Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think LE will release her name? I think it would be a decent idea because a friend or classmate in Arkansas could have known more about who Buckskin was traveling with. I just hope that people respect the family's privacy. I am already dreading the 'why didn't they report her missing?' facebook comments on the Miami County law enforcement page.

I have a standard answer around here somewhere for that :)

I'm not familiar with GEDmatch but I have done Ancestry DNA and exported it in the past. Does LE use GEDmatch during investigations such as these, or is it up to members to find matches and contact LE?

Do you guys think LE will release her name? I think it would be a decent idea because a friend or classmate in Arkansas could have known more about who Buckskin was traveling with. I just hope that people respect the family's privacy. I am already dreading the 'why didn't they report her missing?' facebook comments on the Miami County law enforcement page.

If they want to find out who murdered her, I don’t think they have much choice but to release her name and photo. Unless they already have a suspect.

I'm not familiar with GEDmatch but I have done Ancestry DNA and exported it in the past. Does LE use GEDmatch during investigations such as these, or is it up to members to find matches and contact LE?

Seems to be a very recent development that LE uses this tool, via the DNA Doe Project. Members would not know of matches until contacted by LE.

If family members by chance see my post, let me apologize on behalf of whoever was recently treating you so terribly, as I doubt they are big enough to do so. I doubt that it was anyone associated with this group. We at Websleuths strive to ease pain, not create more of it. I hope that your healing can now begin.

I put the info up on the Facebook page. I'm nervous and hopeful.

No, DNA Doe Project has been using GEDMatch. They are the ones that make the DNA match of a certain case and then they contact LE.

I was under the impression that GENO now does downloads of raw data. I actually chose this because of specific information of migrating they are able to find and my dad is waaaay into all the family tree and ancestry stuff. Me... not so much. This is what my dad requested I do. I was under the impression you could also submit raw data to other programs. I will have to read up on it some more. If not, I will definitely use one of the places you recommended. I think this is a great way to not only learn about your own heritage but to also help with a lot of these doe cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So exciting! I'll be in a meeting during the press conference. Someone PLEASE take good notes!!! 😉

Is anyone going? Wish they'd stream it. Local tv will probably have excerpt on evening news but whole thing would be good.

Can the public attend these or do you have to be some type of reporter/media person? Anyone know? You can probably Google for WHIO tv or WDTN tv sometime after the conference to get reports on it. If it's reported on their newscast they both usually put their 5 or 6 PM newscast on their websites. I'm fairly sure they will at least report it on the news as they both have put up a "breaking news" alert on their websites regarding this news conference on a 1981 unsolved homicide. So something about it will probably be on those websites.

So close to the anniversary of her passing, too. If the person responsible is still alive, I hope they know, it's not over!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am so excited. I really am hoping this is the news we’re all waiting to hear. ❤️

I just PM'd the Troy Police Department to try to get some more in-depth info about where the press conference will be posted. Hope to hear back soon.

Can the public attend these or do you have to be some type of reporter/media person? Anyone know? You can probably Google for WHIO tv or WDTN tv sometime after the conference to get reports on it. If it's reported on their newscast they both usually put their 5 or 6 PM newscast on their websites. I'm fairly sure they will at least report it on the news as they both have put up a "breaking news" alert on their websites regarding this news conference on a 1981 unsolved homicide. So something about it will probably be on those websites.

I don't know the answer, but one of the links (https://www.mymiamicounty.com/press-conference) has the address it'll be held posted right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pinkriggs75