GUILTY OH - Steubenville Rape Case, 11 Aug 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Normally, in a rape case, i would say a victim almost has to take the stand. But this is different. There is plenty of evidence already and probably very little she could add since she claims she was so drunk she doesnt remember anything. But we will see if the defense calls her as a witness.

I think the defense would have nothing to gain and everything to lose by calling her! Are they just going to attack her and try to sl**shame her? It will backfire. These boys managed to dig their own graves by documenting their crime.

I think the defense would have nothing to gain and everything to lose by calling her! Are they just going to attack her and try to sl**shame her? It will backfire. These boys managed to dig their own graves by documenting their crime.

Who knows. But remember, this is a trial to the court, not to a jury. A judge isn't going to be influenced by aggressive questioning of the victim. But I wouldnt expect the defense attorneys to call her unless they had something valuable to use. Just putting her on the stand to fish for whatever would only help to emphasize the holes in the defense.

I can believe kids are dumb; my daughter was an honor roll student but would say & do the stupidest things, but to keep texting incriminating things for days after is ridiculous- great for prosecution though.

Duchess, I do have to agree with you about the documenting their crime statement. It never ceases to amaze me the way kids these days will do stuff like, video it, and post it to youtube or twitter. Its just unbelievable. It really evidences a mindset that simply I don't understand. Fame (or infamy) at any cost.

I can believe kids are dumb; my daughter was an honor roll student but would say & do the stupidest things, but to keep texting incriminating things for days after is ridiculous- great for prosecution though.

Kids , young people in general, have become SO used to texting and twitter, facebook, that they see it as the same as just talking, in fact they seem to prefer it; its the first choice of communication. With apparantly little realization that it leaves a permanant record of events, conversations and exactly when they occurred.

OMG. Still reading up on case and am beyond disgust. Disgusted with the rapists, their parents, and the "coach". "Student athlete" culture in this country is disgusting. It allows animals to grow up and become OJ Simpson, Dennis Rodman, Kobe Bryant... WOW. Man, I am pissed off right now.

OMG. Still reading up on case and am beyond disgust. Disgusted with the rapists, their parents, and the "coach". "Student athlete" culture in this country is disgusting. It allows animals to grow up and become OJ Simpson, Dennis Rodman, Kobe Bryant... WOW. Man, I am pissed off right now.

I think it goes beyond that Seattle, to the culture in general. How many times do you see in the news stories about a girl being assualted like this (or even another boy being beaten up by a group) and a group just stands around watching, taking pictures like they are just sightseeing. There just doesnt seem to be any moral obligation anymore to help people in trouble.

Well the BCI phone expert debunked the Prinnified-version of coaches, sheriff deputies & kids running around deleting incriminating information & tossing the real phones in the river.

I think it goes beyond that Seattle, to the culture in general. How many times do you see in the news stories about a girl being assualted like this (or even another boy being beaten up by a group) and a group just stands around watching, taking pictures like they are just sightseeing. There just doesnt seem to be any moral obligation anymore to help people in trouble.

Oh, absolutely! I guess being in higher education for almost 20 years, I am sadly too familiar with the "student athlete" culture and it gets me all :furious::furious::furious:

Hey lisalei! :seeya:

Yep, because this is a juvenile court, the witnesses can opt to not be recorded. I haven't really seen much of this one at all. I gave up - doesn't do much good if you can't get the testimony. Wish they would just do the audio - I'd be good with that.

I wonder if the victim is going to take the stand. I've heard yes she will and now no she won't. For what I've seen/read so far, this judge doesn't have much of a choice - these two are guilty. Period. Oh, yea, because this is juvenile court - the judge will decide the case - there is no jury.

HTH

JMHO

Thanks for the explanation WOO...I've been following this one for awhile. With 4 DD's it makes me sick that these boys almost got away with this.

Hopefully the Judge will see through all the smoke and mirrors.

I wonder why the adults that supplied the alcohol aren't being charged?

Can someone provide a good live link please? Is there any court this afternoon? Just got here and trying to catch up. Thanks.

ETA: Never mind. I found it.

Thanks for the explanation WOO...I've been following this one for awhile. With 4 DD's it makes me sick that these boys almost got away with this.

Hopefully the Judge will see through all the smoke and mirrors.

