Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that jumps out at me as a difference is that BG has a much higher forehead and hairline.

But I wonder if the coroner might have trimmed her hair back though to expose the injuries. I can't see any stubble to indicate a trimmed hairline.

The one thing that jumps out at me as a difference is that BG has a much higher forehead and hairline.

But I wonder if the coroner might have trimmed her hair back though to expose the injuries. I can't see any stubble to indicate a trimmed hairline.

Good point Carl. I wondered this myself when looking at possible matches. Please correct me if I am wrong...But, I also think (IMOO) given the traumatic injuries to the forehead as reported by LE, it is very possible there is swelling, a hematoma, or a gross deformity caused by trauma. When I look at the photos it appears to me there are several areas on her forehead that are concave and convex (lumpy) with almost a deviation or shift. If she had a crushing injury, in a photo, her forehead might appear elongated if flattened a bit. I am not sure how quickly she died after receiving the blows, but, head trauma can definitely alter facial shapes at times. Also, women also have receding hairlines as they age and depending on lifestyle. Depending on when the first picture was taken and the time between UID's photo a centimeter or two of hair lose could be normal...Ideas? I don't know if the teeth match, though...

Any such deformities resulting from her injuries probably wouldn't account for that significant of a difference.

I checked Namus and Khymbrly SCRUGGS does not appear to be ruled out.

I want to say that Wendy Byron was ruled out several years ago, but that might be something to contact the MCSO about... I've slept since 2004. :)

I checked Namus and Khymbrly SCRUGGS does not appear to be ruled out.

But the circumstances on Khymberly's disappearance seem pretty inconsistent with BG's circumstances.

That occurred to me as well Carl... but if it is the same lady, there was at least three years between the time those two pictures were taken and hairlines tend to recede. Even in women.

Also, when hair is pulled back for a pony or pig tails, it makes the forehead look larger and the widows peak a little more defined. I know this from years of doing my own daughters hair when I was a single daddy for a while before getting remarried. :)

I want to say that Wendy Byron was ruled out several years ago, but that might be something to contact the MCSO about... I've slept since 2004. :)

I looked and couldn't find where she had been excluded.

If you can find where she was excluded, can you please share it here?

~ Chuz

There are changes being made to NamUS and DNA info may not be available to the public. If anyone else received one of these emails, can you post? Mine is downloaded to hard copy file in a cabinet.

This is the email that I received:

The NamUs Missing Persons (MP) and Unidentified Persons (UP) databases are undergoing enhancements to improve overall system functionality and services. Effective September 16, 2013, the following changes will be implemented:
Users will have the ability to designate a default case photo that will be used for the NamUs record and posters.
The “Police Information” screen in the MP and UP databases will be renamed “Investigating Agency” to better represent the variety of criminal justice agencies involved in these cases.
Public users will no longer see the Activity Log in the MP and UP databases unless the public user has created the case and the message is cleared for their view.
Public users who enter a new missing person case into NamUs will continue to have access to all screens in order to make initial entries into the system. After a case is accepted into the NamUs MP database, an entering party with Public User access to NamUs will be restricted from further viewing of certain sensitive fields, such as specific information related to DNA collections, fingerprint coding and dental coding. Public entering parties may still submit this information to NamUs through their Regional System Administrator (RSA) or criminal justice contact. Entering parties may continue to contact the relevant RSA or criminal justice agency to get updates on their case.
In addition, the following changes will be made to the NamUs system on September 30, 2013:
The case tracking feature in NamUs will cap user tracking at a maximum of 50 cases.

NOTE: Registered public users currently tracking more than 50 cases have until September 30, 2013 to reduce their case tracking log to 50. After that date, the system will automatically reduce user case tracking.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact your NamUs Regional System Administrator or the NamUs toll-free number at 1-855-626-7600. You may also contact the general NamUs MP email address at questions@findthemissing.org or the general NamUs UP email address at questions@identifyus.org.

I looked and couldn't find where she had been excluded.

If you can find where she was excluded, can you please share it here?

~ Chuz

Hi Chuz - it would have been on the old Doenetwork boards, which were deleted and purged years ago. I do remember discussing the possibility with Detective Steve Lord, whom I believe is still in charge of Buckskin Girl's case and I'm almost positive he followed up on it. I remember being struck by how much they looked alike. As I said, this was close to 10 years ago, so I don't remember the reasons how/why she was ruled out as being Wendy Byron. It would definitely be worth checking into again.

Thanks for this opinion CarlK, I have been wondering about the hair line - it looks artificial to me. I did wonder what was drawing me keep looking at it, as it doesn't seem real (if that's the right word).

The hairline looks too natural to my eye to have been trimmed.

This is the email that I received:
The NamUs Missing Persons (MP) and Unidentified Persons (UP) databases are undergoing enhancements to improve overall system functionality and services. Effective September 16, 2013, the following changes will be implemented:
Users will have the ability to designate a default case photo that will be used for the NamUs record and posters.
The “Police Information” screen in the MP and UP databases will be renamed “Investigating Agency” to better represent the variety of criminal justice agencies involved in these cases.
Public users will no longer see the Activity Log in the MP and UP databases unless the public user has created the case and the message is cleared for their view.
Public users who enter a new missing person case into NamUs will continue to have access to all screens in order to make initial entries into the system. After a case is accepted into the NamUs MP database, an entering party with Public User access to NamUs will be restricted from further viewing of certain sensitive fields, such as specific information related to DNA collections, fingerprint coding and dental coding. Public entering parties may still submit this information to NamUs through their Regional System Administrator (RSA) or criminal justice contact. Entering parties may continue to contact the relevant RSA or criminal justice agency to get updates on their case.
In addition, the following changes will be made to the NamUs system on September 30, 2013:
The case tracking feature in NamUs will cap user tracking at a maximum of 50 cases.

