Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Middle school or elementary school yearbooks (or class photos) generally aren't available online.

If we can find out which middle school she went to I wonder if we could call and talk to the school librarian and see if she can get us a copy of her pics?

What about reaching out to others in her graduating class. At least someone must know something about her even if they can provide vague details on her family life. Someone from her year must have been a friend.

What about reaching out to others in her graduating class. At least someone must know something about her even if they can provide vague details on her family life. Someone from her year must have been a friend.

I have been. One response from someone from the admin of the Class of 74 FB page. She didn't know PA, but she will ask around. I've sent out a couple of inquiries to Class of 75 alumni, but no responses yet.

Not sure if she has been suggested but maybe Patricia Janice Salamandyk? She would have been on the older end and shes from Canada.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/salamandyk_patricia_janice.html

Yes, Patricia has been suggested several times going back to about 2012 or so.
She's also been submitted as a potential match to BG via NamUs, the Miami County Coroners Office, the RCMP and the Miami County Tip line.
There's probably been a few other submissions to other agencies over the years, too, but those are the ones I'm aware of.
It's been a daunting task trying to get a match/rule out because of the way Canada handles their missing persons and trying to get the powers that be to even entertain the notion that it could possibly be her to even take a look at her case.
The general discussion here as to whether or not it could be her has been mixed.
I'm convinced it's her, but eh? What do I know?

Just catching up after the holidays... Holy mackerel, Carl! One of p.a.'s younger photos looks like the perfect mirror image of your middle recon. And the brows! And narrow bridge! This would be a great way to close out a fantastic year of major identifications.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wow, the resemblance is downright eerie... I can't imagine the hundreds of hours this took.

Eyebrows could've been plucked a bit since she graduated from high school; can't help but notice that the chin looks a bit different/less pronounced in Buckskin Gal ... but the nose in profile, forehead height, and basic shape of the lips is spot-on. People can alter considerably even just after a couple years from their high school graduation.

BBM. In death and sleep our facial muscles relax. Our jaws are hinged and when the muscles are relaxed it can give the appearance that is is less pronounced as the jaw naturally falls towards the neck and opens. In the living, sleep apnea can caused by this...lower jaw/tongue semi-occluding the windpipe in it's relaxed state. Most post-mortem pictures have the victim placed on their back, so it can appear elongated, less pronounced, and change the facial shape a bit.

In death the muscles are fully relaxed. Something comparable we see everyday in society is the use of botox. Botox is the botulism toxin that causes muscle paralysis. Thus they inject it into our "wrinkles". Our wrinkles are caused by the underlying facial muscles tightening over time and pulling the skin into creases. The botox relaxes these muscles, thus minimising the wrinkle. We have all seen people who overdo botox and they look zombified or frightened or "not themselves". Death also has this effect on our muscles. Except it will be the whole face and body, not just targeted areas. Curves of eyebrows, turns of a lip, these can all vanish in death.

People in life and death, especially if there is trauma involved or positional pressure placed on a face for a time, can look similar or fairly different. If enough markers are comparable, it is definitely worth looking into.

I have been. One response from someone from the admin of the Class of 74 FB page. She didn't know PA, but she will ask around. I've sent out a couple of inquiries to Class of 75 alumni, but no responses yet.

Yeah, after seeing your post, Carl, I was trying to look around online at some alumni sites .. I found a few Class of '75 people ... hopefully someone will respond to you and give some more information about PA :)

Some of the people listed in the cheerleading photo are on Facebook. I had a quick look and found a couple from skyline high school. Maybe contact them and see if they can shed some light on p.a?

Some of the people listed in the cheerleading photo are on Facebook. I had a quick look and found a couple from skyline high school. Maybe contact them and see if they can shed some light on p.a?

I already did send about a dozen out. Nobody responded.

Great find, Carl!

I'm cautiously optimistic that this is our girl.

Wow! What leg work!! Even if this doesn't turn out to be our girl I totally am awed by the dedication you guys all have!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sometimes messages from non-friends on Facebook get sent to the "other" folder.

May be worth trying to find some of their e-mails on line on LinkedIn pages or such and see if that helps?

Another Skyline video that might be helpful.

As the 40th anniversary video it tells the story of the school.

It mentions that it opened in 1971. Shortly thereafter there was a desegregation order that came down that affected Dallas ISD. The video lists three schools, Crozier Tech High School, Madison High School, and Lincoln High School that would be closed and/or repurposed, with some of the students from those schools being redirected to Skyline. It doesn't say when these closures occurred.

Seeing as how I don't see a photo of P.A. from the 71-72 school year, it may be worth checking the 72 yearbooks from those three high schools to see if she attended there for her freshman year.

The video also interviews a 1975 alum and gives his name. The host/narrator of the video is also a seventies era Skyline grad who is a sports radio talk guy. His e-mail is here: http://www.meridix.com/story.php?storyid=14548

At the end of the video it gives an e-mail address for the Skyline Alumni Association as well, so that may be another avenue to pursue.

Lots of old photos in the video if anyone wants to see if they can spot here there but I watched it twice and didn't see her.

Video here: [video=youtube;cFhGnNvmbYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFhGnNvmbYs[/video]

Another Skyline video that might be helpful.

As the 40th anniversary video it tells the story of the school.

It mentions that it opened in 1971. Shortly thereafter there was a desegregation order that came down that affected Dallas ISD. The video lists three schools, Crozier Tech High School, Madison High School, and Lincoln High School that would be closed and/or repurposed, with some of the students from those schools being redirected to Skyline. It doesn't say when these closures occurred.

Seeing as how I don't see a photo of P.A. from the 71-72 school year, it may be worth checking the 72 yearbooks from those three high schools to see if she attended there for her freshman year.

The video also interviews a 1975 alum and gives his name. The host/narrator of the video is also a seventies era Skyline grad who is a sports radio talk guy. His e-mail is here: http://www.meridix.com/story.php?storyid=14548

At the end of the video it gives an e-mail address for the Skyline Alumni Association as well, so that may be another avenue to pursue.

Lots of old photos in the video if anyone wants to see if they can spot here there but I watched it twice and didn't see her.

Video here: [video=youtube;cFhGnNvmbYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFhGnNvmbYs[/video]

Do they list a freshman class in her yearbooks? I ask because, up until the mid 80s, my HS didn't have freshman, it was just Sophmores, Juniors and Seniors, and 9th graders attended junior high.
So, technically, I was never a freshman in HS because we didn't have that class in our high school.
Our schools were:
Elementary K-6
Junior High 7-9
HS 10-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics