Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited!! I hope we see a live photo of her and know her name. I want us all to see her eyes open and a smile.

I would like to see a photo of her in which she is smiling too. BG's post mortem photos break my heart every time I look at them, she must have been in so much pain before she passed away. It would be nice to see a picture of her alive and happy, that's how I'd want to remember her.

I just PM'd the Troy Police Department to try to get some more in-depth info about where the press conference will be posted. Hope to hear back soon.

I don't know the answer, but one of the links (https://www.mymiamicounty.com/press-conference) has the address it'll be held posted right there.

I also have a message into Dayton News. Will let everyone know if they're gonna stream live

I also have a message into Dayton News. Will let everyone know if they're gonna stream live

Dayton news has no plans to cover it. I asked them to reconsider saying it's gonna be huge news that a lot of people online are interested in hearing

I also have a message into my Miami County.

Edit Dayton is probably covering. Stay tuned. Will post as soon as I know. They just got back to me again

Dayton news has no plans to cover it. I asked them to reconsider saying it's gonna be huge news that a lot of people online are interested in hearing

Edit Dayton is probably covering. Stay tuned. Will post as soon as I know. They just got back to me again

My Miami will not cover it. Dayton will let me know as soon as they know. I also have a message into another lead I got. Will let everyone know when I find out.

I've been waiting so long for this day. Been following but thought it would be weeks before we would get confirmation. Living 20 miles away and being in the same age range as BG, I felt somehow connected and feared she was someone I may have crossed paths with at some time. I could never understand how no one local recognized her until the tests revealed she probably wasn't from around here originally. I'll be here waiting and watching with you all today.

I've been waiting so long for this day. Been following but thought it would be weeks before we would get confirmation. Living 20 miles away and being in the same age range as BG, I felt somehow connected and feared she was someone I may have crossed paths with at some time. I could never understand how no one local recognized her until the tests revealed she probably wasn't from around here originally. I'll be here waiting and watching with you all today.

I think they were forced to do this after all that happened on FB. As was said, you can't put the genie back in the bottle.

Identifying BG was always only half of the battle. The other half will be finding out who killed her. I believe confirming her identity is absolutely crucial for bringing her killer to justice.

I have a post on the Facebook page set to post at 9:55 PDT (12:55 Ohio). It may be streamed on Dayton news websites. I really hope I can catch it on time.

If you get a link to the stream, please post it on the Who Was Buckskin Girl? page.

Did you contact Dayton Daily News or TV stations? I sent WHIO a message via website but haven't heard. Can't imagine they won't report on it as they have a breaking news alert. Here are all the local TV stations we might contact or search website for info after the conference.
WHIO tv Ch.7 ; WDTN tv Ch 2; WKEF tv Ch 22;
WGRT Fox 45 Ch 45. All these are local Dayton Ohio channels and have a Miami County News Bureau

Did you contact Dayton Daily News or TV stations? I sent WHIO a message via website but haven't heard. Can't imagine they won't report on it as they have a breaking news alert. Here are all the local TV stations we might contact or search website for info after the conference.
WHIO tv Ch.7 ; WDTN tv Ch 2; WKEF tv Ch 22;
WGRT Fox 45 Ch 45. All these are local Dayton Ohio channels and have a Miami County News Bureau

Dayton Daily News, my Miami County and WHIO. If they're not streaming live it should be on their news tonight I image then we see it then.

I'll see who else I can contact but I have a busy day

Dayton Daily News, my Miami County and WHIO. If they're not streaming live it should be on their news tonight I image then we see it then.

I'll see who else I can contact but I have a busy day

I just watched noon news at WHIO. They said a reporter will be at the PC and will be updating from there but no mention of livestream :(

Has anyone contacted news media in the "home" area?

I have. Dayton Ohio media is the home area for major tv news outlets. WHIO tv in Dayton just now.messaged me back they will be there. Not sure extent of coverage yet

There is a reporter for Piqua Daily Call named Melody Vallieu who has reported on this story if you want the small local papers. She has also reported on the updates for Piqua and Troy papers. She has a FB page

The Buckskin Girl presser should be available via FB Live on Dayton Daily News and WHIO News FB pages. See the links. Thank you to Dayton Daily News FB page for letting me know!

Dayton Daily News FB
WHIO News FB

Miami County Sheriff’s Office to release new details in 1981 unsolved homicide case

Breaking News Staff

6:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 10, 2018 News

MIAMI COUNTY

The Miami County Sheriff’s Office will be having a press conference tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. to release developments on an unsolved homicide case from 1981.

In this case, an unidentified female was discovered beside Greenlee Road on April 24th.

The press conference will be held at the Sheriff’s Office Training Center classroom located at 2050 N. County Road 25A in Troy.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/new...nsolved-homicide-case/fmfdENjXMReEHV5VZGPcpI/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann