Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Warning Graphic'
[video=youtube;-qZmLo8qIx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qZmLo8qIx4[/video]

Noted forensic anthropologist and author, Dr. Bill Bass, takes us on a tour of the world-famous Body Farm in Knoxville, TN

Wow!! I ended up watching about 2 hours of video on the body farm. Am I morbid because that's fascinating!! My husband always said I should have been a CSI or a medical examiner or something because this stuff doesn't gross me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please post the link where she said this because I would sure as hell like to know why RG would EVER be told anything about the forensics of Ce's case.
You are not understanding. The handcuffs on RG back in 1990 had to be cut off with a bolt cutter. They were professional grade, not $3 toys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Wow!! I ended up watching about 2 hours of video on the body farm. Am I morbid because that's fascinating!! My husband always said I should have been a CSI or a medical examiner or something because this stuff doesn't gross me out.

No, not at all Tssiemer, Dr Bass is a visionary. Due to his foresight and diligence there are body farm's in several states now. The knowledge gained from the various experiments at the Body Farm for decades have been the catalyst for the solution of many unanswered questions in crime scene investigations and prosecutions, etc.

One of Dr Bass's students has even created a MAN-MADE CADAVER DOG..

The LABRADOR (Light-weight Analyzer for Buried Remains And Decomposition ... (ORNL) senior researcher and forensic expert Arpad A. Vass who obtained his PhD from the University of Tennessee in anthropology;

You won’t see this dog curled up by the fire, or wagging its tail. But it will find a bone, lots of them. LABRADOR (Light-weight Analyzer for Buried Remains And Decomposition Odor Recognition) is a hand-held device developed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) senior researcher and forensic expert Arpad A. Vass. The unit is capable of “sniffing” decomposing bodies buried in graves as deep as 3.5 feet below the surface, which is actually about a foot deeper than the average clandestine burial site.

LABRADOR can not only pick up the scent emitted from a dead body, it can analyze that odor and tell the operator how much of it is present, something its four-legged counterparts cannot do. This added information can aid the searcher in pinpointing the precise location of the remains.
Snipped - read more>

http://www.leelofland.com/wordpress/labrador-man-made-dog/

No, not at all Tssiemer, Dr Bass is a visionary. Due to his foresight and diligence there are body farm's in several states now. The knowledge gained from the various experiments at the Body Farm for decades have been the catalyst for the solution of many unanswered questions in crime scene investigations and prosecutions, etc.

One of Dr Bass's students has even created a MAN-MADE CADAVER DOG..

The LABRADOR (Light-weight Analyzer for Buried Remains And Decomposition ... (ORNL) senior researcher and forensic expert Arpad A. Vass who obtained his PhD from the University of Tennessee in anthropology;

You won’t see this dog curled up by the fire, or wagging its tail. But it will find a bone, lots of them. LABRADOR (Light-weight Analyzer for Buried Remains And Decomposition Odor Recognition) is a hand-held device developed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) senior researcher and forensic expert Arpad A. Vass. The unit is capable of “sniffing” decomposing bodies buried in graves as deep as 3.5 feet below the surface, which is actually about a foot deeper than the average clandestine burial site.

LABRADOR can not only pick up the scent emitted from a dead body, it can analyze that odor and tell the operator how much of it is present, something its four-legged counterparts cannot do. This added information can aid the searcher in pinpointing the precise location of the remains.
Snipped - read more>

http://www.leelofland.com/wordpress/labrador-man-made-dog/

Absolutely amazing. So glad that people smarter than me have these interests as well ... society would be totally in the dark if these topics made EVERYONE queasy.

'Warning Graphic'
[video=youtube;-qZmLo8qIx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qZmLo8qIx4[/video]

Noted forensic anthropologist and author, Dr. Bill Bass, takes us on a tour of the world-famous Body Farm in Knoxville, TN

Anybody remember the famous saying from trial "I can explain it to you, but can't understand it for you" when trying to describe these scenario's to I believe Baez?

that isn't how it works. the TOD is called by the ME. its common knowledge in legal fields so this wouldn't be grounds for a legal defense.

If the official "time of death" remains at 3 hours after the remains were found, I would expect a good lawyer to argue that his client was in police custody at the time of death and is therefore innocent.

Anybody remember the famous saying from trial "I can explain it to you, but can't understand it for you" when trying to describe these scenario's to I believe Baez?

Love Arpad Vass!

121408vass-poster_5382050_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

They were not $3 handcuffs, professional grade and no master key they had at the station could open the ones on RG. They had to be cut off her with a bolt cutter....so apparently better made than standard issue police handcuffs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

EXACTLY. And I've no idea about cost but I bet they're not cheap. Wonder where he buys them and if there's a way to find out if someone who works there would recog a photo of him. OR if he gets them online, there would have to be record of how paid for.

I don't think we're allowed to post those files at the moment Browneyes.

I didn't know (I saved all them case files when notnice or whoever posted them). I can't find my post to edit, so maybe admin deleted it. I didn't mean to do anything I m not suppose to. Sorry.

So after 3 days they can still do that? Tell me. I am curious.
Do they actually know what bugs are in the area and at which times?
Do they know what times they lay eggs? Temperature? Food, hormones, etc.?
Did they actually do that ?

No TOD that we know of. No MOD that we know of. COD we know.

No TOD in the facts of the case. Everything reported is SOP AFAIK.

MOO

They can also use the contents of her stomach by how far into digestion the last food she ate is.

I have been away for the past 8 days. I read the details they released and I am reading all of the relieved speculation that perhaps she never made it to his chamber of horrors or that she wasnt sexually molested.

I may be addled from my days on vacation but I remember early on I thought they found traces of her at his barn? I know it was on his duct tape but I'm still thinking more. If I am remembering wrong i am sorry.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not yet convinced. There's probably a good case for kidnapping, but after that ???

I know what you are saying but at the very least his actions of committing a dangerous felony resulted in the death of another. That means if he never planned or intended for her to die his actions during the abduction caused her death he would be guilty of felony murder rather than capital which is premeditate and deliberate. There is NO WAY with all the evidence they found that anyone would believe he did not intend and plan for his victims to die.

I know what you are saying but at the very least his actions of committing a dangerous felony resulted in the death of another. That means if he never planned or intended for her to die his actions during the abduction caused her death he would be guilty of felony murder rather than capital which is premeditate and deliberate. There is NO WAY with all the evidence they found that anyone would believe he did not intend and plan for his victims to die.

Agreed, plus we have the one known living victim (RG) who barely escaped w her life stating he threatened to kill her multiple times during the abduction amd assault

Agreed, plus we have the one known living victim (RG) who barely escaped w her life stating he threatened to kill her multiple times during the abduction amd assault

A jury would likely never hear about RG and her narrow escape, until the penalty phase. I think Worley will try and work a plea deal, JMO.

Not at all. I've long been fascinated by similar subjects and how science is used to solve mysteries. My son used to sneak out of bed when he was young to try to catch a glimpse of Forensic Files or whatever similar show I was watching. Eventually as he grew older, I'd allow him to watch certain shows with me. He was only interested in the true crime ones. He has a very analytical mind and does not tend to internalize things the way some people might. Sure, he's sympathetic to the victims and their families, but that does take a back seat to the science of solving the crime for him.

He's 21 now and in a couple of weeks will start his senior year of college where he's majoring in Forensic Science (concentration: Anthropology). He worked an internship at our local crime lab and really developed an interest in trace analysis and fingerprints. Whatever he decides to do career-wise, he'll be good at it.

(I remember his college tour and interview with the dept. head. The man told my son that forensics isn't like what you see on CSI, NCIS, Bones, etc. My son asked, "What are those?" I, of course, knew. The professor explained that those were popular TV shows. My son replied that he hadn't seen any of them. He was asked, "what do you watch?" Son replied, Forensic Files and rattled off some similar programs that were on NatGeo channel. The man replied, "oh, okay. So you probably DO have a good idea what the field is really like." :). )

3 days?

He took her the evening of 7/19 and time of death was 9pm on 7/22?

THREE DAYS?

Please tell me I'm wrong.

I'm sorry if this was answered already s I am trying to catch up. Too busy with actual work. Anyway, the Blade article says "[FONT=Lato, Verdana, sans-serif]The autopsy report provides a time of death as 9 p.m. on July 22, when she was officially declared dead by medical professionals. Fulton County officials found Ms. Jouhgin’s remains about 6 p.m. that same day. There was no evidence of sexual assault." With that being said, obviously she was deceased when they found her at 6PM. I believe 9PM was simply the time she was officially declared dead which is different that time of death. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member