OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadoober, after reading a recent post, I'm not sure that JDW even wrote the letter to the Judge...
Hrm. I see where you're going with that, but it's sooooo out there.
Eta... The letter, not your thoughts about it ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I heard the interview and it was what would be found in the "Discovery" process of the case. That had no yet been shared with his attorney. As of today, he has a court appointed attorney, one who specialized in death penalty cases.

He had lots of missing spellings of names...Judge Robert Saxer he spelled Saxor. He states good friend and lawn mowing client. I am sure he had help with it but I agree he belives the rules do not apply to him and RG was the cause of the accident and the reason for his arrest.

SJCaseFollower, after further thought. If JDW has been active for decades as is indicated by the 1990 attempted abduction of RG and then his latest abduction/murder of SJ, his immense escalation, and other known info revealed during the execution of the search warrant. It would be reasonable to conclude that his unknown victim total could be very high. Many DNA technology advancements began in the mid 1990s, and crime scene investigations were likely not as meticulous as they are today, especially in small town rural departments where resources were limited.

Although suspected early on in the 1980s Green River investigation, serial killer Gary Ridgeway wasn't identified til 11/2001 due to dna technology advancements. There were over 1,000 POIs and Suspects in the green river investigation..

If multiple unknown victims from the past are revealed in the JDW serial investigation, how many innocent POIs or Suspects were raked over the coals, indicted, or even convicted due to circumstantial evidence in those cases? Where will these wrongly accused persons go to get their reputations back?

25-year old cold case of murdered Swanton girl reopened
http://www.cleveland19.com/story/14590258/25-year-old-cold-case-of-murdered-swanton-girl-reopened

SWANTON, OH (WTOL) - A quarter of a century old murder case takes a new turn with a decision today by the Sixth District Court of Appeals.

The panel of judges decided to reverse the decision a Fulton County judge made last year to drop murder charges against Walter Zimbeck. He was indicted a year earlier for the 1985 murder of 14 year old Lori Ann Hill, his ex-girlfriend.

<snipped - read more>

So true! Its chilling to think about....and that is why everyone deserves a fair trial. My gut tells me that JDW killed Lori Hill. I saw on a Fulton County Community Watch Facebook page that a woman said that JDW lived in Swanton when Lori was killed (I saw this around the time Sierah's body was discovered). Lori was killed in 1985 or 1986....and it was at night...so JDW hadn't yet developed the confidence to kill in broad daylight. Plus...Lori's body was discovered relatively close (in my opinion) to where Sierah's body was found. Lori was discovered in a woods on County Road M.

Walter Zimbeck....not only did he deal with the loss of a girlfriend....but the aftermath for him had to damn near ruin his life, if it didn't entirely ruin it.

I drove by Worley's home the other day, because I was back in Fulton County. I got so creeped out. While I did not recognize his property...I was astounded when I recognized his neighbor's property....I so admired his neighbor's house...lots of horses and a beautiful farm. The neighbor is actually Sheriff Miller's mother and father in law. After reading an article about the places JDW had worked...that gorgeous farm (Shininger Farms) was a place he worked. He actually worked for Sheriff Miller's inlaws. Crazy. I was scared to notice the Shininger Farm was so close to his house, because I have frequented that area a lot to see the horses.

As for JDW's house....you really can't see any of the house from the street. It is covered in trees. When I drove by it, Co. Rd. 6 still gets a lot of people driving by to look. That is what I was doing...and so was the person in front of me on the road.

I know JDW is locked up....but I have a much harder time falling asleep at my parents' house than I used to.

So true! Its chilling to think about....and that is why everyone deserves a fair trial. My gut tells me that JDW killed Lori Hill. I saw on a Fulton County Community Watch Facebook page that a woman said that JDW lived in Swanton when Lori was killed (I saw this around the time Sierah's body was discovered). Lori was killed in 1985 or 1986....and it was at night...so JDW hadn't yet developed the confidence to kill in broad daylight. Plus...Lori's body was discovered relatively close (in my opinion) to where Sierah's body was found. Lori was discovered in a woods on County Road M.

Walter Zimbeck....not only did he deal with the loss of a girlfriend....but the aftermath for him had to damn near ruin his life, if it didn't entirely ruin it.

I drove by Worley's home the other day, because I was back in Fulton County. I got so creeped out. While I did not recognize his property...I was astounded when I recognized his neighbor's property....I so admired his neighbor's house...lots of horses and a beautiful farm. The neighbor is actually Sheriff Miller's mother and father in law. After reading an article about the places JDW had worked...that gorgeous farm (Shininger Farms) was a place he worked. He actually worked for Sheriff Miller's inlaws. Crazy. I was scared to notice the Shininger Farm was so close to his house, because I have frequented that area a lot to see the horses.

As for JDW's house....you really can't see any of the house from the street. It is covered in trees. When I drove by it, Co. Rd. 6 still gets a lot of people driving by to look. That is what I was doing...and so was the person in front of me on the road.

I know JDW is locked up....but I have a much harder time falling asleep at my parents' house than I used to.

While reading the article of Lori Hill, I noticed that suspect Walter Zimbeck now lives in TN but may still be under bond. This brought back memories of a conversation that I had a few years ago with a friend from Nashville,TN. He had a friend; Jeffrey Womack, that at the age of 15 was suspected of murdering his neighbor; 9 year old Marcia Trimble, in 1979, who was last seen selling girl scout cookies in the neighborhood.

Due to an overzealous detective with a bad case of perceived hypothesis, authorities finally arrested him in 1980, for Marcia Trimble's murder, but the charges were later dismissed for lack of evidence.
Many police officers involved in the case continued to believe that he was guilty. My friend said that Womack couldn't hold down a job and his life ruined because the whole town thought that he was guilty too..

A serial sexual predator was indicted for her murder 29 years later. . On June 6, 2008, a Davidson County Grand Jury indicted 60-year-old Jerome Sydney Barrett, charging him with first-degree murder and felony in the case of Marcia Trimble. Barrett had formerly been indicted and convicted for other assaults against women and children

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Marcia_Trimble
Marcia Virginia Trimble was a 9-year-old girl who disappeared on February 25, 1975, while delivering Girl Scout Cookies in Green Hills, an affluent area in Nashville, Tennessee. ... A suspect was charged in 1979 but was released in 1980 for lack of evidence. In 2008, Jerome Sydney Barrett was charged with the assault ...

<snipped - read more>

SJCaseFollower, I am surprised that the horses at Shininger Farms would allow JDW in their midst.. Good Horses know evil people...jmo

You know, I doubt that is talking. I think he likes knowing he has 'one upped' LE by not giving any details. You know, cause he is smarter than them.

I think he should be in the general population. He should be forced to live in fear as to what others are going to do to him.

Can anyone tell me if there was any DNA found on Lori Hill? I dont recall reading if any was found. Im wondering how long it could take to tie that to her. My gut tells me he was involved.

'Is JDW wearing sunglasses during today's hearing'?

I wondered that myself, but my friend has glasses that when she is in bright sun light, the glasses turn into sun glasses. When she has her picture taken the glasses also turn dark. Not knowing what kind of lights, like flood lights are on him and the cameras used, this all could come into play to make his lens dark. Being in jail, he would be allowed his own glasses, when sent to prison he might have to exchange the "light lens changing lens/glasses' for 'prison issued ones.'

I feel you sister.
I don't know why, of all things, but Portobellas statement earlier about him getting aspirin if he needed it just infuriates me so. That simple little nicety that he so doesn't deserve to ever have access to.

I get innocent until proven guilty. I get that everyone has a right to a defense. I really do.

But if he gets aches and pains... Good. If he wants to watch the tube? Tough tamales! A little chilly at night? Suck it up.

Arg.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

He probably lives better now then before his arrest. Dry, clean bedding, not soft, but clean, food...not the best but he has food, can shower etc. so many times a week....has running water, electricity, will have some warmth in winter months, probably has ac for now, maybe tv....he may not have had these before arrest. IMO...conditions are better rght now.

If he's in gen pop yeah he can do all that. If he's in "protective" solitary he can leave his cell to exercise for 1 hour a day. That's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA at least that's how it was when I worked in the prisons in KY about 5 years ago.
Some prisoners even had "employment" as a Macy's (or other catalog) call center person and by had a computer to take orders for customers. Had all their info and credit card info and things like that.

Are you serious?

He probably lives better now then before his arrest. Dry, clean bedding, not soft, but clean, food...not the best but he has food, can shower etc. so many times a week....has running water, electricity, will have some warmth in winter months, probably has ac for now, maybe tv....he may not have had these before arrest. IMO...conditions are better rght now.

I wonder if he is feeling relieved that he does not have to care for his mother and brother anymore. I would think that he was ticked by care-taking.

I wondered that myself, but my friend has glasses that when she is in bright sun light, the glasses turn into sun glasses. When she has her picture taken the glasses also turn dark. Not knowing what kind of lights, like flood lights are on him and the cameras used, this all could come into play to make his lens dark. Being in jail, he would be allowed his own glasses, when sent to prison he might have to exchange the "light lens changing lens/glasses' for 'prison issued ones.'

I have those. They're called "transition" glasses.

Kadoober, after reading a recent post, I'm not sure that JDW even wrote the letter to the Judge...

Is there a different letter other than the one pertaining to the RG case while he was trying get his sentence reduced that I've missed?

All taxpayers in Ohio pay. We are paying to house and feed the , his legal defense. Everything. I hate that we have to foot the bill for him.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
Why don't they put these prisoners to work so we dont have to pay. They can work on the internet or phone or for the less violent ones put em in a chain gamg to pick up garbage idk. Make the build things? There must be something.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Why don't they put these prisoners to work so we dont have to pay. They can work on the internet or phone or for the less violent ones put em in a chain gamg to pick up garbage idk. Make the build things? There must be something.

In Fulton County they do have some of their inmates do yard work and other outdoor labor work at some of the government/state run buildings.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I agree 100%, earn their keep. Working in a prison library and "excelling" is,a joke to me. They should have them do jobs that benefit the community. Maybe farm their own foods, and be a little more sufficient.

I personally would like to see people with serious crimes sentenced back to hard labor, but apparently people feel that is inhumane. If you've ever lost a loved one you feel the criminal getting all of the extras they get and your loved one being gone inhumane.

We need to stop making prisons comfortable and make them more of a punishment. The punishment should fit the crime. Why should my tax money pay to keep him safe when he roamed freely and none of us were safe from him? He should have to sleep every night with one eye open and afraid a predator is going to get him.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Kadoober View Post
I feel you sister.
I don't know why, of all things, but Portobellas statement earlier about him getting aspirin if he needed it just infuriates me so. That simple little nicety that he so doesn't deserve to ever have access to.

I get innocent until proven guilty. I get that everyone has a right to a defense. I really do.

But if he gets aches and pains... Good. If he wants to watch the tube? Tough tamales! A little chilly at night? Suck it up.

Arg.

In May 2008 while being interviewed concerning a SC missing college student, and awaiting extradition to FL to face a death penalty trial, serial killer Gary M Hilton, was asked by the Pickens Co, SC Sheriff how the other prisoners and guards treat him at Jackson Prison, GA, where he was serving Life W/O Parole for the murder of 24 year old hiker Meredith Emerson:

"No one messes with me here. They treat me real good."

"I've got my own T.V.'I READ'. I've got my meals cooked, served...the dishes are washed. My laundry is done....Hey, I love it!"

"I'm gonna f------ raise hell, total hell. I'm not gonna be happy unless it takes three to four years to go to trial. Unless we have a 1,000 person jury pool, and unless we have at least two changes of venue. And that's just to begin with (laughs)."

Hilton Denies Involvement in Disappearance of College Student
http://onlineathens.com/stories/050208/news_2008050200104.shtml#.V7hUwPkrLcs

While reading the article of Lori Hill, I noticed that suspect Walter Zimbeck now lives in TN but may still be under bond. This brought back memories of a conversation that I had a few years ago with a friend from Nashville,TN. He had a friend; Jeffrey Womack, that at the age of 15 was suspected of murdering his neighbor; 9 year old Marcia Trimble, in 1979, who was last seen selling girl scout cookies in the neighborhood.

Due to an overzealous detective with a bad case of perceived hypothesis, authorities finally arrested him in 1980, for Marcia Trimble's murder, but the charges were later dismissed for lack of evidence.
Many police officers involved in the case continued to believe that he was guilty. My friend said that Womack couldn't hold down a job and his life ruined because the whole town thought that he was guilty too..

A serial sexual predator was indicted for her murder 29 years later. . On June 6, 2008, a Davidson County Grand Jury indicted 60-year-old Jerome Sydney Barrett, charging him with first-degree murder and felony in the case of Marcia Trimble. Barrett had formerly been indicted and convicted for other assaults against women and children

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Marcia_Trimble
Marcia Virginia Trimble was a 9-year-old girl who disappeared on February 25, 1975, while delivering Girl Scout Cookies in Green Hills, an affluent area in Nashville, Tennessee. ... A suspect was charged in 1979 but was released in 1980 for lack of evidence. In 2008, Jerome Sydney Barrett was charged with the assault ...

<snipped - read more>

SJCaseFollower, I am surprised that the horses at Shininger Farms would allow JDW in their midst.. Good Horses know evil people...jmo

Small world. I attend Church with Marcia's close relative in Kentucky. Sad story. You just never know.

Omg omg I went to JDW s Barn of Horrors today and ...and. I'm still trying to decompress and and process everything I saw, felt and photographed amd videoed. I will see what I can do about uploading to a Photobucket or something although I'm not sure I can post all the pictures. I also went to the burial site and notice the plaque had been blown over by the wind and fix that but the letter I in her name kept falling off I found it on the ground in the dirt. I tried making it stay back on and it would not at first so I went back to the car and got a piece of tape and cut it small so it would adhere and hopefully stay up on it this time. I will post more after I calm down and work on maybe getting some photos up and the story I have to tell . I'm still shaking and feel sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper