Match! OH - Strongsville, WhtFem UP15394, 15-25, in Rocky River, Feb'75 - Linda Pagano

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
West side suburb. Actually out of the county but I'm there for half the week.

And I thought they found that in Lodi? I'll need to read over it again. I want to collect all the info that is typically entered into NamUs.

West side suburb. Actually out of the county but I'm there for half the week.

And I thought they found that in Lodi? I'll need to read over it again. I want to collect all the info that is typically entered into NamUs.

Maybe the purses were in Lodi? Or maybe there were 2 guns, but the Allen County one was a .25 found at the Scot's Motel on Bluelick Road. I lived in Allen County for a bit in the '80's and I'm not familiar with the Scot's Motel, but I know Bluelick Road.

I'm also in the west side burbs, and I also have a full load this semester, but PM me if you ever want to meet up at a Panera or something and brainstorm.

I read all the pages. It was an intriguing paper trail.

Have the people they compared 40 years ago turned up since then?

Coughlin, Brown, Partridge, and Kent still missing. I'm unsure of the others. Kent is theorized to have been killed by Bundy.

Coughlin, Brown, Partridge, and Kent still missing. I'm unsure of the others. Kent is theorized to have been killed by Bundy.

Christy Gross went missing with Carlene Brown. Her remains were found in Wyoming in 1983.
Emily Harris was apparently one of Patty Hearst's abductors and is still alive.
C------ G------, I don't know. I'm assuming she was eventually found safe or she returned home.

Christy Gross went missing with Carlene Brown. Her remains were found in Wyoming in 1983.
Emily Harris was apparently one of Patty Hearst's abductors and is still alive.
C------ G------, I don't know. I'm assuming she was eventually found safe or she returned home.

C------ G------ from Minot, North Dakota is alive and living in Arizona. She has a FB page.

Putting together a summary of what is known about this Jane Doe.

Unidentified White Female

Found February 5, 1975 On the west bank of the Rocky River, 800 Feet west of Eastland Road, in Strongsville, Cuyahoga County, Ohio

Physical Characteristics

* Approximate Age: Late Teens or Early 20's
* Height: 61" - 63" (5 feet 1 inch to 5 feet 3 inches)
* Head Hair: Blonde
* Cranial Shape: "Nordic"
* Other Facial Features: "Prominent Nose"

Condition of Remains
* Probable Year of Death: Late Summer or Early Fall 1974
* Est. Postmortem Interval: About 6 Months
* Comments: Not recognizable - Skeletal Remains​

Circumstancess
* Comments: The skeletal remains of a white female, approximately 20 years old, were found on the west bank of the Rocky River, about 800 feet west of Eastland Road, and about 400 yards north of the B&O Trestle. A single gunshot wound was found on the skull.​

Identifiers
* Dental: Available

Upper (R to L, 01-16)PFFPFPPPPPPPPFFO
Lower (R to L, 32-17)OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
P = Postmortem Loss
F = Filling
O = Other (explained in comments below)

Dental Comments:
#16 - Unerupted.
#17 through #32 - Mandible Not Recovered​

* DNA: Unavailable
* Fingerprints: Unavailable​

Rule-outs

Joanne Coughlin
Cxxxxx Gxxxxxx (of Minot ND)
Debra Kent
Carlene Brown
Christy Gross
Laurie Partridge
Emily Harris​

Rory Kesinger is probably a long shot. She's at the ends of the ranges. I'm not sure if the victim had blonde hair for certain or if her Nordic look was solely the skeletal features. That said, she is the type of victim who you could expect to find just about anywhere, being that she was on the run from the law. If they were/are even considering her for Lady of the Dunes then she's obviously never resurfaced, even briefly since the early seventies. She would be in a high risk category for being a victim of violent crime (especially execution style like this) due to her lifestyle and associates. Although I don't know how much weight to give the account of the couple who saw the woman being chased by the man on the highway near 71/271, and they couldn't nail down a definite date, it's interesting that they said the woman said she was from Massachusetts.

Belinda VanLith might be worth consideration, even though her listed height (5'5") is a little too tall.

vanlith_belinda.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vanlith_belinda.html

She has blonde hair, a prominent nose, and a "nordic" look. (If her name is any indication, she would be Dutch, but that is close to "Nordic")

Killed there or dumped there? I was trying to pinpoint it on Google maps, trying to see how easy/hard it would be to dump a body where she was found.

Ice190 do you know where that string of motels are in Strongsville on Pearl Road? If she were staying at one of those motels, I could see that. Look at if they were coming at this area from Whitney Road. Does that make sense?

I'm flabbergasted at all your dedication to this case guys!

Did I miss Jane Doe's dental chart, or are those letters just indicant of the numbers of the teeth that were present? In that case, what does P and F mean?

Per autopsy report it also says teeth: fair, and medium complexion. That may be something to add!

Ice190 do you know where that string of motels are in Strongsville on Pearl Road? If she were staying at one of those motels, I could see that. Look at if they were coming at this area from Whitney Road. Does that make sense?

A quick google search shows La Siesta Inn, Village Motel, Metrick's Motel, and Kings Inn Cleveland. The former three do look older. Those are north of I-80 on Pearl, which Whitney/Valley Pkwy/Eastland connect to. South of I-80 there is the Pike View Motel and Elm Haven Motel. Those** are almost right, maybe 250ft away, on the river upstream of her location. If I had to estimate looking at the map her location would be 5-6000ft downstream. Farther south on Route 82 just east of I-71 is a Super 8, I know those have been around awhile; and also a Holiday Inn.

I'm going hiking come spring.

A quick google search shows La Siesta Inn, Village Motel, Metrick's Motel, and Kings Inn Cleveland. The former three do look older. Those are north of I-80 on Pearl, which Whitney/Valley Pkwy/Eastland connect to. South of I-80 there is the Pike View Motel and Elm Haven Motel. Those** are almost right, maybe 250ft away, on the river upstream of her location. If I had to estimate looking at the map her location would be 5-6000ft downstream. Farther south on Route 82 just east of I-71 is a Super 8, I know those have been around awhile; and also a Holiday Inn.

I know they were already "old" back in '95 when I was in college. We had an impromptu motel party at one of those places during a Feb. blizzard.

BTW, I think P means Postmortem loss, which if they didn't have the lower jaw would explain why it's all P. I think F is some kind of filling? O is occlusion I think? N would be natural tooth no fillings. A would be antemortem loss (loss at any time - even years - prior to death.)

Right, guys?

I think you're right. IIRC all of the teeth present (besides the unerupted wisdom tooth) had fillings.

Did I miss Jane Doe's dental chart, or are those letters just indicant of the numbers of the teeth that were present? In that case, what does P and F mean?

I went ahead and assembled the dental chart based on the information provided in the report. It indicated that five teeth (#2, #3, #5, #14, and #15) were present on the skull, and all five had fillings. The report also indicated that the sockets for all other upper teeth were empty, and did not show any signs of healing. Or, in other words, she had no missing upper teeth at the time of her death. Finally, it said that her upper left wisdom tooth (#16) had not yet erupted. Presumably the upper right wisdom tooth had erupted, and was lost postmortem.

BTW, I think P means Postmortem loss, which if they didn't have the lower jaw would explain why it's all P. I think F is some kind of filling? O is occlusion I think? N would be natural tooth no fillings. A would be antemortem loss (loss at any time - even years - prior to death.)

Right, guys?

P = Postmortem Loss
F = Filling
O = Other - Described in Comments Section

In this instance, the O references the un-erupted wisdom tooth.

All of the lower teeth are marked P because the mandible was not found.

Even the five remaining teeth are not very useful for a positive ID or rule-out based on the dental chart, because when comparing charts, the Forensic Odontologist must not assume that the MP's dental records reflect the MP's most recent dental appointment. A MP dental chart might indicate a tooth without a filling, when in fact, the MP had that tooth filled after the appointment reflected in the dental records. If we were able to find a MP with those five teeth filled and no missing upper teeth, she would be a strong possible, but not there would not be a positive ID based on that info.

Unrestored teeth on a UID are much more useful for the purpose of ruling out a MP because a tooth with a filling cannot become a tooth without one.

The only way you would be able to make a positive rule-out from this chart would be if the MP was known to have missing upper teeth prior to her disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back