Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The relevant portion of the Ohio statute:

2907.02 Rape.
(A)

(1) No person shall engage in sexual conduct with another who is not the spouse of the offender or who is the spouse of the offender but is living separate and apart from the offender, when any of the following applies:

SNIPPED

(c) The other person’s ability to resist or consent is substantially impaired because of a mental or physical condition or because of advanced age, and the offender knows or has reasonable cause to believe that the other person’s ability to resist or consent is substantially impaired because of a mental or physical condition or because of advanced age.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2907.02

JMO, but evidence and testimony has proven that Jane Doe was "substantially impaired."

BBM

She was so out of it some of the defendant's friends wondered how any sex acts could have occurred with "a dead girl." [Defendant TM] agreed with that description in multiple texts, "LOL, she couldn't even move."

"LOL..." :doh:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/highsc...rape--according-to-prosecutors-053236470.html

It's painfully clear to me that the defendants (as well as many of the teens who testified) believe that rape only involves overt physical "force."

JMO, but it's also painfully apparent to me that as a society we still have a long way to go with regard to rape awareness.

The defendant's "awareness" (or lack thereof) of what is rape is not a defense.

They are guilty of rape.

MOO

Can't believe there is a verdict already.

10am est judge will annouce. On a Sunday.

Still shaking my head at the stark difference in how this trial and the one in AZ are regarding time management!

Is this going so quickly because it's juvenile court and no jury?

I was shocked to read this morning if they are found guilty they are only held until age 21. Crazy since they are almost adults and "kids" younger than them are often tried as adults.

I see all this victim blaming and I wonder what happened to the once great State of Ohio? Once upon a time, Ohio was a champion of women's rights. The first 2 colleges to admit women in America were located there.
But, today I see a State that seems to value the game of football more than women's rights. I am disgusted. This is clearly rape as the girl was obviously incapacitated.
That school's sports program should be shut down for this.
Can't the Federal Government get involved since this crossed State lines?

Just watching courtroom at 9:55...speakers on...MR said as soon as he gets
out of there he is going to Wendys...

Just curious to those of you who have religiously followed this case and those who have just casually (like me)

I was pretty surprised to see not a bigger thread - more participation - on this topic. It seems pretty cut and dry to me. Is the divide in the town actually bigger...and the general population is actually divided too?

CNN said they are going to cover the verdict when it is delivered.

I haven't spent a lot of time on this case since I'm obsessed with the Jodi Arias trial.

Is the overwhelming thought these men are guilty? I have seen some comments that the victim is a liar and the boys are good kids who made bad choices. I have to assume this is a minority opinion?

So the boys are crying and breaking down now...wonder how often JD has done that?

Seriously I am the most empathetic creature on earth, but this sobbing and hysterics is making me laugh. Pathetic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back