I wonder why the adults that supplied the alcohol aren't being charged?

BBM

And that's the million dollar question that we all have and have been asking from the get go with this case. One of the houses of one of the parties was actually the house of an assistant football coach!!!!!!! Yet, no one ADULT has been charged with anything - YET. It still might come.

JMHO

Actually BCI testified to quite a few text messages they recovered where the boys were telling each other to delete texts, pics from phones and video from youtube. BCI was unable to recover from iPhones but did recover from others. There was sure some scrambling in the first week for cover stories and destroying evidence, IMO...

I'm actually finding most of what was originally reported by Prinnie herself to have been pretty much on the mark. A lot of the unproved stuff was from LL, since they accepted/published reports from unknowns.

Well you be sure & let us know when CS & CK are incriminated in any way, and when evidence of her being "shat on her face" as Roseanne Barr keeps repeating. Abdalla does not appear to have done anything towards a cover up & Reno did what he was asked as far as getting students & their phones. As far as the "Reno will take care of it" That's a kid's version of talking to a non-computer literate coach who probably thought he knew these boys to be nice kids, good students & had no idea the scope of their actions.

As far as the "Reno will take care of it" That's a kid's version of talking to a non-computer literate coach who probably thought he knew these boys to be nice kids, good students & had no idea the scope of their actions.

Respectfully snipped-Coach isnt computer literate?

= As far as the "Reno will take care of it" That's a kid's version of talking to a non-computer literate coach who probably thought he knew these boys to be nice kids, good students & had no idea the scope of their actions.

A "kid's" version means nothing? Whether he his computer literate or not, he is taking care of something. imo

Well you be sure & let us know when CS & CK are incriminated in any way, and when evidence of her being "shat on her face" as Roseanne Barr keeps repeating. Abdalla does not appear to have done anything towards a cover up & Reno did what he was asked as far as getting students & their phones. As far as the "Reno will take care of it" That's a kid's version of talking to a non-computer literate coach who probably thought he knew these boys to be nice kids, good students & had no idea the scope of their actions.

Seriously? Holly I have to ask, and I understand if you would rather not say, are you close to someone involved in the case pro or defense?

I wrote a huge reply about this...and it disappeared.
This is a sick twisted religious town. I have a 'friend' who is an 'esteemed ' educator at the college...you know which college im talking about...he blames the girl. He is a father of 8!!! I was stunned. Ruined our 20+ years of friendship....

Please let there be justice for this girl....

Hi seguek, any chance we can hear more about what was in that long post that disappeared. I'd like to know more about why this town is so out of whack...I'm just very curious as to what kind of religious culture would breed something so awful as what is happening there...
TIA :please:

14m Laurie Conway ‏@LConwayWTRF
We just heard from witness 22. 22 testifies in a twitter conversation she had w victim that victim was drugged the night of aug. 11 and(1/2)

Laurie Conway ‏@LConwayWTRF
(2/2) testing confirmed she was drugged. Says she could've taken a drink from someone else's cup. Doesn't know how it happened.
from Steubenville, OH

hollyjokers, I have no idea why you seem to think I should be able to answer for LL, Roseanne or anyone else's opinions/claims on this case that differ from your own knowledge (whatever that source is). Have no idea where some of this stuff you throw out there comes from, but I do know what was originally reported by Prinnie on her blog and much of what you and/or others seem to think was there wasn't. I didn't know her (or of her) before, have no relationship with her, etc., etc. But she had screen shots of texts, pics, etc. and that seemed pretty reliable to me. She was also from the area and had some local sources. Much of what she posted *herself* as verified info is now being testified to as fact. Now we hear verification JD was in fact drugged, (eta: or said she was) which was one of the things Prinnie has been accused of lying about. Did she get some stuff wrong? Probably. Some of it may also be correct but not relevant or something the state can prove. But a lot has been right. As for other sources, I don't trust a lot of what has been said - by either 'side'.

Hi seguek, any chance we can hear more about what was in that long post that disappeared. I'd like to know more about why this town is so out of whack...I'm just very curious as to what kind of religious culture would breed something so awful as what is happening there...
TIA :please:

The religion of High School Football unfortunately. This case is a prime example of the moral relevance that is currently pervasive in our country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi
Back