NOTE: Registered public users currently tracking more than 50 cases have until September 30, 2013 to reduce their case tracking log to 50. After that date, the system will automatically reduce user case tracking.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact your NamUs Regional System Administrator or the NamUs toll-free number at 1-855-626-7600. You may also contact the general NamUs MP email address at questions@findthemissing.org or the general NamUs UP email address at questions@identifyus.org.

What I was told about the 50 limit was 50 on each site; not a total of 50.

Just a heads up on tyhe DNA. Example: If a half dozen submissions are made to ONE UID from every region of the US and there is DNA for everyone, there is not an efficient person coordinating the the submission of DNA info to the lab that does their work and immediate results are available for each submission. . Even then, there is a back log of at least 18 months unless there is a high profile case.

So there can be DNA for a person and it not be entered. It is on hold. I know this for a fact from cases I have submitted. One case manager seemed excited about a submission and said ..."OH! I am sure I have DNA on her! I'll call the coroner and get this entered and rollin'..."

So even if there is DNA it may not be entered OR it may not be the correct type of DNA and that too will hold up progress. Just my 2 cents. All we can do is continue looking and reporting what we find...to all agencies involved.

There are changes being made to NamUS and DNA info may not be available to the public. If anyone else received one of these emails, can you post? Mine is downloaded to hard copy file in a cabinet.

What especially sucks is that I can't see the DNA info on my own case.
To add to this; someone posted on Todd Matthews wall-
I see y'all have removed the dental and DNA information from NamUs on the UP's from public view. Slightly disappointing. It will make it harder for volunteers like myself to try to make matches. Why so much secrecy? Please don't take the exclusion lists! We need them, they are extremely important.

Todd Matthews I've learned that medical records are best left to the experts. They can easily be misinterpreted. I've watched it happen many times. --- Medical examiners hesitated to put the information into the files because they were so open.

Hi Chuz - it would have been on the old Doenetwork boards, which were deleted and purged years ago. I do remember discussing the possibility with Detective Steve Lord, whom I believe is still in charge of Buckskin Girl's case and I'm almost positive he followed up on it. I remember being struck by how much they looked alike. As I said, this was close to 10 years ago, so I don't remember the reasons how/why she was ruled out as being Wendy Byron. It would definitely be worth checking into again.

Not to derail the thread with it - but why was the Doe network purged?

That occurred to me as well Carl... but if it is the same lady, there was at least three years between the time those two pictures were taken and hairlines tend to recede. Even in women.

Also, when hair is pulled back for a pony or pig tails, it makes the forehead look larger and the widows peak a little more defined. I know this from years of doing my own daughters hair when I was a single daddy for a while before getting remarried. :)
Thanks for this opinion CarlK, I have been wondering about the hair line - it looks artificial to me. I did wonder what was drawing me keep looking at it, as it doesn't seem real (if that's the right word).

Her hairline has some new hair growth and obvious breakage. This is referred to as traction alopecia often caused by excessive pulling from wearing hair in tight pony tails or braids over time. The tightness of these hairstyles causes hair loss and inhibits follicular growth causing receding hairlines in women. Obviously she is wearing tight braids, they are pretty much perfect even after the trauma she went through. Age is also a factor in receding hairlines in women along other conditions such as thyroid disorders or nutritional deficiencies. I think she is worth looking at, especially with some of the comparable freckles...like on the neck. When the images are overlaid, they actually are very similar including the ears. I also agree with the previous poster who said hairlines are deceptive according to the style. Wendy's hair is combed forward then parted, Buckskin's is combed back and parted. Wendy's hair combed forward will change the look of her hairline. IMOO...

But the circumstances on Khymberly's disappearance seem pretty inconsistent with BG's circumstances.

True in many ways. I think there have been other cases where someone is assumed murdered and they go unidentified or show up alive after years, though. KS was also a student studying political science and international affairs. Usually sophomores or juniors become idealists or disillusioned in the system at that point. The AIM movement was working with the UN on treaties in the late 1970's and WARN was pretty active at a similar time. Is it possible she walked away to become an activist? Is it possible she wanted to create a different life for herself, especially given the reality check or the topics she was studying? :twocents:

I just received this e-mail from NAMUS.

NamUs Case # 4790 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

The following fields have been changed: Exclusion added

I know it would be a pain, but I wish that NAMUS could provide a hyperlink to an image and or the MP file for the names on the "exclusions" list.

It would be interesting to see how those MP's details actually compare to the UID's information.

I just received this e-mail from NAMUS.

NamUs Case # 4790 has had changes made. You can view the case by clicking the url below

URL: https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

The following fields have been changed: Exclusion added

I know it would be a pain, but I wish that NAMUS could provide a hyperlink to an image and or the MP file for the names on the "exclusions" list.

It would be interesting to see how those MP's details actually compare to the UID's information.

"Exclusion" could actually be more then one. The only way to know is to track the exclusions. I do it on another case; I pasted the exclusions into word; printed it; I then go down the list I have; matching it to what is shown on NamUs. Very time consuming some days.

I have submitted everything I have (including links to these threads) for the NAMUS case manager on bot the MP and the UID. I have received responses from the Case manager for our 'BuckSkin girl' before, so I know that contact information is good.

Now comes the hard part - the waiting.

Hopefully, I'll get a response soon.

Thanks for everyone's inputs.

"Exclusion" could actually be more then one. The only way to know is to track the exclusions. I do it on another case; I pasted the exclusions into word; printed it; I then go down the list I have; matching it to what is shown on NamUs. Very time consuming some days.

Thank you for that tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member