Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all who put in so much time and effort to post these documents. Notnice26, your work on this has been unceasing and the heighth of advocacy and voice for Sierah and other victims of this monster. Thank you.

Just want to add my thanks to Notnice26! Really!! Great work!

I also want to give a shout out to Kadoober and Skibaboo who have done fantastic work over on the possible victims thread! :tyou:

The files are up on Dropbox with bookmarks ... I think this makes things slightly easier to follow - and navigate within the document ... Will be up on NotNice's links momentarily ...

Ohio v James Dean Worley - Whim's Dropbox

hah, you were one step ahead of me whim, knew just what I would ask, lol. I am going to place the weblseuths watermark on them, store them in a google doc drive for this case and then link that drive in the opening post of each thread going forward. Thanks so much for all the hard work.

Not complaining because all the hard work and hours that NotNice and her crew have done is jaw-dropping but did I miss why all the redacting? It's public record.

Okay folks, sorry it has taken me a while to get back into this thread. Real life is kicking my hiney this week :D

Can someone shoot me links to all the docs uploaded so I can link them in the opening post of this and each subsequent discussion thread for ease of location as we progress? Please and thanks.

And by the way, that was one heck of a job you all did gathering, redacting and getting them up. Really proud of you all. You are motivated and invested in this case and it shows! #JusticeforSierah!

Whimdriven posted a link to the watermarked, bookmarked files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nef1z5xriy0kwci/AABAILGe31CqyJR9epnmrJDla?dl=0

There are links to google docs posted on this thread but in the 2000 case, I don't see the watermark. If it's correct that it is not watermarked, perhaps a mod could delete the Google doc link for 2000. (If it's my wonky iPad acting up, disregard my suggestion.)

Not complaining because all the hard work and hours that NotNice and her crew have done is jaw-dropping but did I miss why all the redacting? It's public record.

It's a gesture of respect for victims, privacy... I don't see the reason for reacting the names of LEOs, but I won't complain.

It said they found "Vikings" ear muffs. I wonder if this could be another victim from Minnesota (Mn Vikings). I used to live there, and I've seen a lot of females wear those, but a guy? Not even once.

R.I.P Sierah you were truly an angel

Evergreen Vikings. The high school mascot is Vikings.

Jashrema, I haven't seen them as yet but I do know that members involved wanted to be very respectful of JDW's living victim so some redacting may have been done to provide that to her.

It said they found "Vikings" ear muffs. I wonder if this could be another victim from Minnesota (Mn Vikings). I used to live there, and I've seen a lot of females wear those, but a guy? Not even once.

Isn't one of the local sports teams the Vikings? Evergreen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Just now getting a chance to read the docs...working backwards from this case to the first one. Something that stuck out to me as well was the green chicken cage they took.

ETA: just wanted to add, thank you to all the sleuths who made this possible!

Evergreen Vikings - JW graduated from there and so did Sierah.

What does it mean when it says wrapped in paper (improvised) ?

Just now getting a chance to read the docs...working backwards from this case to the first one. Something that stuck out to me as well was the green chicken cage they took.

ETA: just wanted to add, thank you to all the sleuths who made this possible!

Which was small enough to fit in a paper evidence bag? Scratched my head over that one.

was it plugged in? do we know if it was upright or chest freezer? I didn't read everything yet............had to take a mental enema break from reports.................:(
Passionflower, I didn't see anywhere that it was stated that it was or was not plugged in. If not, my heart goes out to the forensic team member that took the bloodied carpet samples out of it. Which brings me to the next question:
What exactly was the purpose of the freezer? Did he let victims suffocate in it? Did he need it to keep bodies from decomposing before he buried them elsewhere? Did he have any winter victims? Digging a grave in the frozen ground during an Ohio winter would be tough. Maybe he also didn't like digging in the rain? My head is spinning.

Some rationale about the redacting:

1) Names of judges, defense attorneys, and prosecutors were not redacted as they practice in public.

2) Although JDW's victim from the 1990 abduction is living and public with her status as a victim of violence, these documents could float out and about and be accessed during a time when the case is less fresh. I wanted to be able to give her as much privacy as possible for the future, not necessary redacting with an eye toward the present.

3) Grand Jurors are redacted where given because these are citizens and their duty is complete.

4) Friends and family identified in the 1990 file "early release memorandum" are redacted because they, too, are citizens and deserve their privacy. More than two decades have passed and we cannot be sure that all friends/family have the same relationship with JDW as they did in the early 90s.

5) Names of law enforcement officers, Ohio BCI, and FBI Special Agents have been redacted. We have to remember - outside this board, the bad guys and the good guys are hard to tell apart. While I trust that folks on this board who are devoted the time and effort to this case have only positive intentions, I don't know about everyone else that could potentially have access to the information. The links have not been posted in a "members-only" area. They are freely available. This means that the records could be used to target members of law enforcement - and I don't think any of us want that to happen.

6) Phone numbers, SSNs, serial numbers, and other sensitive personal or identifying information has been stricken, where possible.

That's what I thought then the blonde in me was wondering if JDW had wrapped these things for some reason...maybe I need to rest before I keep reading, clearly my wheels are turning a little slow.

And a PASSPORT !!! Omg where did he go????? Issued April 9,2005 expired April 8, 2015 !!!

I am shocked...how did he get a passport in 2005. Weren't the rules stricter then? Could he have crossed border into Canada during that period? Getting scarier.

I guess we can expand our search into Canada...gonna fly over to other thread and look for other possibles. Creep!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485