causes innocent people's lives and mounting cold cases. The American public is LE's most valuable investigative resource in missing/murdered persons investigations.

All info should be released to the public in missing/murdered investigations, with the exception of a couple of pieces that only the perp would know. imo. Everyone knows the specifics of the investigation that works in Public Safety, their family, and friends know and can take the necessary steps and extra precaution. It's called Public Safety for a reason.. There is over 200,000 unsolved homicides since 1980 in the US due to this antiquated silence strategy utilized by Law Enforcement and the Justice system, imo.
The many, many, unknown victims need revelation and justice, and their families need a semblance of closure. The not knowing is the absolute worst for the families of the missing/murdered.jmo.

On 01/03/2008, While driving home I saw some campers on the river in the forest about 200 yards from my new retirement dream home in the north GA mountains. I was following a case on the news of 24 year old hiker Meredith Emerson, and her black lab Ella, which was being reported as lost on the AT at Blood Mountain since 01/01/2008.
Although it seemed unusual for them to be camping due to blizzard conditions, a campfire ban, deer & trout season ended, I checked the locked cable at the entrance of the private property where the campers were at. This normally meant they they had the owners permission to camp there.

Well, although LE knew that she had been abducted on day one, knew who abducted her, and knew the vehicle description, they chose the antiquated silence strategy.
After holding her captive for four very long days, Serial killer Gary M Hilton murdered and beheaded hiker Meredith Hope Emerson, early the next morning on 01/04/2008...

Were the campers you saw Meredith and Gary Hamilton, but you had no idea what to be looking for? Please say it ain't so :(

I agree with Jashrema. I am not sure we should count on anything he has said as truth. Until we have either warrants, or LE shares more info, I think we are in a holding pattern.

I do not trust him to be telling the whole, unedited, truth.
I agree.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

*sigh* I, me, myself...said tow truck...slip of the tongue. Sorry. My point was..he had a truck there. His kidnap kit was found IN the truck..a ski mask was in the truck..it is most likely he transported her IN the truck..I'm not even sure there was a d*** bike there now! He's a liar. LE has NOT said there was a bike there. We are taking the word of a serial killer that his "motorcycle" broke down.

Hello. I don't post very much, but I just wanted to say that I get what you are saying, I agree with what you are saying, and thank you for being here.

He likely moved her because it was too much media attention. Maybe he hoped they'd find her and not connect it to him. Maybe he didn't want her found on the property.
The bike was found at MN, the night she was abducted. The media wasn't aware yet.

Yes. It makes sense.
If they didn't include "journals" I would think the warrant was just covering possible findings. But journals were found.

I guess that's my question. Is the media quoting from the probable cause portion of the search warrant or the search warrant returns? LE has told us very little. We are relying on the media, which doesn't make me too comfortable.

I'll be back tomorrow with a functioning brain &#128522;

I agree with you, but I have a feeling, and this is only my speculation, but if they have more victims, they are probably looking to id them before going public right away. If they release every detail then you will have people who will not necessarily be truthful when they come forward. I'm sure they are dotting i's and crossing t's. Now that being said, if le is aware there is a potential threat in a community, like a serial rapist or killer, they absolutely should make that information known adap. It could save lives. I also think evry kid even runaways should at least get some mention on the news. I have another girl in my fb feed tonight from Yoledo. More attention on missing people regardless of their reason for being missing could potentially save lives. I really believe they are withholding Worley details for a good reason.

Either way, I'm shocked by how well they are ABLE to keep the lid on- especially considering how many potential victims there may be. In Lafayette, LA the locals were well aware of info before the info was released. It was crazy. social media spread info like wildfire and rarely was the info incorrect. Not saying that's good or bad. Just saying. I guess Southerners are more gossipy

Either way, I'm shocked by how well they are ABLE to keep the lid on- especially considering how many potential victims there may be. In Lafayette, LA the locals were well aware of info before the info was released. It was crazy. social media spread info like wildfire and rarely was the info incorrect. Not saying that's good or bad. Just saying. I guess Southerners are more gossipy
There are rumors flying but majority it's staying off social media for all I see. But I've been paying attention more to you guys than social media.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Seems reasonable to me that he was on his motorbike, he saw Sierah, he came up behind her and knocked her off her bicycle. In the process he probably lost some control of his motorcycle, resulting in cuts to his arms and bruising on his legs. He hit Sierah in the head with his bike helmet and dragged her into the corn field. He then moved his motorcycle and her bicycle into the corn field. After dark, he put her on his motorcycle and transported her to his property - explains duct tape with both his and her DNA at her property. He misplaced his helmet, screwdriver, sunglasses, and fuses while moving Sierah and the bikes into the corn field and because the sun set.

He probably went back to look for his helmet and other possessions later, and perhaps saw police looking in the area (search started shortly after midnight). He moved Sierah to where her body was found, but was unable to retrieve his belongings due to police activity.

Going on the theory that he initially was on the motorcycle, and then went back for his truck , maybe he had set the helmet, sunglasses etc on the open bed of it and forgot to close it before driving off and his mind was elsewhere focusing on her (in the cab up front w him ?) That he didn't realize the items fell off ??

Going on the theory that he initially was on the motorcycle, and then went back for his truck , maybe he had set the helmet, sunglasses etc on the open bed of it and forgot to close it before driving off and his mind was elsewhere focusing on her (in the cab up front w him ?) That he didn't realize the items fell off ??

He didn't need the truck to transport her to his property. There is blood on the motorcycle - most likely from transporting an unconscious Sierah to his property. The helmet was found near the bicycle, which was 3-4 rows into the cornfield (approximately 6 feet into the field).

Ok I'm really confused.......
Where was the shallow grave? It couldn't have been that close to the road. That's the dumbest place ever to leave a body. That place is like asking for someone to find her. And you're telling me no one saw someone digging a grave that close to the road? Was she found where all the corn in smashed down upfront by the road? I'm flabbergasted at this moment if that's where she was buried.

On the helmet? Seems a particularly large stretch. I mean I suppose it's possible but it makes more sense it's his hair or sweat.

moo.
Not if the helmet was one the ground. Completely plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member