Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that's quite a daunting task. Does Canada even have the equivalent of CODIS?

http://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/sites/default/files/content/mcscs/docs/ec082248_0.pdf
Missing Persons Search Requests
Currently, the legislation that will address the use of the NDDB in Missing Persons investigations is in
draft and is therefore, not implemented. As such, missing persons searches at CFS are restricted to DNA profiles from Direct Reference Samples (DRS) from possible missing persons and are only: Acceptedfor analysis when they are associated with a specific Unidentified Human Remains (UHR) case investigation

Uploaded to the CFS Missing Person index when they are excluded as the source of the specific
Unidentified Human Remains (UHR) for which they were submitted
Once uploaded to the Missing Person index, the DNA profiles are searched against Unidentified Human Remains and Known Deceased individuals. CFS does not currently conduct kinship / familial type searches using CODIS.

Interpol Search Requests
Investigating agencies may provide the scientist with a written request for a one-time Interpol (IP) search of a DNA profile of a database that is outside of Canada.
The CFS does not have a formal agreement in place to interact directly with Interpol.
IP search request forms for DNA profiles that have previously been uploaded to the national crime scene
index are submitted, by CFS, to the NDDB, who then forward the request to IP-Ottawa.

Thanks, Dotr. It sounds like to me they only compare DNA when they have a specific match request for a UID to an MP (or vice versa), they don't match an MP to every available sample. It's only on a case by case basis. That's a shame, but it probably saves a ton a time and money.

Her outfit isn't weird for what people were wearing in the late '70's. The style generally categorized as "hippie" was widely popular, especially among women college age and younger. That jacket would have attracted attention because it's so nice, and she might have been noticed for her personal style, but generally she wouldn't have stood out.

I would expect her footgear to have been moccasins (probably calf-high and fringed) or Western boots.

A question for people on this forum who ride horses/ do rodeos- do the scars on BG seem to indicate she might have been part of the rodeo/ horsewoman circuit? She could have been hitching rides to rodeos (there are some mega popular ones in my region & in the rural parts of Canada)....That may explain how she randomly ended up in Ohio...Being on the way to a really far flung location.

I'm sure someone already suggested she might be from an Amish/Pennsylvania Dutch colony. I keep looking at her face/coloring and thinking she is of either Scotch-Irish or Germanic descent. She is so fair.

It's also crossed my mind that BG might have been set up way in advance for her untimely demise by people she already knew/was traveling with....& whatever explanation they cooked up for her disappearance is the real reason she has not been IDed yet. Keep in mind in the early 1980s it was easy to disappear if you really wanted to.....

I've wondered about her scars, too, especially the one under her lip and the damaged incisor. I know two people who had similar injuries, and they got them from bicycle accidents when they were children. They hit the handlebars. Just food for thought.

Her outfit isn't weird for what people were wearing in the late '70's. The style generally categorized as "hippie" was widely popular, especially among women college age and younger. That jacket would have attracted attention because it's so nice, and she might have been noticed for her personal style, but generally she wouldn't have stood out.

I would expect her footgear to have been moccasins (probably calf-high and fringed) or Western boots.

Agree.

I've wondered about her scars, too, especially the one under her lip and the damaged incisor. I know two people who had similar injuries, and they got them from bicycle accidents when they were children. They hit the handlebars. Just food for thought.

I have one under my chin that I got from an ice skate blade. The whole 5th grade had gone skating, someone got pushed, I ended up going down too. Ice skating was really popular in the 70's.

I have a lot of scars on my hands/ arms that I can't even remember getting lol
I went to school for cosmetology, I can't count the number of times that I cut myself between my middle finger.
I am not good with anatomy in general; wish we had her autopsy report with a diagram like Shotgun Jane. I did find a diagram, attached below.

My notes (lol)
Anterior is inside hand/ arm
Posterior is outer; finger nail side.
Radial is the thumb side
Lateral is outer arm below elbow
Dorsal is top of foot
Medial is inner foot/ ankle

There is a 7/8" scar beneath chin
a 1/4" x 1/4" scar on lateral aspect of left arm
a 2 1/4" scar along radial aspect of the left wrist and forearm
a 1" scar along anterior aspect of left wrist
a 7/8" scar along posterior aspect of the right hand at the base of the middle finger
a 1 1/8" scar along medial aspect of right ankle
and a 3/4" scar on dorsal aspect right foot.
A 3/4" x 1/4" tan birthmark is on anterior aspect left thigh.
There is a light brown raised nevus (mole) below and slightly to the medial aspect of the right breast, and another brown nevus on left arm.

Gray812and814.PNG

I wonder if the lower-lip scar was a result of her getting pushed onto/falling on top of something, if that makes sense. I have a similar scar, only it is about half the size of Buckskin Girl's, in the same place. I was around 3 or 4, and I went crashing into the floor when running. Busted the under-lip-area right open; had to get a couple stitches.

I notice that, for UIDs when all the scars are listed, it sounds like the UID had an excess of scars. But I think that's just because all of them are listed. I'm trying to list all my scars and birthmarks; so far I'm at 9. To be fair, I am very clumsy lol. Wish they showed pictures of the scars, so we could discuss the possible causes of the scars. I have one that is 1/4 x 1/8 on the lateral aspect of my right arm, which I got from unwisely slamming my elbow area on a table covered with glass shards in my horrible glass arts class. lol. I wonder if she could have worked with glass before.

The damaged #8 tooth piques my interest. Would they be able to determine, or at least guess, the age of the porcelain-metal crown?

Double post; the lack of jewelry and shoes could point to robbery (as others have brought up before). I wonder if she was in the Brukner nature center, wearing jewelry, nice shoes, and carrying a purse/backpack when she got attacked. They were in the middle of stealing her purse, she fought back, they ended up killing her. Her belongings might have been pawned off.

My #1 thought is that her murder was the product of excessive rage and not random. I'm fairly sure her killer knew her and was close to her.

This is off-topic, but was the brand of her bra determined? Perhaps, where it was being sold could be traced.

Later today, I want to compile all the theories I've rambled on about into a list.

A question for people on this forum who ride horses/ do rodeos- do the scars on BG seem to indicate she might have been part of the rodeo/ horsewoman circuit?

I ride horses, and I have one scar that is a result of riding, and it was from falling off. I have gotten lots of minor cuts and scrapes riding but none of them have left a scar but that one.

I have a lot of scars from various childhood accidents. We grew up on a farm, and my brother and I were a bit wild as kids, so a lot of them are a result of that. On the other hand I know people that have very few scars. I don't know if it's because some people scar easier or are just more reckless/clumsy/etc.

When I first read this case, I always thought she was a farm girl who left home for some reason. I think we had discussed this previously in the thread. Some old farmer mentality was if you left the farm you didn't get to come back. With the whole theory of domestic violence, maybe she met a man who her parents disapproved of, so she ran away to be with him and met with her fate. I know some parents who even in today's age would say to their daughters if you leave with him you aren't welcome back. It would make sense why she had never been identified if her parents had washed their hands of her when she ran away.

Kimberly isn't on the rule out list. She has DNA, so that would be an easy rule-in/rule-out. JMO but I don't think she is Buckskin Girl.

I ride horses, and I have one scar that is a result of riding, and it was from falling off. I have gotten lots of minor cuts and scrapes riding but none of them have left a scar but that one.

I have a lot of scars from various childhood accidents. We grew up on a farm, and my brother and I were a bit wild as kids, so a lot of them are a result of that. On the other hand I know people that have very few scars. I don't know if it's because some people scar easier or are just more reckless/clumsy/etc.

When I first read this case, I always thought she was a farm girl who left home for some reason. I think we had discussed this previously in the thread. Some old farmer mentality was if you left the farm you didn't get to come back. With the whole theory of domestic violence, maybe she met a man who her parents disapproved of, so she ran away to be with him and met with her fate. I know some parents who even in today's age would say to their daughters if you leave with him you aren't welcome back. It would make sense why she had never been identified if her parents had washed their hands of her when she ran away.

Farmer couple from the Northeast gets frustrated when their daughter engages in a relationship with a guy they don't like. Maybe they don't like him because they view him as treating her poorly, he doesn't have a good job, etc. They run off to Mexico (or nearby) to elope and then, for whatever reason, he kills her. The family doesn't report her missing because, as they see it, it's her issue and she ran off with the guy they disliked.

I don't think they hold such disdain for her that they wouldn't give her a proper burial, though. I think her family truly does care about her, but just assumes she's living well and sees no reason to resume contact, or maybe they have tried in vain to reach her via Internet, phone numbers, Whitepages, etc.

At the back of my mind, I still think about Tammy Jo Alexander's boyfriend's Zabasearch post, and wonder if someone who knew Buckskin Girl wrote a similar post. I did go on Zabasearch a while back, and tried to go through some posts, but I usually found the person in question alive through Whitepages, Facebook, or LinkedIn searches. And after a while, I didn't seem to be going anywhere, so I dropped that pretty quickly.

Her case is on fire! Not just on news articles, but also on NamUs. When I checked at 2:45, she had 204 rule-outs. Six hours later, there are 208 rule-outs. Many of the rule-outs are MPs I've not seen mentioned very much, or at all.

Larry Dewayne Hall is a convicted serial killer who lived in Wabash, IN in the 1970s and 80s. Hall traveled all over the Midwest, South, and Eastern U.S. -he was a Civil War re-enactor with a distinctive set of historically accurate sideburns.

Hall would cruise college towns and areas near Civil War battle and Civil War memorial sites, areas associated with the Civil War, etc. looking for victims. He is known to have visited one Revolutionary War site.

He is serving life in a southern prison. He seemed to be attracted to young women with dark (brunette) hair and heights ranging from 62-67 inches.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc 405/serial killers/Hall, Larry DeWayne.pdf

The above quote came from a Websleuths thread about an unidentified female that was found in a farm field in Union County, Indiana in February 1984 near the Indiana-Ohio border.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...m-UP4847-18-26-On-Unplanted-Farm-Field-Feb-84

I’m beginning to wonder if there were any memorial sites near where Buckskin Girl was found that had to do with the Revolutionary War or the Civil War eras.

The above quote came from a Websleuths thread about an unidentified female that was found in a farm field in Union County, Indiana in February 1984 near the Indiana-Ohio border.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...m-UP4847-18-26-On-Unplanted-Farm-Field-Feb-84

I’m beginning to wonder if there were any memorial sites near where Buckskin Girl was found that had to do with the Revolutionary War or the Civil War eras.

This should help with finding that. I'm only ever on mobile anymore so it'd be difficult for me to map these.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_fought_in_Ohio

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

YES!!! We have multiple cemeteries (including the one where she's buried) that have Civil War era graves. Reenactments are not uncommon within a 100 mile radius of where she was found.

Most of them are on either Lake Erie or the Ohio River.

Fort Recovery (http://www.fortrecovery.org/) is a possibility; it's about an hour away. https://goo.gl/maps/enNUvwvtctC2

It was built in 1793 and was the site of two important battles in the war between US and Iriquois federation forces. Periodically they do reenactments; they're doing one this year for the 225th anniversary of one of the battles.

This should help with finding that. I'm only ever on mobile anymore so it'd be difficult for me to map these.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_fought_in_Ohio

Thanks for the link. I see that it has listing of battles from the Revolutionary War, the Indian Wars, and the Civil War eras in Ohio.

I also see that there are three different sites from the list which could be possibilities here.

Fort St. Clair near Eaton is in Preble County, Ohio, which is near the Indiana-Ohio border and southwest of Troy.

Fort Recovery is in Mercer County, Ohio which is near the Indiana-Ohio border and northwest of Troy.

Logan’s Raid near Springfield in Clark County, Ohio is southeast of Troy.

I should also point out that Interstate 70 and U.S. Route 40 goes through Clark County and Preble County in Ohio.

Wonder what Buckskin Girl would look like with her hair pulled back in a ponytail. None of the recons have shown her with that look--would be interesting to see. Also would be curious to see a wide smile

Thanks, Irish:

Until now, I wasn't able to pinpoint exactly where she was found. But here's the Google Street View of the location:

Horseshoe Bend Rd at South Greenlee Rd - Google Maps

This is a very convenient dumping spot for someone who is exiting I-75 @ W. Market Street. I was hoping to figure out whether it was more likely that the perp was driving northbound (i.e., from Kentucky) or Southbound (i.e., from Michigan). But it is just as easy a location for someone heading Southbound on I-75 as it is for someone heading Northbound.

Bumping this forward: I want to screenshot this later, when my computer is working better.

I was looking at the timeline concerning Larry DeWayne Hall and noticed that the disappearance of his first alleged victim had occurred in February 1981.

The timeline noted that Larry DeWayne Hall is considered to be a person of interest involving the disappearances of 54 female victims across the United States from February 1981 to November 1994.

While only 14 bodies of Hall’s female victims have been found so far, the other 40 of his alleged female victims have never been found. Larry DeWayne Hall has admitted to abducting and killing 4 of his female victims.

It is believed that Larry DeWayne Hall had victims from Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, Wisconsin, Georgia, and Alabama.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc%... DeWayne.pdf

Two of Larry DeWayne Hall’s alleged female victims are from Ohio.

The first victim is Cynthia Louise Carmack, a 16 year old female who disappeared on September 20, 1988 near the Fort Hamilton historical site in Hamilton, Ohio.

Here is the thread for Cynthia Louise Carmack on Websleuths:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nthia-Louise-Carmack-15-Hamilton-26-June-1987

The second victim is Shaylene Marie Farrell, an 18 year old female who disappeared on August 8, 1994 in Piqua, Ohio.

Piqua is approximately 11 miles from the area where Buckskin Girl was found.

Here is the thread for Shaylene Marie Farrell on Websleuths:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?111273-OH-Shaylene-Marie-Farrell-18-Piqua-8-Aug-1994

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=city:(OH)+date:[1981-01-01+TO+1981-04-24]

Here are some concerts in Ohio in the year 1981 up to the day she was discovered. You can expand the date and location parameters if you want. I have no idea whether any of these artists cater to a crowd that dresses like her, however.

Bumping this forward. Thanks ebonydarkness for the link. Perhaps, she ran off to the Southwest/Mexico with a guy, and they went to or near Ohio for one of these concerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattoc907