OH OH - South Euclid, WhtMale 20-30, 484UMOH, 'Don Bosco Tech' TShirt, May'81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I doubt it's leather. on the left collarbone area you can see a tear in the fabric. I suspect it's nylon. From a distance, at first I thought it might be a Member's Only jacket, but it's not.

Exactly what I thought. I wasn't sure due to a few areas that showed wear which seemed like thin vinyl but it looked more nylon

It's described as "vinyl" on the doe network listing....wonder if they meant a sort of "pleather"?
Found a jacket from same manufacturer that looks similar:
8e0c7b2ff843baef8b267732d1138fbf.jpg

after looking at the coroner photo, i am still thinking a worn leather--the tear in the shoulder looks too thick to be nylon--my opinion only;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, I checked out the Don Bosco Tech alumni group at Facebook and I am neither friends with or have any mutual friends with any of the members of the group.

Would have been easier to break the ice that way but they are all strangers to me and my circle of friends.

Perusing the names of the members, it looks to be about half Italian-American. The rest are a combination of Hispanic, Polish and Irish with a few others.

I doubt it's leather. on the left collarbone area you can see a tear in the fabric. I suspect it's nylon. From a distance, at first I thought it might be a Member's Only jacket, but it's not.

Finally on the computer to look at thew tear; sure does look nylon! You can see the thread fibers

For what it's worth, I checked out the Don Bosco Tech alumni group at Facebook and I am neither friends with or have any mutual friends with any of the members of the group.

Would have been easier to break the ice that way but they are all strangers to me and my circle of friends.

Perusing the names of the members, it looks to be about half Italian-American. The rest are a combination of Hispanic, Polish and Irish with a few others.

Yeah, the Italian possibility had occurred to me, too, but I couldn't find any Giovanni, Giuseppe or Giorgio ("Gio") who might fit.

Don Bosco Tech in Paterson has a facebook alumni page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/64308736242/

I sent a PM to the admin of the page, and asked that he post the my facial recon (and narrative) on the page.

Since I am not on his friends list, the message goes into his "other" folder, so he may not see it. Often, those messages in the "other" folder go unseen for months.

I can't believe no one replied to your post!

http://www.trademarkia.com/lavion-73091958.html

This is a brand page for the L'AVION trademark by JEANS WEST, INC. in LOS ANGELES, , 90028.

http://www.trademarkia.com/grodins-72349631.html

On Monday, January 26, 1970, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for GRODINS by GRODINS OF CALIFORNIA, INC., OAKLAND 94612.

I truly believe he was from or was recently in California due to his clothing!! I have high hopes for identifying this UID--I am going to try to request the case file for him from Euclid PD and see what else might be in there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... but the ram's head logo belongs to the Paterson New Jersey campus.

My opinion is that Don Bosco Tech in Paterson was originally a Catholic school that closed and was purchased by the state of NJ. I see several references to Don Bosco Tech being closed in a few articles from the early 2000's. I think the Catholic school's colors were green and gold with a ram mascot. This would fit with our time frame. Here is a vintage jersey that depicts it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Don-Bosco-Technical-High-School-Paterson-NJ-Ram-Basketball-Pinnie-Sz-XL-/191412723631?pt=US_Youth_Athletic_Apparel&hash=item2c91165faf

I think when the school became a public school the mascot was kept but the colors changed for a new identity.

I just sent a records request to Euclid PD and to the Metropark Rangers for a copy of the case file--hopefully I hear back from them soon. I will let you know what I find out asap!

Finally received the case files tonight and have spent some time reading them through...Going to go back over everything with a fine tooth comb, but wanted to put a few details on here.
First off, I had to laugh and give a little cheer when I saw a notation in the investigating officer's notes to "Check NAMUS, DOE Project and WEBSLEUTHS":)

The report contains statements of the people that were with him when he fell. They only met him that day and stated the UID said his name was Joe. He was trying to get back to LA, but didn't have money because he had been robbed a few days before. He said he was from Los Angeles, but had lived in New Jersey for two years and had spent some time in New York. The UID was drinking whiskey when he fell...his blood alcohol was .37--pretty high.

As for his jacket--it is described in the case file as being brown vinyl size medium and made in Hong Kong.

The rangers did some good investigating on this case. The Don Bosco shirt is believed to have come from the Patterson location--they did not have any missing students (that they were aware of) so that lead did not pan out. The UID's fingerprints were not in the system anywhere. In 1991 they reexamined the case and made new inquiries. In 2005 it looks like they tried to get property from the coroner's office to try for DNA, but that seems to have been a bust.
I will let you know if I come across anything else I haven't seen published before. If you have any questions about the case file let me know--not sure what is informational to each person here!

Shamrocker99 (and anyone else), what records have been collected on this man? Autopsy, Rangers files, and Euclid? I have contacts at South Euclid and I was told there's definitely no 911, but not finding anything else either. IDK about 20 do years ago but the park is technically within South Euclid.

Has anyone tried New Jersey Yearbook searches for this one? I am not very good at it but there are some others here at WS that are. Maybe we can recruit them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbhe224
Back