Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a cousin that said she was contacted. She didn't say if it was DDP or the police. I just assumed it was DDP, but either way it was a raunchy thing to do the day before a holiday weekend. Remember, DDP is run by volunteers, it is completely possible one of them went rogue and were eager to know the answer or "be the one that cracked the case" and didn't follow proper steps.

I don't think her murder was DV related. She had no other indicators of being a victim of domestic violence prior to her death such as fractures, healing bruises at ToD. I think it is quite possible she was hitchhiking, refused to give in to the "*advertiser censored*, grass, or cash" demand and paid dearly for it.
It just has the other Hallmarks of DV. Lack of sexual assault is noteworthy, and I don't think she would hitchhike out to Ohio by herself..

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Domestic violence could have come from a boyfriend her family wasn't even aware of-- especially if she had not contacted her family for a couple years prior to her death. Or this could be the work of a serial killer who picked her up while hitchhiking. Either way, I think if her family had not seen her for a while, it won't really help us to dig into their lives (besides it's against TOS to openly sleuth them here when they haven't been declared suspects by LE).
Right, what I was saying the issue was

OK, sorry if I misunderstood your post.
That's ok! I just didn't want to make it seem like I was trying to search the family- we absolutely must respect that- I'm just trying to figure out to recalibrate

That's ok! I just didn't want to make it seem like I was trying to search the family- we absolutely must respect that- I'm just trying to figure out to recalibrate

Oh, Gotcha. We could spend our time recapping what we know about the case.

There was a cousin that said she was contacted. She didn't say if it was DDP or the police. I just assumed it was DDP, but either way it was a raunchy thing to do the day before a holiday weekend. Remember, DDP is run by volunteers, it is completely possible one of them went rogue and were eager to know the answer or "be the one that cracked the case" and didn't follow proper steps.

I don't think her murder was DV related. She had no other indicators of being a victim of domestic violence prior to her death such as fractures, healing bruises at ToD. I think it is quite possible she was hitchhiking, refused to give in to the "*advertiser censored*, grass, or cash" demand and paid dearly for it.

DDP turns info over to LE if they have a close match. LE then goes in public databases to find their info. They would not contact family with news of a death. Colleen has an excellent reputation that she wouldn't want to tarnish.

DDP definitely did NOT contact the family. The one son-of-the-cousin I spoke to said law enforcement contacted his mom. Every DDP volunteer signs a confidentiality agreement too. And law enforcement obviously contacted the family as soon as they could because can you imagine how awful it would be if Buckskin's mom passed away in the time they waited to tell her? You can't waste time, especially when the Jane Doe's parents are obviously elderly.

DDP definitely did NOT contact the family. The one son-of-the-cousin I spoke to said law enforcement contacted his mom. Every DDP volunteer signs a confidentiality agreement too. And law enforcement obviously contacted the family as soon as they could because can you imagine how awful it would be if Buckskin's mom passed away in the time they waited to tell her? You can't waste time, especially when the Jane Doe's parents are obviously elderly.

I don't consider their ages that elderly, it's not like they're in their 90s.

I don't consider their ages that elderly, it's not like they're in their 90s.

I never claimed they were *that* elderly, I said they were *obviously* elderly. Late 70s is obviously elderly. Less than 5% of people make it to their 90s. The takeaway is that LE can't drag their feet when it comes to notifying a parent whose young adult daughter passed away 40 years ago. Anyway, I don't want to harp on the ages of Buckskin Girl's parents, my larger point hopefully makes sense.

It just has the other Hallmarks of DV. Lack of sexual assault is noteworthy, and I don't think she would hitchhike out to Ohio by herself..

She may have met someone on the road too and travelled with them for a time and it turned ugly. I think it was mentioned by LE witness/es reported seeing her at a bar in Troy. Wether that was actually her or not I don't know. Or weather she was alone or with someone else? Or did she meet someone new there who could have killed her. No shoes and clean feet are puzzling. I wonder how she had money to eat or stay anywhere if she was a transient.

The family asked that those trying to find her killer respectfully be thanked :)

I wonder how she had money to eat or stay anywhere if she was a transient.

My guess is that she picked up odd jobs here and there. This is why I think it's so important for her to be officially identified. She may have worked for somebody or worked with somebody who might remember her and who she hung around with. LE noted that she had "excellent personal hygiene" and was in "remarkably good physical condition" so she obviously didn't live on the streets or anything like that. She had enough money to take care of herself. Since it also appeared that she spent lots of time outdoors, maybe she did farm labour such as picking fruit/vegetables. When I typed in "farmer girl" on google, I got a stock image which makes me think BG's clothing and hair style was very much in line with someone who worked on a farm:

cache.php

I put my own hair (which is reddish brown ) in braided pigtails like that when I'm either working on a project that's messy and requires detail work (like painting difficult areas), or outside in the wind. Also because I'm not overly good at braiding hair. But I know pigtails were not totally unusual as a 70s hairstyle for active adult women.

Just remembered , since I'm curled up in bed, I also braid my hair before I go to sleep, to keep it from snarling up in my sleep.
Since I don't think she was all painty, I feel like braids would be tremendously appropriate for hitch hiking, and maybe sleeping in a truck or van.

My guess is that she picked up odd jobs here and there. This is why I think it's so important for her to be officially identified. She may have worked for somebody or worked with somebody who might remember her and who she hung around with. LE noted that she had "excellent personal hygiene" and was in "remarkably good physical condition" so she obviously didn't live on the streets or anything like that. She had enough money to take care of herself. Since it also appeared that she spent lots of time outdoors, maybe she did farm labour such as picking fruit/vegetables. When I typed in "farmer girl" on google, I got a stock image which makes me think BG's clothing and hair style was very much in line with someone who worked on a farm:

cache.php
In the autopsy report it was noted she was in excellent physical condition and couldve spent time on a farm.

In the autopsy report it was noted she was in excellent physical condition and couldve spent time on a farm.

I seem to recall from a few pages back that Marcia's family said she was quite alternative. I was wondering whether WWOOF had spread to the USA by the late 1970s (it started in the UK in 1971) and whether she might have been a volunteer for keep and board on an organic farm. It's worth mentioning that as well as agricultural-type work, many WWOOF places also include working with livestock.

WWOOFers tend to migrate from one place to another following the work and harvests, so it's possible she could have teamed up with another person to travel between jobs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWOOF
http://wwoof.net/

I seem to recall from a few pages back that Marcia's family said she was quite alternative. I was wondering whether WWOOF had spread to the USA by the late 1970s (it started in the UK in 1971) and whether she might have been a volunteer for keep and board on an organic farm. It's worth mentioning that as well as agricultural-type work, many WWOOF places also include working with livestock.

WWOOFers tend to migrate from one place to another following the work and harvests, so it's possible she could have teamed up with another person to travel between jobs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWOOF
http://wwoof.net/
According to their website, there are numerous farms in Ohio. But I don't know if they existed when she was in that area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member