Match! OH - Strongsville, WhtFem UP15394, 15-25, in Rocky River, Feb'75 - Linda Pagano

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You could probably also rule an MP out if they had an upper dental plate or braces at the time they went missing.

Btw, last night I sent Meaghan an email with the case files because it contains information (and some new pictures) related to Debra Kent, Carlene Brown and Joanne Coughlin that isn't on Charley. Hopefully she updates soon!

The un-erupted wisdom tooth is probably part of why the age estimate is for a younger woman.

I wonder if the mandible had wisdom teeth. I'm in my mid 20s and had one that wasn't going to come out, and two that wouldn't have grown anymore, halfway out of the gums. I'm being stubborn and holding out hope she's a Brown.

I think a dental expert can tell by looking at the xray whether the tooth is a normal one waiting to erupt, or one that's impacted or otherwise not going to come out. Of course it's not always accurate, but often they can be pretty sure.

I'll call case western dental school tomorrow. Skull was sent there for further examination, maybe they have it or records of it. It doesn't seem like the Rangers have the record, I'd assume it'd be there with the other girls'.

Christy Gross remains were found 10 years after she disappeared in Wyoming. See attached newspaper article.

Several women were ruled out. These are:

Joanne Coughlin
Cxxxxxx Gxxxxxx
Debra Kent
Carlene Brown
Christy Gross
Laurie Partridge
Emily Harris

Attachments

• christygrossarticle.jpg
    christygrossarticle.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 199
While browsing through the casefile, I saw the dental records for Carlene Brown. I know that Janet Franson (NamUs Regional Admin for Wyoming) is very interested in Carlene's case, and looking at Carlene's NamUs casefile, I noticed that no identifiers of any kind were available for Carlene.

So yesterday, I sent Janet a link to the Strongsville Jane Doe casefile, and pointed out that Carlene's dentals were contained therein.

This morning, Janet replied:

Holy cow Carl, do you know what you have FOUND????? I have been working on Carlene’s case, with NO LEA help at all, for over 3 years. I kept asking the Sheriff-who NEVER returned phone calls! For dental records, because Carlene was ADOPTED and there was no way to identify her! I am ON IT

I also suggested that she contact the new Regional Admin for Ohio and suggest that she create a UP casefile for the Strongsville Jane Doe.

Oh my god this is awesome! Fantastic work CarlK!! Maybe she's out there waiting right now!

I read this a few days ago but can't remember much about it. Nadine O'Dell (missing from Inkster, MI) is being looked at as a probable match to a UID found in the Southwestern part of the country, right? I think Arizona or New Mexico?

Asking because Nadine would fit the age range, race, height, weight, and timing, and she went missing from a state that borders Ohio.

I read this a few days ago but can't remember much about it. Nadine O'Dell (missing from Inkster, MI) is being looked at as a probable match to a UID found in the Southwestern part of the country, right? I think Arizona or New Mexico?

Asking because Nadine would fit the age range, race, height, weight, and timing, and she went missing from a state that borders Ohio.

Just based on physical description, Nadine should be checked out. Her age is a couple of years too low, but nevertheless, she fits the description.

The other case that you are referring to was Santa Fe NM - Dec'74. They are saying that a girl from Michigan might be the Santa Fe Jane Doe, and that the girl's sister has ID'd her from the PM photos. The only girl from Michigan who comes close to fitting the description would be Nadine.

NM - Santa Fe, WhtFem 407UFNM, 14-19, Gold Round Wire Earrings, Dec'74

The casefile on this Strongsville Jane Doe even briefly mentions the Santa Fe Jane Doe, and points out that the runaway girl from North Dakota Cxxxxx Gxxxxx was probably not a match because Cxxxxx Gxxxxx didn't have a scar on her abdomen. I wonder if Nadine O'Dell had a scar on her abdomen.

Incidentally, I have suspected that Nadine might be a victim of serial murderer Coral Watts. He lived in Inkster Michigan in 1974, and Nadine fits the profile of the type of girls/women that he targeted.

Ok everyone, I was unable to contact CWR dental school today, due to me going to school. However, I contacted the Lieutenant and he's calling the ME in regards in photos, dental stuff, and the skull tomorrow, and I will call CWR tomorrow. I informed him of the contact CarlK made and he likes it. I think he said he'll check the teletype to see if there is anything relevant to Brown, and then we might be able to get it to her if she's LEADS certified/has permission.

A quick google search shows La Siesta Inn, Village Motel, Metrick's Motel, and Kings Inn Cleveland. The former three do look older. Those are north of I-80 on Pearl, which Whitney/Valley Pkwy/Eastland connect to. South of I-80 there is the Pike View Motel and Elm Haven Motel. Those** are almost right, maybe 250ft away, on the river upstream of her location. If I had to estimate looking at the map her location would be 5-6000ft downstream. Farther south on Route 82 just east of I-71 is a Super 8, I know those have been around awhile; and also a Holiday Inn.

I'm going hiking come spring.

I can think of two resources that can help you determine what motels existed in that area in 1975.

The first resource is looking at the telephone directory and also the city directory from 1975 at your local public library. The addresses and phone numbers of motels from 1975 would be listed in both of those directories. These directories can be found in the reference or genealogy department at the public library.

The second resource is looking at property tax records online at the county auditor’s website. By typing in the motel’s address, it will tell you what year the motel was built, the transfer history of the motel property, and photos of the property.

It wouldn’t surprise me if an older motel property had their motel name changed more than once over the years. I’m thinking that there were more independently owned mom and pop motels than national motel chains back then.

Was planning on looking at telephone directories next time I could make it to the Strongsville library. Goog thinking on suggestion to check the tax records!

Just to update progress: I've contacted CWR dental school research department, and the lady had no clue if there are specimen or research records. She asked for an email she could forward around; she got one with copied of the files and a quote from the autopsy. She said the mentioned Doctor James Simmelink is still with the university and she said she'd contact him about it. I'll send a direct email to him in a week or so if I still haven't heard back.

Haven't heard back from the Lieutenant yet, he's contacting the ME about records and photographs. He did say the admin is loaded with work so it might be awhile.

Ooh, I wonder if they could possibly extract DNA from the dental pulp (if they still have any of the teeth).

Good thought. If they've got the tooth, it's worth a try. They sometimes find pulp in teeth hundreds of years old.

If only every LE department were this cool and cooperative. Ice190, when you get a chance, message me the Lt's name. I wonder if he's one of the ones I knew. (If not, I know we have lots of friends in common.)

Have we ever tried to get the same info on the Euclid UID? Wonder if there is similarly helpful info for other old male UID's.

Ranger records of him were received by another woman who I believe is LE. Info about what was contained in there should be on the Euclid Doe's UID thread.

I sent you a pm Irish.

Just found this about a serial killer: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_John_Knowles

Fifth paragraph under the heading murders. Mentions him being at Scott's Inn in Lodi on September 3, 1974. He killed a man there and dumped his nude body in the woods.

His victims and MO appear the most random I've seen, although a few were shot.

Just found this about a serial killer: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_John_Knowles

Fifth paragraph under the heading murders. Mentions him being at Scott's Inn in Lodi on September 3, 1974. He killed a man there and dumped his nude body in the woods.

His victims and MO appear the most random I've seen, although a few were shot.

Again, I read that as Lima, not Lodi. Not a big deal but Lima is a bit farther away from Strongsville. Still doesn't make it impossible that he's connected.

Again, I read that as Lima, not Lodi. Not a big deal but Lima is a bit farther away from Strongsville. Still doesn't make it impossible that he's connected.

I'm concerned for my eyesight now. Was that what I did before? Oh well. Lima is definitely out of the way. Lol, thanks for pointing that out!

I looked up virtually every serial killer on Wikipedia and this is the closest one I could find. But I don't think it was a serial killer. There was another in Michigan that could have possibly fit but he didn't have known victims in Ohio.

Still have not heard back from Lt. or CWRDS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back