Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were the campers you saw Meredith and Gary Hamilton, but you had no idea what to be looking for? Please say it ain't so :(

Yes justwannahelp. I began searching abandoned wells, abandoned houses and structures and the forest for her remains on 01/07/2008. I went back and inspected the locked cable at the entrance to the private property where I witnessed their campsite and van, GMH had cut the barbed wire fencing, drove around it, and then retied the barbed wire to indicate that they had permission to be on the private property..

Facts and Opinions Relating to Gary M Hilton Serial Killer???
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ton-Serial-Killer/page9&highlight=gary+hilton

I was the one who referred to deltucky's photos as the abduction site but as soon as he corrected me I remembered they were from the burial site. I am so sorry if I confused anyone! Since there hasn't been any new info released and the thread is moving much slower I am going to take time out tomorrow to learn how to navigate the site better so I can find older posts easier and quote them so this doesn't happen again. I think I might start a notebook too, there are so many details I want to keep organized because my mind is a little scattered with everything at this point! Again, very sorry for the confusion and mis information!

In many cases, there's no such thing as "deleted". There are numerous ways to recover "deleted" texts/phone calls and even if the content cannot be recovered (as in the cases of the data being over-written by new data) the phone company still has records of every single incoming and outgoing call/text and the number it came from. Digital tech has been a literal God-send to crime solving.
I believe that was what jashrema was trying to convey, but with different words. That's how I took it, anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not if the helmet was one the ground. Completely plausible.

I agree with you Ontario. Anything is possible but why make such a big leap when other explanations are more plausible and certainly more likely.

<warning graphic>

Ginger8915, I honor and respect your opinion, but we are living in the communication era.. The antiquated strategy of silence by LE and the justice department only causes innocent people's lives and mounting cold cases. The American public is LE's most valuable investigative resource in missing/murdered persons investigations. 'Awareness is the key'!

'I salute the Fulton Co Sheriff's Department and all other agencies involved that located SJ and identified and arrested JDW in a timely manner'...

All info should be released to the public in missing/murdered investigations, with the exception of a couple of pieces that only the perp would know. imo. Everyone knows the specifics of the investigation that works in Public Safety, their family, and friends know and can take the necessary steps and extra precaution. It's called Public Safety for a reason.. There is over 200,000 unsolved homicides since 1980 in the US due to this antiquated silence strategy utilized by Law Enforcement and the Justice system, imo.
The many, many, unknown victims of JDW need revelation and justice, and their families need a semblance of closure. The not knowing is the absolute worst for the families of the missing/murdered.jmo.

Sorry about the rant... I have been researching missing/murdered person's investigations close to a decade now, with a goal of finding common denominators of cases that are solved and those that grow cold.. The 1950s antiquated strategy of silence, "I am sorry I can't answer that question due to the integrity of the investigation" is a crock of bull in most cases, imo.

On 01/03/2008, While driving home I saw some campers on the river in the forest about 200 yards from my new retirement dream home in the north GA mountains. I was following a case on the news of 24 year old hiker Meredith Hope Emerson, and her black lab Ella, which was being reported as lost on the AT at Blood Mountain since 01/01/2008; New Years day...
Although it seemed unusual for them to be camping due to blizzard conditions, a campfire ban, deer & trout season had ended, I checked the locked cable at the entrance of the private property where the campers were at. This normally meant they they had the owners permission to camp there.

Well, although LE knew that she had been abducted on day one, knew who abducted her, and knew the vehicle description by day two, they chose the antiquated silence strategy; "I am sorry I can't answer that question due to the integrity of the investigation"..
After holding her captive for four very long days, Serial killer Gary M Hilton murdered and beheaded hiker Meredith Hope Emerson, early the next morning on 01/04/2008...

Mystery on Blood Mountain Date
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/55844223

Foxfire, that is absolutely horrifying. Thank you so much for sharing!

Can anyone tell me how LE came to find Sierah? Dogs? Drone? I haven't head yet, and Also if anyone knows how long she had been there before being found?
JDW's cellphone ping

I guess that's my question. Is the media quoting from the probable cause portion of the search warrant or the search warrant returns? LE has told us very little. We are relying on the media, which doesn't make me too comfortable.

I'll be back tomorrow with a functioning brain &#128522;

That is from the probable cause portion of the search warrant.

I agree with you Ontario. Anything is possible but why make such a big leap when other explanations are more plausible and certainly more likely.
****GRAPHIC****
I dnt think it's a leap to think "male DNA" as I'm taking it, is semen. Why say "male DNA" and not just DNA. And if a helmet is on the ground and he was there for 2 hours and we know he sexually assaults his victims, it's not a leap to say semen was on the helmet. This man has a secret room with a fridge lined with carpet that he locks his victims in. This man has a sh#! load of evidence found that proves the insane things he does. I think if we are going to sit here and play out scenarios, we have to think like the criminal that he is. He's highly aroused by this, obviously. That's his drive. IMO

How long she was there will have to be released by LE not me. They found her doing a search grid With his house at epicenter and they moved outwards.

(It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright, sunshiny day....)

Hi sunshiny,

Do you have a link for this? Tia. (Sorry, behind, catching up, but I thought Sierah was found via a drone, which of course might have bsen working a grid, but did you mean a person grid? Bless everyone who searched.

Here's a photo of a grid search from Jessica Ridgeway's case:
in progress

Eta: I can't find the pic I'm thinking of right now, but here are some:

FYI how Sierah was located

FYI how Sierah was located

Hi Mo4b, thank you. Good to know bc while I know drones have participated in searches (Christina Morris, etc.), I was going to cite Sierah's case in the future as being one where the victim was found via the use of a drone, thanks for clarifying.

Okay guys...ease up a bit. I am telling you from MY perspective that you could see a bike that was 3 rows in where she was abducted. You would also see the disturbance in the corn. The sun didn't even go down for over 2 hours. This is MY perspective from having stood there. You'd have to be blind not to see the corn broken and a bike that is literally 6 inches from the edge of the grass. MY perspective.

If you are standing facing, right in front of corn and looking N to S. The first row is basically a few inches from where grass stops. The 2nd row behind the first row is literally 2 inches behind the first row. 3rd row is another 2 inches. I was on my hands and knees looking at how close the corn is planted stalk to stalk. We even discussed it . Without me saying it...THINK about what LE actually said. They said the bike was found 3-4 rows back. They said the bike was LOCATED there. They did NOT say they found the bike HIDDEN in the corn. Do you see?

I appreciate all that you contribute here - extra thanks is needed! Based upon what you wrote, it appears he did not leave her in the field but took her as soon as he subdued her.

Well I do think it's a huge leap. I already was aware of all the facts you present above. That entire week it was extremely hot. I daresay it would be nearly impossible to have worn a helmet without sweating. And what would JDW"s sweat contain? Male DNA. Why would they emphasize MALE? Perhaps to distinguish it from Sierah's DNA? Anyway it actually makes no difference what you or I think, but what actually is the truth in the end. At this point, we are all spinning theories that we believe fit the facts of the case as we know them, and honestly I have yet to hear one theory that fits every known fact perfectly. Have a nice night.

Yes justwannahelp. I began searching abandoned wells, abandoned houses and structures and the forest for her remains on 01/07/2008. I went back and inspected the locked cable at the entrance to the private property where I witnessed their campsite and van, GMH had cut the barbed wire fencing, drove around it, and then retied the barbed wire to indicate that they had permission to be on the private property..

Facts and Opinions Relating to Gary M Hilton Serial Killer???
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ton-Serial-Killer/page9&highlight=gary+hilton

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Wow just wow. So sorry. Frustration probaly doesn't fully embody what you must have felt. &#128547;

You know you could be onto something. Just because iher bike was found a few rows in doesn't mean he did not move it closer to the road grab later. I think he was not expecting a quick response. Sierah was the girl next door, had he of targeted someone with a crappy home life, maybe as he might have done in the past, he would have had more time to retrieve the objects left behind including the bicycle.

The boyfriend was on a motorcycle earlier. Maybe she wasn't concerned with a bike coming from behind. And maybe he had the detail that she was riding "bikes" with the boyfriend and he assumed bicycle and concocted the 2 bicycle story to cast doubt on his guilt. He has managed to fanagle his way out of things before, why would he not think it would work this time?

He may have had poor grades, but maybe he considered himself more intelligent and superior to others like most psychopaths do. It could explain calls to police as well. He calls them, they respond, he's thinking he is coming off like the block watch captain....

Graphic

I think he cut her off unexpectedly and she was forced into the cornfield on her bike...lost her footing and he used his helmet to beat her...struggle took place and I think she was unconscious and he knew that...my question is...is it at all possible to have someone on a motorcycle sit in front of you and you hold them while you drive (or whatever the proper bike term is..lol). or would they lean up against you behind you. Is it at all feasible if she was unconscious? That is why I think he left everything behind...he didn't have enough hands to grab it. Concocted his stupid story cuz he is so slick...like someone else said, he never minds putting himself at the scenes (I believe it's because he convinces himself he hasn't done anything wrong...his sense of morals are very twisted). I don't know...just my version of what I think may have happened.

How did they actually locate her...how did they know that's where she was? Does anyone know how that was found out?

This thread is dedicated to discussion of Sierah's case, so we don't need pics that are not relevant to this case causing confusion; therefore a few posts with images related to another case have been removed.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member