GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Soul & darlin! I was just wondering where specifically. I knew it was at the environmental center, but wasn't sure exactly where, if it was on the road or in a drive way or parking area.

No, the police said there was no relationship between any of the women and him.

They said they think he may have been watching the family.

It is illegal where he lives to burn but neighbors must have never thought to call police or the fire department I guess.

(BBM)

They don't sound so sure now.

But Barber said authorities are looking into whether Hoffman somehow became acquainted with Herrmann or her children. He said he didn't consider the entry into the house at 481 King Beach Rd., where blood was found last week after the four were reported missing, a forced entry.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/11/16/hope-fading.html?sid=101

I have a sneaking suspicion that this was not the first time MH had been in that house and not discounting a relationship that was kept secret. I'm also wondering if SM was the original target of this crime. MH didn't have a previous record for pedophilia or sexual assault, which may or may not be significant.

JMO

fb guy just posted it was his group that found the trash bags, tarp, and duct tape and that they looked "new" (fwiw)

Matthew's friend is linked on the FB page-- provides lots of insight into Matthew's "strange activities". Apparently, like myself and his friend, Matthew liked to burn campfires, climb trees, going camping, and learning outdoors survival skills. My Cub Scout son and husband (who is a troop leader) pride themselves on much of the same.

There is no doubt that Matthew is a bad human being, but I'm a little scared to see so much outdoorsy behavior described as suspect. Certainly, outdoors skills are less prominent in a culture where we tend to have a TV in every room, but Matthew's love of nature is not what makes him a criminal. It is his treatment of fellow human beings.

and of animals. Killing squirrels? And killing dogs?
Psychopaths start off by killing animals. :furious:

Thanks Soul & darlin! I was just wondering where specifically. I knew it was at the environmental center, but wasn't sure exactly where, if it was on the road or in a drive way or parking area.

I like specifics also. Hope this helps.

A pickup truck belonging to a missing Apple Valley woman was located last night in the parking lot of Kenyon College’s Brown Family Environmental Center on Laymon Road.

http://www.knoxpages.com/?NewsID=8168&CatID=1

At the Facebook page they're talking about someone finding a tarp, trash bags, and duct tape, all in new condition, off Gambier Road in the Howard area. There was mention of route 229 also, but not knowing the area I don't know if route 229 intersects with Gambier Road.
there are maps and articles on the last page you can look at (one is a pdf of the trail).

Dispatch also reported on the finds.

Hey all -

I haven't seen the case timeline yet, but do we know the DQ shift hours Tina was supposed to work last Wed.? If she texted her ex about the dog at 11:30, she probably wasn't scheduled before then. Kids get home from school around 4, maybe? I wonder what time she had planned to look at apts with Stephanie, and if she made plans to look at apts with Stephanie when she was supposed to be working?

Just trying to figure out what happened and when. This case seems so odd if MH's sole motivation was to get Sarah...seems like those predators abduct their victms when they're alone and unprotected.

Heather
As far as I know her work schedule hasn't been publicly released but, just for reference, the DQ where she was employed is open from 11AM - 10PM except for Friday & Saturday it is open until 11PM. I would imagine employees arrive 30 minutes to an hour prior to opening and stay 30 minutes to an hour after closing to clean up.

Link to DQ website

At the Facebook page they're talking about someone finding a tarp, trash bags, and duct tape, all in new condition, off Gambier Road in the Howard area. There was mention of route 229 also, but not knowing the area I don't know if route 229 intersects with Gambier Road.

From the google map I am looking at 229 and Gambier Rd are the same.:waitasec:

Then he would have to find a way to carry dead weight times 3. Possible, but it seems very difficult. I think he is more persuasive than we give him credit for.

But if you put all that weight, immobilized, on a tarp and drag the tarp, makes it much easier, no?

Kinda like I put my fridge on pieces of old blanket to move it.....much easier....slides across.

Does anyone find it unusual that the general public is doing a lot of the searching on this case? Most of the recent cases taht I have followed have been pretty clear that they did not want any general public searching, outside of normal activities. I keep seeing people posting on FB about searches, both organized and not and am wondering if LE is accepting of this.

I can't look for links right now, but from what I've read she worked nights and the ex bf frequently watched the kids for her. Tina and Stephanie were supposed to go apt hunting, I imagine because she was still living with the ex and things were tense (he was quoted as saying, "as civil as things can be when youre living in the same house still" or similiar). Also he didn't come back that night, spent the night with a friend, not sure if that was planned or not, Tina did text him about 1130 to say she had fed or walked the dog.

And I thought I read at the very beginning that Tina had called in to tell work that she wasn't coming, but then I read that here work called in for a welfare check that evening, so there is quite a bit of conflicting information.

Tina failed to show up for work on Wednesday evening and that's what prompted her manager to send the police to Tina's house to do a welfare check. When she didn't come to work Thursday, the manager went to Tina's house, peeked in the windows, entered the house and found the blood. She called 911.

If he has a public defender now, has he stopped talking to police?

From the google map I am looking at 229 and Gambier Rd are the same.:waitasec:
The bags are on the side of Lower Gambier Road near Rt. 229, about a half mile from where Tina Herrmann's car was found abandoned on Thursday. The silver-and-black tarp is about 20 feet off the road near the edge of a woods. Agents with the Ohio Bureau of Identification and Investigation are on the way to check out the bags, a Franklin County deputy said.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/11/16/hope-fading.html?sid=101

FB chatter says the bags were on a hillside, "like they were just tossed off", and tarp was down closer to the river.

I have a sick feeling.....

Watching this facebook page about the search and prayers for these people, I think the entire community is going to need critical incident stress debriefing! So heartbreaking, but man, reading that reaffirms that there are SO MANY good people in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717