Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA Doe Project uploaded her DNA to GEDmatch where apparently there was a match. Family was called by LE Good Friday. Her siblings posted on BG's FB page then removed everything because of harassment. The match is not official until DNA is run thru CODIS. We're waiting on a statement from LE.

Unless someone does what we do they're not going to see Doe FB posts or pages. BG's page only has 1,141 likes. I run Cali's page which only has 2,300 likes. I co-own another page that has 50,000 likes but I can't say how many of them saw Grateful Doe, Cali or BG.While BG has has her share of press due to pollen and isotopes it may not have hit family and even if it did, she was not seen with the buckskin jacket so family would not have had an ah-ha moment.

From what I could tell, none of the press releases for BG's pollen or isotopes results hit her home area, most likely because none of it pertained to that area. I couldn't see that it was picked up by news outlets in those areas that shall not be named.

From what I could tell, none of the press releases for BG's pollen or isotopes results hit her home area, most likely because none of it pertained to that area. I couldn't see that it was picked up by news outlets in those areas that shall not be named.

Got it, thank you Roselyr and Alleykins. Now with DNA projects, fb. you web sleuthers, these girls won't be UIDs for 40 years anymore!!!

The pollen readings indicated that the clothing spent time in N Texas/Oklahoma, not necessarily the victim. There’s a chance that she could have bought the clothes used, borrowed them from someone, etc.

The pollen readings indicated that the clothing spent time in N Texas/Oklahoma, not necessarily the victim. There’s a chance that she could have bought the clothes used, borrowed them from someone, etc.

Isotopes from hair sample said Texas Oklahoma.

I only know about many of these cases because I’m searching missing people and doe’s all the time due to a personal experience. I have never seen a news article about this case other than links I’ve seen here. I can easily see how family never heard of BSG.
On another note, I sent my DNA in last week to GEO. I think everyone that can should do this. You can then opt to share your DNA after getting your results to these programs. I need to do a little more reading about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah ok. But how much does it cost?

$50-300 for a kit through Amazon depending on the company you use. Average for the ones most people use is $75-100.

I did GENO 2.0 and I think it was about $100

I suggest testing with Ancestry, it's $79 to $99 depending on if there are sales then upload to the free databases. See Family tree and DNA general instructions

I also have a thread here Has anyone done their DNA for genealogy?

I do not suggest 23 and me right now as they changed their chip. It can only be uploaded to GEDmatch Genesis. You get the moatfrkm Ancestry, especially when doing a tree. Follow my direction post to get started. You'll see what I wasted time on so you won't.

I did GENO 2.0 and I think it was about $100

Looks like it's by National Geographic. Do they allow downloads if raw data?

Waiting with baited breath...! I’m so excited!

Do you guys think LE will release her name? I think it would be a decent idea because a friend or classmate in Arkansas could have known more about who Buckskin was traveling with. I just hope that people respect the family's privacy. I am already dreading the 'why didn't they report her missing?' facebook comments on the Miami County law enforcement page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop