Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't discount the chance that the jacket BG was wearing might have been homemade using one of the Patterns available. But the hash marks (chevron looking stripes) on BG's sleeve match the same on the articles I posted - jackets that were actually manufactured. The Mc'Calls and other 'pattern' products did not have or show those has marks.

BG's Jacket also has the same number of eyelets and is in the same direction "stitching" as the manufactured jackets. (see: arrow patterns on all the accent stitching.)

I am open to being wrong about it but I think her jacket was store bought (at least) originally.

Did they clean BG's jacket before photographing it? It seems in reasonable condition if she was found lying face down in a ditch. The eyelets are bright silver and there are no shiny wear marks or creasing on the arms joints - (though I can see some stains in the front and on the cuffs)
I wondered why the label was removed?
The jacket doesn't seem 'well worn'. I wonder if it had been a recent purchase by her.

Does the age automatically rule her out? Curious...Thanks.

Oh no, not at all. If it was 30 versus 15, I'd tend to discount it, but age estimates in an adult woman are pretty much a guess. They go by things like how worn/aged the teeth look and whether bone density loss has begun, but that's highly variable. My doctor last time told me my skeletal age is about 40, but I'm in my upper 50's, so if they found my remains, they might well estimate wrong.

I've always thought she looked like she was at the older rather than the younger end of the estimated range anyway.

And I think your possible match is very likely.

Could the patterns and the materials have been sold at fabric stores, sewing stores, or maybe dime stores back then?

What about ads in sewing magazines? The patterns could have been ordered from a sewing magazine ad.

Yes, yes, and yes. You could have bought Simplicity patterns at Woolworth's fabric department. Most department stores in the West (and I presume other rural areas) had fabric departments with patterns. And yes, from ads in sewing magazines as well as women's (Woman's Day, Good Housekeeping, etc.) and general family (Grit, Farm Family, etc.) magazines.

That's one of the things that made me start searching. I have doubts that it is "homemade" just because it looks hand stitched. I've not worked a lot with leather but those steel eyelets are not that easy to line up and install as nicely and uniformly as the BG's jacket was made.

I believe it was made by the company with the "Mexico" label that I posted earlier.

I sent a message to these guys "Logo's Database" to see if they can help determine anything more about that company.

I have a few other interesting prospects for this case.

I wonder if anyone else here has already given them any consideration.

BKLedford.jpg

Bonnie K. Ledford

Karen Dean Evan

clitheroe_dorothy.jpg

Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe

We can rule out Bonnie Ledford. Bones discovered in 2003 and strongly believed to be hers were just positively identified as belonging to her, Acc to CP: http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

Ok. I have mentioned this before: because of the date the body was found and the outdated clothing style it is very possible the UID was in jail, prison, or an institution and released with the clothing she came in with. I found Andrea Jean Coyle to similar to Buckskin Girl. She is not on the Namus rule outs (unless she goes by another name).

Andrea: Brown, Brown, 5'4'', 130#, Age 30 when missing, missing since 1978. Known to hitchhike, mental health issues including involuntary holds. Similar neck and facial moles/freckles to UID, poor photo quality though.
UID: Brown, Brown/Red, 5'6'', 130, age 18-26.

Andrea http://doenetwork.org/cases/2495dfpa.html

View attachment 37156

Ideas? Input?

I don't think the (presumably more recent) first two pics of Andrea look like BG, but the older (yearbook?) photo does. Wish we had a better profile shot of Andrea where we could really see her nose. I question if this is her mostly because BG is described as looking healthy, whereas AJC had a lot of issues and looks a bit haggard in those shots.

In any case, here's some more background on AJC. Sad story:

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/514296.html

Oh no, not at all. If it was 30 versus 15, I'd tend to discount it, but age estimates in an adult woman are pretty much a guess. They go by things like how worn/aged the teeth look and whether bone density loss has begun, but that's highly variable. My doctor last time told me my skeletal age is about 40, but I'm in my upper 50's, so if they found my remains, they might well estimate wrong.

I've always thought she looked like she was at the older rather than the younger end of the estimated range anyway.

And I think your possible match is very likely.

Thanks. How would we go about submitting her? I prefer not to due to many reasons. But, I would like more folks chiming in to see if she is close enough to submit...:twocents:

I don't think the (presumably more recent) first two pics of Andrea look like BG, but the older (yearbook?) photo does. Wish we had a better profile shot of Andrea where we could really see her nose. I question if this is her mostly because BG is described as looking healthy, whereas AJC had a lot of issues and looks a bit haggard in those shots.

In any case, here's some more background on AJC. Sad story:

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/514296.html

BBM. The sister refers to the Moonie Organization sending her a letter. Moonies are followers of Sun Myung Moon...Sun Myung Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It appears they were encouraged to give up possessions, etc. If going along the lines of the outdated turtle neck, it is possible this was a salvation army or other entity donation. However, this too could just be that AJC was vulnerable and adrift and merely requested information.

I agree. I would definitely like a better profile shot. The only thing that comes to mind is that many people (after they pass) look a lot less haggard, fatigued, and wrinkled, etc. if they are chronically stressed in life. Plus, if she did spend time in a facility (jail, institution, etc.), she would have been fairly well rested, had decrease stress, and maybe gained some healthy weight due to routine-3 meals a day, hygiene, mundane day-in-day-out, little real-world pressure, etc. I am not sure if she is a good fit either...

We can rule out Bonnie Ledford. Bones discovered in 2003 and strongly believed to be hers were just positively identified as belonging to her, Acc to CP: http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

Thank you for that!

I'm glad for her family and I hope they have some answers.

I wish we could go back and edit posts by writing "FOUND" across the images of previously posted MP's who have been found and verified.

Hi all, I've been trying to stay focused on this case and a few others. (I tend to bounce back and forth).

Lately, I've tried to focus on the make of our UID's sweater.

The style turtleneck she was wearing is called a "jester" style. It's also a bid of the geometric and "mod" style of the 70's and 80's. But good luck matching the exact pattern.

I have searched everything from "Argyle" to "Ballantine" to "Vintage" everything - with no luck yet.

The "Jester" style sweaters (Like our UID's) was sold very heavily in the early 80's by "J Crew" stores.

But guess what?

J Crew was not established until 1983 and that was too long after BG's body was discovered for it to have been a source.

I believe finding the source of her sweater may help pinpoint a key location in her story.

Please help if you can with anything along those lines.

When I was searching yearbooks, I ran across a few girls who were wearing roughly similar patterned sweaters. But there weren't that many. There were a lot of girls wearing sweaters, but very few were similar to BG's.

Lately I have been thinking about that style sweater having worn similar ones myself in the past, once in early 70's and again 80's.
The brown/orange combo was quite trendy too.
Cannot remember where purchased. Been racking head ever since finding this thread.

When I was searching yearbooks, I ran across a few girls who were wearing roughly similar patterned sweaters. But there weren't that many. There were a lot of girls wearing sweaters, but very few were similar to BG's.

Another keyword that has brought me closer to finding a match is "Harlequin."

In fact I have found images of wallpaper with the very same pattern and different colors but with no other useful information.

WalMart Wall Paper.

0009121248781_P255045_180X180.jpg

Lately I have been thinking about that style sweater having worn similar ones myself in the past, once in early 70's and again 80's.
Cannot remember where purchased. Been racking head ever since finding this thread.

In some of my searches that color has also been called "copper orange."

That may help narrow the search some.

I think that sweaters like that may have been popular in the late 1970s because I remember my mom having something that looked like that when I was very young.

Hi all, it's been and all nighter but I am very excited to submit a possible name for our UID "BuckSkin Girl"

I believe her name was Wendy Susan Byron - one of the MP's listed on this site.

Please consider this News Article from May this year.

The back yard of her (previously suspect) husband's home was searched thoroughly but no remains were found.

Another News article states: "Eyewitness News spoke with Robert Byron's sister, who said her brother told her that Wendy had moved to Ohio and changed her identity, and that Robert had spoken with Wendy several years after she had disappeared."

When that jumped out at me, I started comparing images and I really believe it is her.

If you'll note - in Wendy's photo, she has a seriously chipped front tooth. And according to various sources, our UID (found three nearly years later) has a crown on tooth #8 (see attached). That's the same too shown chipped in Wendy's photograph.

There is a slight color disparity between the Mp's and the UID's eye color as they were recorded as Hazel and Light Brown. However, I think that can be somewhat subjective between those two colors.

Please consider the information and images and share your thoughts before I submit this for consideration by the authorities.

Thanks.

Attachments

• toothdiagram.jpg
    toothdiagram.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 50
Hi all, it's been and all nighter but I am very excited to submit a possible name for our UID "BuckSkin Girl"

I believe her name was Wendy Susan Byron - one of the MP's listed on this site.

Please consider this News Article from May this year.

The back yard of her (previously suspect) husband's home was searched thoroughly but no remains were found.

Another News article states: "Eyewitness News spoke with Robert Byron's sister, who said her brother told her that Wendy had moved to Ohio and changed her identity, and that Robert had spoken with Wendy several years after she had disappeared."

When that jumped out at me, I started comparing images and I really believe it is her.

If you'll note - in Wendy's photo, she has a seriously chipped front tooth. And according to various sources, our UID (found three nearly years later) has a crown on tooth #8 (see attached). That's the same too shown chipped in Wendy's photograph.

There is a slight color disparity between the Mp's and the UID's eye color as they were recorded as Hazel and Light Brown. However, I think that can be somewhat subjective between those two colors.

Please consider the information and images and share your thoughts before I submit this for consideration by the authorities.

Thanks.

Maybe Wendy Byron actually did fly out of Ontario International Airport (where her car was left)? There is definitely a resemblance between the two women. I'm not sure though, per NamUs, there is DNA on file for both the woman found in Miami County and Ms. Byron; I would assume CODIS would have caught a match between the two? (I could be wrong about this)

Wendy Byron's NamUs page -- https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17621/74/

Good one Chuz Life, time well spent!!
Notable in both BSG and WB, is that neither have any piercings.

Maybe Wendy Byron actually did fly out of Ontario International Airport (where her car was left)? There is definitely a resemblance between the two women. I'm not sure though, per NamUs, there is DNA on file for both the woman found in Miami County and Ms. Byron; I would assume CODIS would have caught a match between the two? (I could be wrong about this)

Wendy Byron's NamUs page -- https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17621/74/

The DNA! Auggghhh.

I did overlook that DNA was available for both women.

I looked for Wendy's name on the exclusions list though and Wendy's name is not there. So, maybe she was just not considered as a possibility before. I wish NAMUS would share a little more information. Today, I will share this post with Wendy's NAMUS administrator and see if the two can be considered a bit more closely.

Did anyone else take a close look at their upper lips?

Just a heads up on tyhe DNA. Example: If a half dozen submissions are made to ONE UID from every region of the US and there is DNA for everyone, there is not an efficient person coordinating the the submission of DNA info to the lab that does their work and immediate results are available for each submission. . Even then, there is a back log of at least 18 months unless there is a high profile case.

So there can be DNA for a person and it not be entered. It is on hold. I know this for a fact from cases I have submitted. One case manager seemed excited about a submission and said ..."OH! I am sure I have DNA on her! I'll call the coroner and get this entered and rollin'..."

So even if there is DNA it may not be entered OR it may not be the correct type of DNA and that too will hold up progress. Just my 2 cents. All we can do is continue looking and reporting what we find...to all agencies involved.

There are changes being made to NamUS and DNA info may not be available to the public. If anyone else received one of these emails, can you post? Mine is downloaded to hard copy file in a cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties