Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Hall guy as a potential perp is making my hair stand on end. Especially if he has an alleged victim from Piqua. Piqua and Troy are rival little towns that are really more alike than different. If he was familiar with Piqua, Troy wouldn't be a big stretch for him. And I know you can look at a map and Greenlee Rd. looks like a convenient dumping spot from I-75, but it really isn't. An overhead map really doesn't do it justice. It's awkward and out of the way. Can I post videos to this? Maybe I can take you all on a drive from I-75 to the dump site and you can see for yourselves how many more convenient places there really are along the way.

This Hall guy as a potential perp is making my hair stand on end. Especially if he has an alleged victim from Piqua. Piqua and Troy are rival little towns that are really more alike than different. If he was familiar with Piqua, Troy wouldn't be a big stretch for him. And I know you can look at a map and Greenlee Rd. looks like a convenient dumping spot from I-75, but it really isn't. An overhead map really doesn't do it justice. It's awkward and out of the way. Can I post videos to this? Maybe I can take you all on a drive from I-75 to the dump site and you can see for yourselves how many more convenient places there really are along the way.

If you have the time, I'd love to see the drive!

Man, do I wish I could go to Ohio right now...Anyway, you're a great help in mapping out the area.

The above quote came from a Websleuths thread about an unidentified female that was found in a farm field in Union County, Indiana in February 1984 near the Indiana-Ohio border.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...m-UP4847-18-26-On-Unplanted-Farm-Field-Feb-84

I’m beginning to wonder if there were any memorial sites near where Buckskin Girl was found that had to do with the Revolutionary War or the Civil War eras.

BG's jacket had eyelets which make it more hippie style then re-enactment wear

BG's jacket had eyelets which make it more hippie style then re-enactment wear

I agree. Not authentic at all. Though it is the kind of thing someone might wear to a re-enactment they were attending as audience.

March 26, 2012
Source: Examiner.com - Read More...
Over three decades ago, on April 24, 1981, her body was located in a ditch on Greenlee Road, between Fenner and Horshoe Bend Roads, in rural Miami County, Ohio. These long country roads are near State Route 55 in Miami County. She was fully clothed, but bare-footed and police estimated she was killed, murdered, the day before. She had been beaten severely about the face and head and strangled to death.The area in which this young woman was located is considered Newton Township.

Map of South Greenlee Road (Centre line) between Fenner (top horizontal road) and Horseshoe Bend (Bottom horizontal road)
Note: The A is not a location marker of where Buckskin Girl was found - it is a Google reference point of Greenlee Road.

Does anyone know the exact location of where she was found on this road?

picture.php

Google Map LINK

I find it interesting that there are wooded areas close to the location where BSG was found - but she wasn't placed in the woods, but in the open.
I do not know if the area has changed much since 1981 - the houses along the road look new and well maintained.

I dont know that the location where she was found is useful for her identification, but I thought I would place it here, in case.

Great map

We should look into how and where his victims were dumped. Such as, did he typically go out of the way? Were the more convenient areas more traveled at that time for any reason? Remember he's not trying to get caught. Maybe he stopped at a diner nearby (if there is one).

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=174

LDH info from an author who grew up in Wabash, IN. Excerpts from the link posted above.

"There are groups of girls in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin and Missouri that are connected to Larry Hall."

" Larry Hall never drove a pickup, he drove vans that he used as mobile killing vehicles."

"Larry Hall told me he began murdering girls and young women in the summer of his high school graduation in 1981. He also said his first kill was in Lebanon, Indiana."

"I believe Larry Hall was most attracted to Stacy McCall. She closely resembles many of the girls Larry is connected to ... petite and athletic, with shoulder-length dark hair. Larry was known to stalk mall parking lots, plazas and stores looking for women. "

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rodriguez_rebecca.html

OK--a long shot. But I got a little excited, because Meaghan got a picture of her today--the original picture up there was of the wrong Rebecca Rodriguez, who is actually alive and well.

- Not on rule-out list
- She has brown/red hair, like BG
- Hazel eyes as opposed to BG's brown, but the difference between the two can be minimal
- Age 20 in 1981
- Fits in well with Rubies' story: named Becky, from out of state, early twenties in '81
- Rebecca is 5'2 110 lbs. as opposed to BG's 5'4-5'6 130 lbs., but Rebecca's weight/height might not have been exact

Overall, I don't think it's her, but wanted to hear some input and also put her up here for consideration for other UIDs.

They are doing isotope testing from nails + hair! Found an article which I can't link from my stupid phone lol!

There's certainly a resemblance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are doing isotope testing from nails + hair! Found an article which I can't link from my stupid phone lol!

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime...-of-miami-county/nrC57/?videoIconPresent=true

Includes a 44-second long video (and I had to watch a one-minute add to access it. lol).

"'The isotope testing may give us a better idea of where she’s spent time as opposed to the pollen results,' Lord said. 'We are going to follow where the evidence takes us. This case has never left a detectives desk since 1981, it has never been up in a drawer, we have been working it.'Lord said the department has also gotten tips about some females that had been previously excluded as possibilities.
'We’ve received a lot of general information tips that cannot be verified due to the vagueness of the information,' Lord said."

The part I bolded seriously got my heart racing. People could be calling in vague tips like "I went to a summer camp in Montpelier in 1980. One of my counselors looks just like the Jane Doe, I think her name was Shannon, Sharon, or something similar," or hopefully something more specific like "I haven't heard from my cousin, Leslie, in 35 years, she kind of looks like the picture, we lived in Boston, we wore shirts that looked like that," etc. etc. My imagination is running away with itself right now...

Just curious how far back isotopes on hair and nails can go in someone's physical history? Aren't teeth and bones used, too?

Just curious how far back isotopes on hair and nails can go in someone's physical history? Aren't teeth and bones used, too?

Nails, probably only a few months. Hair, however long it took to grow out. So it will tell where she had been recently but not where she grew up. Yes, they use teeth and bone for that.

Thanks, Carbuff. To get more complete results, I hope they do use bone/teeth as well. It would seem a waste of resources if they just did hair and nails, because they were already able to get her more recent whereabouts from the pollen, at least, that's my take on things. I would be curious to know if where she grew up is in alignment with where she was found or where she'd recently traveled, according to the pollen tests.
My hair grows really fast, so if it were me, mine probably wouldn't reveal much past a year ago.

This looks like Buck's long hair might tell a longer story, imo.

hair_map243.jpg
The two maps here show predicted average hydrogen (top) and oxygen (bottom) isotope levels in human hair across the continental United States -- isotopes that vary with geography because of different isotope levels in local drinking water. The ratios of heavy, rare hydrogen-2 to lighter, common hydrogen -1 are highest in red and orange areas in the top map, and lowest in the blue and darker green areas. The ratios of heavy, rare oxygen-18 to lighter, common oxygen-16 are highest in red and orange areas of the bottom map, and lowest in the blue and darker green areas. Photo Credit: The University of Utah
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2008-02-hair-reveals-victims-drank.html#jCp

Rbbm.
Feb 25 2008
The study found a strong correlation between hydrogen and oxygen isotope levels in hair and drinking water; 85 percent of the variation in isotope levels in a person's hair was explained by variations in drinking water isotope levels in areas where they spent time.

So a single hair can help determine a person's location during recent weeks to years, depending on the length of the hair sample and thus how much time it took to grow.

The scientists used the method to produce color-coded maps showing how ratios of hydrogen and oxygen isotopes in scalp hair vary in different areas of the United States.

the maps cannot pinpoint a person's exact locations in the past, but identifies general geographic areas where they stayed and drank local water.

"You can tell the difference between Utah and Texas," Ehleringer says. But, Cerling adds, "You may not be able to distinguish between Chicago and Kansas City."

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2008-02-hair-reveals-victims-drank.html#jCp

Thanks, Carbuff. To get more complete results, I hope they do use bone/teeth as well. It would seem a waste of resources if they just did hair and nails, because they were already able to get her more recent whereabouts from the pollen, at least, that's my take on things. I would be curious to know if where she grew up is in alignment with where she was found or where she'd recently traveled, according to the pollen tests.
My hair grows really fast, so if it were me, mine probably wouldn't reveal much past a year ago.

Well, part of the idea is to get more detail, perhaps a more precise location, and confirm the pollen tests. There's always the possibility that the clothes had bern somewhere but she hadn't (hand me downs, thrift store, etc.)

Also, the tests on hair and nails are fairly straightforward and relatively inexpensive. The bones and teeth require much more complex, expensive testing. The price has come down from the $2 million the Smithsonian used to charge, but it's still something that's often donated because LE budgets are tight.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rodriguez_rebecca.html

OK--a long shot. But I got a little excited, because Meaghan got a picture of her today--the original picture up there was of the wrong Rebecca Rodriguez, who is actually alive and well.

- Not on rule-out list
- She has brown/red hair, like BG
- Hazel eyes as opposed to BG's brown, but the difference between the two can be minimal
- Age 20 in 1981
- Fits in well with Rubies' story: named Becky, from out of state, early twenties in '81
- Rebecca is 5'2 110 lbs. as opposed to BG's 5'4-5'6 130 lbs., but Rebecca's weight/height might not have been exact

Overall, I don't think it's her, but wanted to hear some input and also put her up here for consideration for other UIDs.

I doubt its her but you never know. She's not in NamUs though

Usually teeth to tell where they grew up and hair to give newest location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members